Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Pimlach said:

What we get for Eichel better not be irrelevant.   That is the talk of being willing to settle for less.  

The injury is clouding the fact that he is/was elite and in his prime.  We have to stay the course and get something that makes us better now, but mostly better down the road.  The days of being a doormat are ending and this trade is very important.  

I put almost nothing into all these rumors by writers and insiders.  Why would any GM take Eichel now with the season started.  Even if the team agreed to the ADR and Eichel is ready to go in February, they have to meet our demands and fit him into their cap.  

I hate to say it but I still see no 21-22 hockey season for Jack.  If he files a grievance then that could change things.  

On 9/22/2021 at 9:21 AM, Thorny said:

Been saying it forever - the fans have mentally written off Jack. That was part of KA's strategy. The fans have basically accepted the fact that Jack and the talent he represented is no longer a part of this organization. That's already been processed and accepted. So rather than him being viewed as what he still is, by far our greatest asset - and one we absolutely need to make GOOD on, he's already out the door, his dissatisfaction is a badge of honor for KA, and, as many have typed, the return on Jack is "just gravy"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalonill said:

I was hoping maybe he changed his mind seeing how good the team is right now

He'd probably need to see a larger sample size before becoming "convinced": Jack has been on teams here who have gone on runs that have exceeded this one in duration 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

What we get for Eichel better not be irrelevant.   That is the talk of being willing to settle for less.  

The injury is clouding the fact that he is/was elite and in his prime.  We have to stay the course and get something that makes us better now, but mostly better down the road.  The days of being a doormat are ending and this trade is very important.  

I put almost nothing into all these rumors by writers and insiders.  Why would any GM take Eichel now with the season started.  Even if the team agreed to the ADR and Eichel is ready to go in February, they have to meet our demands and fit him into their cap.  

I hate to say it but I still see no 21-22 hockey season for Jack.  If he files a grievance then that could change things.  

Teams have to have the cap space to take on Jack’s remaining salary this year at the time of the trade call, then he can immediately be moved to LTIR. 

A Grievance Win that allows Him to have surgery ASAP would ultimately be beneficial to both sides 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Giving the team another try.

Just imagine if he becomes healthy and we get into the playoffs 

Wouldn’t Eichel also need to change his mind about what type of surgery he wants?  I doubt a few wins would change his opinion on that.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Giving the team another try.

Just imagine if he becomes healthy and we get into the playoffs 

We want him gone. Doesn't matter what he wants. He is detrimental to the team, as a Captain he has proven to be a poor leader, self-centered, and our hope for a turnaround and long-term success is removing him from our organization. His elite talent does not justify keeping him.  His negative leadership drives us further down the hole. 

5 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

We want him gone. Doesn't matter what he wants. He is detrimental to the team, as a Captain he has proven to be a poor leader, self-centered, and our hope for a turnaround and long-term success is removing him from our organization. His elite talent does not justify keeping him.  His negative leadership drives us further down the hole. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

This just what Thorny posted about. Over time, people have convinced themselves to something that they have no knowledge of, but it's convenient and easy to mentally rid themselves of Eichel.  We heard the same about ROR to justify trading him and watching him with the Cup and Conn Smythe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

“Talks have cooled” is from Friedman this morning at the beginning of the 32 Thoughts podcast.

The most interesting thing is that Marek admitted that he just threw Hague’s name out there because he likes him as a prospect, not that he had any info that he was in the deal.

So there is no evidence that Hague has ever been in a Vegas deal at all.

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

“Talks have cooled” is from Friedman this morning at the beginning of the 32 Thoughts podcast.

The most interesting thing is that Marek admitted that he just threw Hague’s name out there because he likes him as a prospect, not that he had any info that he was in the deal.

So there is no evidence that Hague has ever been in a Vegas deal at all.

Friedman is the jackass who has done the most to drive the narrative on this idiocy, and I wouldn't be surprised that 90% of what he writes is total BS.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m of the belief that Terry rubber stamped John’s ticket out of Buffalo.  With that being said, I wonder when he says to KA, “enough is enough, get it done”.

Never?

1 hour ago, jad1 said:

Friedman is the jackass who has done the most to drive the narrative on this idiocy, and I wouldn't be surprised that 90% of what he writes is total BS.  

He's just reporting what Brisson tells him.

• Like (+1) 2