Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

We know exactly how this will go.  Buffalo will pick 2nd. A group of fans will get super excited stating that Power is going 1st and the Sabres will get Beniers 2nd.  This will go on until the draft.  Power will go 1st and then the Sabres will take someone else 2nd and it will be the end of the world and the universe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well maybe it'll make most people here happier if we don't win the lottery. Then we can bitch and moan as usual but ultimately not be stuck with the issue of looking at another D man as the #1 pick. We pick 3rd  they can take Beniers and make a bunch of you happier.   McTavish might be exciting to consider. Anyway, just don't care. 1st 2nd 3rd whatever. Loser lottery again. 

7 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I like Seattle's Roster right now more than ours.  0 Roster Players, 1 Prospect:  Luke Henman! 

Hopefully he has a better NHL career than the first player in Golden Knights history, Reid Duke, to date.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Anyone else rooting for the Sabres to not win the lottery.  I have concerns about Owen Power and want that choice eliminated from the Sabres.  

I think he looks every bit the part of being #1 overall

4 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

I have zero feelings towards this draft. My desired outcome is to win the first pick and then trade down.

you are going to be very disappointed then

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

We dont have the time to wait 4-5 years for power to become "elite" 

Beniers  Isn't a point producer so I think that's not a good pick at 3rd overall or 2nd or 1st

when was the last time a draft eligible freshman put up 1 point per game, like Beniers did this year?  

I believe it was Jack Eichel.  

WIll Beniers ever be a 90point player in NHL? probably not but nothing wrong with being a Bergeron, ROR style #1 Center.

Edited by Crusader1969

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

when was the last time a draft eligible freshman put up 1 point per game?  

WIll Beniers ever be a 90point player in NHL? probably not but nothing wrong with being a Bergeron, ROR style #1 Center.

Nothing wrong? That's a lofty expectation. 

1 hour ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I like Seattle's Roster right now more than ours.  0 Roster Players, 1 Prospect:  Luke Henman! 

Sadly I agree.

I almost feel Buffalo is better off folding and coming back as an expansion team.

Zero albatross contracts. A clean slate. And new ownership. Win Win and Win.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

when was the last time a draft eligible freshman put up 1 point per game, like Beniers did this year?  

Surprisingly, I think you are right.  Luke Kunin and Tage Thompson came close, but Eichel was the last.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.