Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman mentioned on 32 Thoughts that He received a phone call Yesterday and was told the talks between Buffalo and Vegas have cooled

LMAO

Long live, this thread!

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

FWIW, here is the SB Nation Vegas site's ranking of their top 25 players under age 25:

No. 10: Dylan Coghlan
No. 9: Kaedan Korczak
No. 8: Jack Dugan
No. 7: Lucas Elvenes
No. 6: Nicolas Roy
No. 5: Nicolas Hague
No. 4: Peyton Krebs
No. 3: Zach Whitecloud
No. 2: Cody Glass

No. 1: Alex Tuch

That’s old. Cody Glass hasn’t been part of the organization for months.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know what's funny? Before the season nobody was supposed to be worse than us. 

Will the excellent goaltending continue?   That is the key to staying competitive.  

I can see the team getting better as this season goes on, but probably not at the rate that the more talented and deeper teams do.  

I think we can be competitive and fun to watch and still fall into the bottom 5.   Help from an Eichel trade could make a difference. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m starting to get the impression the smoke was about getting someone (not Vegas) to up their offer and that didn’t happen.

That dastardly Brisson trying to raise his clients’ value! Shameful! 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

What happened to Kaplan and her 5 or 6 teams that are “heavily involved” a couple of weeks ago?  All of them are just making general statements, and hoping they time it just right. 

Probably a lot of posturing from both sides that goes on pretty much w/every deal, that we generally don’t notice to this extent because we don’t have 300 page threads on those deals 

• Like (+1) 2

So, some how, some way, you quickly find a new someone, and they're awesome, incredible and perhaps what you've been looking for for years, and they make you happier than you've been in years, and you're still on Facebook seeing what your nasty ex is up to?

I don't get it.

(No, I honestly don't care what, if anything, the Sabres get for John-John.)

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Will the excellent goaltending continue?   That is the key to staying competitive.  

I can see the team getting better as this season goes on, but probably not at the rate that the more talented and deeper teams do.  

I think we can be competitive and fun to watch and still fall into the bottom 5.   Help from an Eichel trade could make a difference. 

I posted elsewhere, the defense is a big reason why the goaltending is better. Mind you, both keepers are making crucial saves. But they don't have to stand on their heads for 60+ minutes a game like before.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So, some how, some way, you quickly find a new someone, and they're awesome, incredible and perhaps what you've been looking for for years, and they make you happier than you've been in years, and you're still on Facebook seeing what your nasty ex is up to?

I don't get it.

If you are making an analogy to the Sabres and how they are playing with Eichel, it doesn't work.

What your 'nasty ex is up to' is going to have a direct impact on just how awesome that new person is.  What you get for Eichel might be the biggest single factor that determines how good the Sabres get and how fast they get there.

And for many of us fans, we enjoy the 'team building' aspect of following a sport just as much as we do watching the games.  Thinking of the future, debating possible moves....all of that is just as big for some of us as what happens on the ice with the current product.

Just because you 'don't get it' doesn't mean that a lot of us "do get it" and this is a big part of the way we enjoy following the team.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I don't get it.

Pat Lafontaine for Andrew Peters. Dominik Hasek for Slava Kozlov.

I like the cut of your jib, son.

Just now, mjd1001 said:

If you are making an analogy to the Sabres and how they are playing with Eichel, it doesn't work.

What your 'nasty ex is up to' is going to have a direct impact on just how awesome that new person is.  What you get for Eichel might be the biggest single factor that determines how good the Sabres get and how fast they get there.

Or it might be irrelevant like in the Hasek and Lafontaine trades.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It also might not be. That is why we talk about it and follow this thread.

So to answer the original post on this....why someone doesn't 'get it', the fact that it might not be....that is why.

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It also might not be. That is why we talk about it and follow this thread.

So to answer the original post on this....why someone doesn't 'get it', the fact that it might not be....that is why.

For me and many others on here it’s because playing armchair GM is a favourite hobby.

But that doesn’t change the fact that just as many don’t really care how the sausage is made, they just want a meal they can enjoy.

Ive always appreciated @PASabreFan’s romantic radio-under-the-pillow, hockey cards arranged in line-combos view of the Sabres as the purest essence of what fandom should be.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

For me and many others on here it’s because playing armchair GM is a favourite hobby.

But that doesn’t change the fact that just as many don’t really care how the sausage is made, they just want a meal they can enjoy.

Ive always appreciated @PASabreFan’s romantic radio-under-the-pillow, hockey cards arranged in line-combos view of the Sabres as the purest essence of what fandom should be.

Maybe, I can't prove it either way, but I would disagree. My opinion is that while the results on the ice are the most important, MOST fans do care (at least somewhat) 'how the sausage is made', as you say.  If that wasn't the case, this thread wouldn't be as long as it is....and the only thread that would matter on this forum would be the gameday thread.

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What we get for Eichel better not be irrelevant.   That is the talk of being willing to settle for less.  

The injury is clouding the fact that he is/was elite and in his prime.  We have to stay the course and get something that makes us better now, but mostly better down the road.  The days of being a doormat are ending and this trade is very important.  

I put almost nothing into all these rumors by writers and insiders.  Why would any GM take Eichel now with the season started.  Even if the team agreed to the ADR and Eichel is ready to go in February, they have to meet our demands and fit him into their cap.  

I hate to say it but I still see no 21-22 hockey season for Jack.  If he files a grievance then that could change things.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

What we get for Eichel better not be irrelevant.   That is the talk of being willing to settle for less.  

The injury is clouding the fact that he is/was elite and in his prime.  We have to stay the course and get something that makes us better now, but mostly better down the road.  The days of being a doormat are ending and this trade is very important.  

I put almost nothing into all these rumors by writers and insiders.  Why would any GM take Eichel now with the season started.  Even if the team agreed to the ADR and Eichel is ready to go in February, they have to meet our demands and fit him into their cap.  

I hate to say it but I still see no 21-22 hockey season for Jack.  If he files a grievance then that could change things.  

Good take ^

20 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe, I can't prove it either way, but I would disagree. My opinion is that while the results on the ice are the most important, MOST fans do care (at least somewhat) 'how the sausage is made', as you say.  If that wasn't the case, this thread wouldn't be as long as it is....and the only thread that would matter on this forum would be the gameday thread.

I’d suggest most fans aren’t on Sabrespace, just the hardcore ones.

But I’m belabouring this. I don’t really disagree with most of what you’re saying.