Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

8. Famous last words, but I don’t think the Sabres are in any hurry to conclude their coaching search. In addition to Don Granato (who I thought was excellent in his end-of-season media availability), my sense is their circle includes Bruce Boudreau, Greg Carvel of NCAA champion UMass, Penn State’s Guy Gadowsky, Providence’s Nate Leaman and Tocchet, among others.

From 31 Thoughts. 

CAWLIDGE HAWKEEY!!!!

Dear God just shoot me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

8. Famous last words, but I don’t think the Sabres are in any hurry to conclude their coaching search. In addition to Don Granato (who I thought was excellent in his end-of-season media availability), my sense is their circle includes Bruce Boudreau, Greg Carvel of NCAA champion UMass, Penn State’s Guy Gadowsky, Providence’s Nate Leaman and Tocchet, among others.

From 31 Thoughts. 

I would love for them to hire this no name scrub Penn State HC.  I have been looking for the final nail into the coffin of my Sabres fandom, and this would do it.  

...and no one can convince me otherwise that Pegula would be behind this guy being granted an interview for a HC position at the highest level of professional hockey.   His beloved Penn State is the ultimate place to look for a hockey hire...outside of the HatborCenter that is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

From 31 Thoughts. 

That is a long-winded way of saying, "I hear the same rumours you do, so I threw a few darts at the wall to see what I could come up with to pad this out."

On 5/31/2021 at 1:59 PM, LabattBlue said:

I would love for them to hire this no name scrub Penn State HC.  I have been looking for the final nail into the coffin of my Sabres fandom, and this would do it.  

...and no one can convince me otherwise that Pegula would be behind this guy being granted an interview for a HC position at the highest level of professional hockey.   His beloved Penn State is the ultimate place to look for a hockey hire...outside of the HatborCenter that is. 

That'd do it for me too.  

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Cross Tocchet off the list. The Sabres are the only team He did not have a second interview with. 

Tocchet, is not the answer.  I hope he takes Seattle or the Rangers.  I want BOUDREAU!

On 5/31/2021 at 1:59 PM, LabattBlue said:

Great post.  The thing is this!  If I was the sort of person to turn my back on this team and move forward, I would have done it decades ago!  Probably some time in the 1980s. LOL.  

I feel like we are stuck with the team and we can't do anything about it.

I'm not sure there is a single "final nail in the coffin" event or decision that would make me forget the Sabres exist for a few years. I kind of wish there was, to be honest.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Cross Tocchet off the list. The Sabres are the only team He did not have a second interview with. 

Wouldn’t cross him off the list - he might just not be interviewing again this week with us. Doesn’t mean he can’t next week.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:56 AM, Brawndo said:

I'd be interested in Gronberg for an outside of the box coach.  He's actually coaching ulike Kruger was!

Edited by TheCerebral1

So far? Sticking with Granato. All these others don't see them as better unless maybe BB just because of more NHL experience. Still Granato has experience and I liked the response the team had to his coaching.

34 minutes ago, Radar said:

So far? Sticking with Granato. All these others don't see them as better unless maybe BB just because of more NHL experience. Still Granato has experience and I liked the response the team had to his coaching.

I think @MODO Hockey is onto something with Gronberg.  But after Kreuger, I don't know if the fanbase would stand for it.

• Like (+1) 1

Gronborg.jpg

If anyone can do it it will be Rikard. He has the tools to coach on NHL level, he has been living in the us for 20 years and has the experiance required to succeed with elite players.

But most likely this wont happen, this org is to keen to hire trash, aslong as they are mediatrained.

Edit: I also believe that Rikard is the one that can make Jack take the leap to become the captain he should've been already.

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Gronborg.jpg

If anyone can do it it will be Rikard. He has the tools to coach on NHL level, he has been living in the us for 20 years and has the experiance required to succeed with elite players.

But most likely this wont happen, this org is to keen to hire trash, aslong as they are mediatrained.

Edit: I also believe that Rikard is the one that can make Jack take the leap to become the captain he should've been already.

I want this for you.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Gronborg.jpg

He certainly looks the part. All he needs now is an eyepatch.

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.