Bold takes: opinions Sabrespace won’t agree with

dudacek

42 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Borgen will develop into a respectable NHL defenseman, but it will be for the Sabres, as KA figures out a way to get Seattle not to take him.

See, to me this is what Sabrespace wants and mostly expects.

Artuu will develop into a no-BS top-6 winger, and in so doing will turn out to be a low-key very good move by JB.

This is a good one. I also tend to overlook him, despite the fact I liked his game and he’s probably in the top 9 next year.

KA is a very savvy guy who has seen a ton of the NHL from different perspectives and will turn out to be a good GM.

I think I might agree. He’s green in the role,  but he’s no dummy and he’s got a vision. This will be an interesting summer.

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Ok, Ullmark is a top 20 starter.  That's not good enough.

OK top 8-20 range, not elite, but in the 2nd tier of guys you definitely aren’t looking to replace. And signed to a 4- or 5-year deal.

Edited by dudacek

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think the Olofsson discussion could be a more interesting thread since the Eichel stuff just boils down to me thinking he doesn’t want to be here and that this team needs A LOT. It’s the reason I used to advocate for the Mariners to trade Felix Hernandez in his prime or other similar situations where a team treads water despite having what is viewed as a bonafide star at the top.

To me Olofsson is a top 6 forward preferably on the 2nd line as see him as a 25 goal scorer not a 30-40. We need more guys like him to improve as a team aka low round picks making and contributing in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

To me Olofsson is a top 6 forward preferably on the 2nd line as see him as a 25 goal scorer not a 30-40. We need more guys like him to improve as a team aka low round picks making and contributing in the NHL.

We can’t score. He scores. We should trade him.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And for a guy "that only gets PP goals," he did a nice job getting helpers at ES this past season.  

If he had zero power play points last season he’d have been tied for fourth on the team in points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And for a guy "that only gets PP goals," he did a nice job getting helpers at ES this past season.  

And Reinhart's back still hurts. 

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If he had zero power play points last season he’d have been tied for fourth on the team in points.

Tells you how bad the Sabres roster is. 

• Like (+1) 1

Casey Mittelstadt will  be a quality center for the Sabres (oh sorry that was last season).

Casey Mittelstadt is a better player then Dylan Cozens.

We will get as much in trade for Reinhart as we do for Eichel, assuming they are traded.

Borgen will never be more then a 3rd pairing D.

Frederik Anderson will be are starting goalie next year.

- The Pegula’s need to sell the Sabres

- Even if it means taking a step backwards, Risto, Jack and Sam should all go this off-season

- Dahlin will never be a Norris contender. 

- Asplund and Borgen will be solid players for the 21-22 Sabres.  

- KBC will have in person attendance of under 10k on many nights in 21-22. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

-Eichel gets traded but Sam stays and gets the C.

-Eichel goes to a western team and gets booed when he plays in Buffalo.  Proceeds to have a multi-goal game.

-Cozens gets put and stays in the top six.  Scores 15 goals on the wing.

-Mitts starts at 2C and everyone quickly regrets it.

-Sabrespace debates Cozens at 2C over Mitts by the half way mark of the season.

-Risto is traded at the deadline not before.

-Dahlin has a big rebound from last year and gets an A.

-Tage doesn’t get any better or valuable.  He goes in a Risto deal.

GM Sheevyn's order 66 coup to take over as emperor GM of the team is later looked upon as the best move we've made, and the trade of Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart, and Rasmus Ristolainen are mentioned as a beneficial turning point in the franchise history. The team sees tremendous franchise success (multiple playoff series wins and a couple deep runs) in the next 20 years. GM Sheevyn is beloved, but never hoists a Stanley Cup as a member of the Sabres organization. In 2040 we still have no Cup.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Here are five takes I have that I’m sure many of you will disagree with:

• Linus Ullmark is a legitimate top 20 NHL starter
  • Rasmus Ristolainen is a better asset than Will Borgen and the Seattle Kraken agree with me.
  • Tage Thompson will score 20 goals one year in the NHL.
  • Max Comtois would be a better return piece in an Eichel trade than Alex Tuch or Alex Turcotte.
  • Owen Power will not be the Sabres pick at 1st overall.

Things are about to get interesting. Go on record with some of yours.

• not proven yet and doesn’t stay healthy
  • Risto is better 
  • yes, Tage can do it 
  • no, I’ll take Tuch or Turcotte 
  • Depends on KA’s secret plan for Sam and Jack and what comes back. 

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Don Cherry will win an award for “most inclusive hockey personality ever”

Only if that means he buys the most people beer at the bar after a game.  

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.