Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think Jack Eichel’s health status is one of the most overplayed factors in this whole scenario.

If NHL teams didn’t think it was likely Jack was going to get healthy, they wouldn’t be having serious talks about him, period.

Jack’s health status IS the issue, it is why we’re are in this discussion, and it drives everything when you try determine what is a fair trade.  We can dream of getting a windfall of players, picks, and prospects but all the other GMs have already expressed concern about the risk.  This is a $10M per year player.  

If you want that windfall then the trade happens after Jack plays and shows he is recovered.  Until then the other GMs are looking for a discount and playing the health risk card.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't think the injury matters all that much tbh.

If you don’t believe Jack will fully recover, you aren’t bidding on him. 
If you do, you’re in for a penny, in for a pound.

For the teams that are in, it’s a lever to try and lower the price, that’s it.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If you don’t believe Jack will fully recover, you aren’t bidding on him. 
If you do, you’re in for a penny, in for a pound.

For the teams that are in, it’s a lever to try and lower the price, that’s it.

That is our view, most teams know he 'll recover, right now its a bidding war for a few more days.  Adams trying to get as much out of it as he can in my view.
The 6 pieces mentioned he won't get , but he should get 4 at least.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't think the injury matters all that much tbh.

The injury matters to the opposing GMs.  It is a key for them to give up as little as possible.  They are all going to do it.  KA has to hang tough and not make a stupid trade. 

There is no problem with keeping Jack.   If he returns to his past levels of performance then a trade can be revisited.  We cannot give away our best player because of a self imposed timeline.  See ROR trade.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Pimlach said:

The injury matters to the opposing GMs.  It is a key for them to give up as little as possible.  They are all going to do it.  KA has to hang tough and not make a stupid trade. 

There is no problem with keeping Jack.   If he returns to his past levels of performance then a trade can be revisited.  We cannot give away our best player because of a self imposed timeline.  See ROR trade.  

This is the crux of it.

I believe Jack is not part of Adams plans for the fall; he wants a room similar to what Donnie finished the season with, with lots of space for kids to bond and grow. His goal is almost certainly to trade Jack prior to the draft, or at least the opening days of free agency. After that, the market will shrink.

The question is, can he leverage a good deal by the deadline, and if he can’t will he pull the trigger anyways?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is the crux of it.

I believe Jack is not part of Adams plans for the fall; he wants a room similar to what Donnie finished the season with, with lots of space for kids to bond and grow. His goal is almost certainly to trade Jack prior to the draft, or at least the opening days of free agency. After that, the market will shrink.

The question is, can he leverage a good deal by the deadline, and if he can’t will he pull the trigger anyways?

Yes.  I would even say if he can’t get a good deal should he pull the trigger anyways?  

My vote is no.  Set a minimum required and stick to it, especially if you think he will be healthy again.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Brawndo said:

Friedman on the 31 Thoughts Podcast Today mentioned he is hearing that the Eichel Trade won’t happen until after the expansion draft and that Vegas is stiffing around. 

So he's still convinced it will happen then? 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Krill has put Guerin into a bit of a spot and Karmanos/Ventura would know His Strengths or more importantly His Weaknesses in a negotiation. 

Every time I see Brawndo posts in this thread my heart skips a beat.  

Cup has now been awarded.  If a deal 95% close to complete, and they were pretty much waiting so as not to steal attention from the finals, how long until it gets completed?  This weekend?

6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Cup has now been awarded.  If a deal 95% close to complete, and they were pretty much waiting so as not to steal attention from the finals, how long until it gets completed?  This weekend?

Your windows are the 15th/16th (just before the expansion draft roster freeze) or the 22nd/23rd before the NHL draft starts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Friedman mentioned after the expansion draft. 

The funny part is, I will be in the 1000 Islands from July 19th through July 29th. 

I will have a beer in one hand and a fishing pole in the other, so @LGR4GMand @WildCardare going to have to break everything during that timeframe 

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So he's still convinced it will happen then? 

They are too far down the road for it not to happen 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The funny part is, I will be in the 1000 Islands from July 19th through July 29th. 

I will have a beer in one hand and a fishing pole in the other, so @LGR4GMand @WildCardare going to have to break everything during that timeframe 

Now that is a beautiful spot, and is, in fact, where the salad dressing originated.

If you can make it to the Canadian side, there is a great duty free store there to load up on booze and cigars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I heard a rumor from a friend in the Flyers organization today. He's hearing big noises about Eichel to Flyers for Konecny, Morgan Frost, a first and possibly another pick.

And Couturier, right?

52 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is why I don't fish. Why would I want the opportunity for a fish to ruin my time drinking beer and hanging out by the water. 🙂

Enjoy your time off.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman on the 31 Thoughts Podcast Today mentioned he is hearing that the Eichel Trade won’t happen until after the expansion draft and that Vegas is stiffing around. 

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

• Haha (+1) 3