Bold takes: opinions Sabrespace won’t agree with

dudacek

Girgensons will stink this year and then will get hurt again, missing lots of time. The huge investment in him will be proven to be a waste.

Ullmark will get hurt again and miss lots of time.

The Sabres will acquire Christian Dvorak from the Coyotes, who will successfully reunite with Reinhart.

Skinner's problem was his hands were hurt. He'll bounce back with a 25 goal season this year.

Granato will  lead the Sabres to the most improved record in the league.

Eichel will sit out the 2021-22 season.

Ralph Krueger will shave his head, get divorced, get engaged to AOC and then become a big wheel at the U.N.  

Edited by Kong
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Victor Olofsson could become a star, but requires linemates who move the puck latterly in the offensive zone. The Sabres currently have no linemate for him, and I believe will never find one for him. If he ends up in, say, Boston, watch out.

Stats indicated the Sabres decided to trade Sam Reinhart a long time ago, as they played him against the weakest competition to pad his stats.

Adams met with Eichel just before Eichel's famous 'Wherever' quote and purposefully angered him so Adams would have license to trade from the fans. This now bites Adams in the butt as other teams know the price will come down as Eichel must be dealt.

The Sabres will once again form a defense with not enough players who can play the PK.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Reinhart is traded, Risto and Jack remain Sabres
  • Sabres take Power 1st overall and he makes the team
  • Beniers drops out of the top 5 picks
  • Granato is fired by Christmas
  • Ullmark signs elsewhere, they bring back Hutton/Tokarski
  • UPL is traded
  • Risto and Borgen are overrated

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

Risto is a good second pairing defensemen.

The Sabres need defensemen and Owen Power is only one part of the makeover needed there.

Liger is Beniers mom.

The team SHOULD trade Eichel.

Victor Olofsson is a player winning teams should want.

Oloffson is generally thought of as a power play sniper and not much more.  I was surprised recently to notice that he led the team in assists, although only 19.  Eight of those were on the power play.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Okay why not. 

Risto will still be here this year. He will in fact re-sign and eventually retire as a lifetime Sabre. 

Ullmark will be a meh back up for some other team. 

Power will be our pick. Power will end up a hall of fame player. 

Eichel will go to Boston for Jake DeBrusk and 4 consecutive 1st round draft choices. We will all hate this. 

We will trade Jake Debrusk to Edmonton after a year of disappointing results. 

Reinhart will score 40 goals. For Vancouver. 

Skinner will be here forever, eventually becoming GM. 

Tage Thompson will eventually quit hockey and join the circus. 

We will finish dead last but lose the lottery. 

KA will get bumped up to some fictitious uber management job and a new GM will be hired after the season. 

Kim Pegula will say the fans don't know everything we do. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's see ...

Risto is exposed and Seattle take him

Borgen will be Risto in 5 years partnered with Owen Power on the second pairing

Sabres sign Suter to a 4 year $20 million contract and he wears an 'A'

Neither Jack, nor Samson, are traded

Jack does not have surgery and fully recovers by December

Jack will lead the team in points at a PPG pace over 82 games ... he will play around 50 games, wearing the 'C'

Samson will take a huge step after signing a 5 year $32.5 million contract, wears an 'A' and the 'C' when Jack is out of the lineup ... 2nd in team scoring with 69 points

VO will score 35 goals ... 15 not on the PP ... will have 20 assists to be third in scoring on this offesive juggernaught

Owen Power will be drafted first overall and be on the roster all season

Casy, Dylan and some others make great progress and are good players in the top 9

Girgs comes back big time heavy duty and wears an 'A'

Rasmus II takes great strides under Granato and becomes a scoring machine and also a stud on D ... will be a Norris finalist, but not win

Granato is given a huge hug by all Sabre fans when he gets us to the playoff in year one ... last team to qualify and we win the opening series

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
even in point form my typing is not goodly
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, dudacek said:

Here are five takes I have that I’m sure many of you will disagree with:

• Linus Ullmark is a legitimate top 20 NHL starter
  • Rasmus Ristolainen is a better asset than Will Borgen and the Seattle Kraken agree with me.
  • Tage Thompson will score 20 goals one year in the NHL.
  • Max Comtois would be a better return piece in an Eichel trade than Alex Tuch or Alex Turcotte.
  • Owen Power will not be the Sabres pick at 1st overall.

Things are about to get interesting. Go on record with some of yours.

I think I agree with all of these lol 

16 hours ago, Curt said:

If the Sabres acquire another 1st round pick, it would be a good idea to draft a goalie.  Wallstedt or Cossa.

Very bold. 

16 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Owen Power is not and will not be the best player from the 2021 draft. 

Not only not "bold", the bolded is likely. Field vs 1 guy

13 hours ago, Curt said:

Of the players who are currently part of the organization, Arttu Routsalainen will score the most goals for the Sabres in 2021-22.

Curt up in here doing this thread right I must say 

13 hours ago, rakish said:

Victor Olofsson could become a star, but requires linemates who move the puck latterly in the offensive zone. The Sabres currently have no linemate for him, and I believe will never find one for him. If he ends up in, say, Boston, watch out.

Stats indicated the Sabres decided to trade Sam Reinhart a long time ago, as they played him against the weakest competition to pad his stats.

Adams met with Eichel just before Eichel's famous 'Wherever' quote and purposefully angered him so Adams would have license to trade from the fans. This now bites Adams in the butt as other teams know the price will come down as Eichel must be dealt.

The Sabres will once again form a defense with not enough players who can play the PK.

Oh ya. All those official tweets to the affect of..."We see him as a C going forward". HUGE tell

The Adams point is awesome and I've been saying the same thing. 

Edited by Thorny

1. More than just Jack will leave in an Eichel trade
  2. Jack will be skating before the trade and will need minor surgery at most
  3. If a C prospect is not included in an Eichel trade, Reinhart won't be traded
  4. Cozens will play wing this season
  5. If the Sabres trade with the Wild, their draft pick will be a GK 
  6. Ullmark will return
  7. Sabres will trade for a backup GK rather than a UFA
  8. Thompson and Mitts will get the bust label removed from their names.
  9. Adams won't trade or make a deal with the Krak
  10. Power will be the pick at #1

10 minutes ago, jsb said:
  1. More than just Jack will leave in an Eichel trade
  2. Jack will be skating before the trade and will need minor surgery at most
  3. If a C prospect is not included in an Eichel trade, Reinhart won't be traded
  4. Cozens will play wing this season
  5. If the Sabres trade with the Wild, their draft pick will be a GK 
  6. Ullmark will return
  7. Sabres will trade for a backup GK rather than a UFA
  8. Thompson and Mitts will get the bust label removed from their names.
  9. Adams won't trade or make a deal with the Krak
  10. Power will be the pick at #1

He literally already is skating. 

Power being the #1 pick is about as bold as saying you like wings in Buffalo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He literally already is skating. 

Power being the #1 pick is about as bold as saying you like wings in Buffalo. 

I thought the minor surgery at most was the bold part

As for Power, that's bold for me because I would hope they pick him at #3 at best and take the best forward prospect at #1

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

• Rasmus Ristolainen is a better asset than Will Borgen and the Seattle Kraken agree with me.
  • Max Comtois would be a better return piece in an Eichel trade than Alex Tuch or Alex Turcotte.

1 - Just probably not here unfortunately

2 - Probably right, but if you want one on the roster next year - keep that guy

3 - I could see it - he needs to get more physical and work on his hands as a net front presence.  

4 - Tough to project but Tuchs the one whos not like - ascending anymore so i can get behind it.

5 - I hope you are right.

Edited by Drag0nDan

4 minutes ago, jsb said:

I thought the minor surgery at most was the bold part

As for Power, that's bold for me because I would hope they pick him at #3 at best and take the best forward prospect at #1

The idea is to express an opinion that you believe, but you think most others would disagree with, or find to be bold.

Power at #1 is not bold.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, Kong said:

About Eichel's recent  interview and his stated wish to play for the Bruins...this was not advisable to say while still a member of the Sabres. It's not a big deal I suppose but in context of all of his high drama over the years, this was a bridge too far. Too many Buffalo fans hate the Bruins going decades back. Some people say he wears his heart on his sleeve. I say it's too bad he has a million dollar body but a 5 cent brain. And he's still immature.  

I'm not going to place all the blame on Jack. He's just another ill-fitting piece on a badly constructed team and last I looked, the Pegulas are still incompetent in the hockey business.

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

Agree with all but the last. Defense wins Championships! We gave up Tyler Meyers far too quick. Smooth skating puck handling big Dmen are hard to come by

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Dunleavy will be the full time replacement for RJ starting in the '22-'23 season.

This is the most disturbing thing I've read in this thread.

My list

Donnie Meatballs gets fired in Jan 2022 after the Sabres start out 5-22-6 (ish). 

Or

Tokarski is the starting goalie and wins 40+ games for the Sabres and takes them to the Cup semi-finals before losing.

15 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

This is the most disturbing thing I've read in this thread.

My list

Donnie Meatballs gets fired in Jan 2022 after the Sabres start out 5-22-6 (ish). 

Or

Tokarski is the starting goalie and wins 40+ games for the Sabres and takes them to the Cup semi-finals before losing.

Sorry.

It just seems that once the owners have a comfort level with someone, they stick with them until something causes them to go all Red Queen on their arse.  Can see Dunleavy avoiding that perceived major F-up to get punted.  At least for the next 3 or 4 years.   

Regardless of what the fanbase might think of the quality of his performance. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.