Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Apparently Mathew Tkachuk may want out of Calgary...now he is one guy I`d love in a Sabre uniform. Talk is however that he wishes to go to St Louis of all teams and word is Tarasenko being part of any trade. Sure wish we could land him

That would be a move you make if jack eichel stayed it be pretty pointless now . 

27 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Apparently Mathew Tkachuk may want out of Calgary...now he is one guy I`d love in a Sabre uniform. Talk is however that he wishes to go to St Louis of all teams and word is Tarasenko being part of any trade. Sure wish we could land him

And Tkachuk has the same all about me attitude as Jack. That is what they are looking to get rid of.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

And Tkachuk has the same all about me attitude as Jack. That is what they are looking to get rid of.

After floating around some Calgary boards, I will join this consensus.  A swap of top forwards with them makes more sense from both teams' POV.

On 6/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, dudacek said:

Nobody. 5OA would have to be the centrepiece.

What Columbus does have are character players who grind and believe in team. They also have a goalie and they are shopping Jones.

If the Ducks are 3OA, Comtois, Gibson and Perreault, Cbus could be something like 5OA, Jenner, Jones and Foudy.

The Ducks mix is better at every slot, IMO. The Jackets also have Merzliklins/Korpisalo and two extra late 1sts to mix in.

Hughes does not have the reputation of being a team-first player.

The fact Columbus is still a factor this far in, then, implies Zegras very likely isn't on the table, too

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't love it and Gibson for 6 years concerns me greatly. 

I find it to be a very underwhelming deal. I've already stated with this many team after him, and my expectation he returns to form, I don't expect a big injury discount on this thing. If someone would have told me, 21 Jack Eichel games ago that we'd be getting a high first, Gibson, a prospect, and Comtois for Eichel I'd have laughed at them. 

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

His statistical decline mirrored the team’s.

Its not something you can dismiss, but it’s also not a huge red flag. 

There is nothing unusual about a goalie hitting a mid-career flat spot and bouncing back. Fleury, Price, Lehner, and Varlamov all did it.

Did Eichel's? Eichel's stats and curve went up.

It definitely is a huge red flag 

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The fact Columbus is still a factor this far in, then, implies Zegras very likely isn't on the table, too

To me, Zegras has to be the return. If not, I doubt I'm happy with any likely trade scneario.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I find it to be a very underwhelming deal. I've already stated with this many team after him, and my expectation he returns to form, I don't expect a big injury discount on this thing. If someone would have told me, 21 Jack Eichel games ago that we'd be getting a high first, Gibson, a prospect, and Comtois for Eichel I'd have laughed at them. 

The statistician in me is melting down at that eichel/Gibson mapping 

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Columbus isn't a factor because the majority of their assets for futures aren't very equitable.  So to me, it's just a load of rubbish.  Also, why does Gibson make any sense for an Anaheim team looking to go all in to pursue Eichel.  It makes absolutely ZERO sense for Anaheim.  Shrugs.  One team will overpay when weighing against their competitors, it only takes one.  Columbus is THE WORST trade partner.  PERIOD. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

You’re talking 2-goal Jack Eichel?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

You’re talking 2-goal Jack Eichel?

24 goal jack eichel

24 goal jack eichel

25 goal jack eichel

28 goal jack eichel

36 goal jack eichel

2 goal jack eichel

- - - 

what's the going rate for a 20 goal scorer? maybe comtois is about right, after all

/s

Just now, Thorny said:

Should be noted that Jack Eichel had more assists than Sam Reinhart this year. Jack played 21 games this season.

Hurt. 

I'd be curious on the breakdown from when Sam started playing center. Obviously not asking you to do all that leg work lol but it's what comes to mind

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I'd be curious on the breakdown from when Sam started playing center. Obviously not asking you to do all that leg work lol but it's what comes to mind

Sam has never been a big assist guy, his offensive awareness and ability to find teammates on the attack is lacking.

This season he had a grand total of 3a over his last 17 games played.

• Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not convinced GMKA will trade Reinhart before offering him an extension. I think they want him to be the veteran centerpiece of the new young Sabres.

nah

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not convinced GMKA will trade Reinhart before offering him an extension. I think they want him to be the veteran centerpiece of the new young Sabres.

Oh I expect they'll make him a multi-year offer.  I also expect him to turn it down.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Oh I expect they'll make him a multi-year offer.  I also expect him to turn it down.

Unfortunately this is very possible. I hope he would accept a good offer but I'm doubtful.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Per Frank Servalli That’s Adams Goal. 

My hunch is Doohickie is right.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Frank Servalli That’s Adams Goal. 

Is there any reporting that an offer hasn't already been made?  And if made, now allowing Reinhart’s agent to discuss terms of an extension with the teams with serious interest.  If the concept of the Sabres looking for additional picks (high) in the upcoming draft is accurate, wouldn’t they be moving much faster on this negotiation than his last two contracts that Reinhart signed weeks/months after the draft? 

Edited by Broken Ankles

The asking price on the NHL trade market for Buffalo Sabres captain Jack Eichel has gotten extremely high 

‘Off The Record,’ a rival NHL executive got specific and vented about Buffalo’s Eichel trade ask. The source described it as ‘just crazy!’"

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2021/06/21/otr-sabres-asking-for-six-components-in-nhl-trade-for-eichel/?fbclid=IwAR3nNzAlbUYPxRxWqQKlRcMXMCUb-iE6X_LVLKQPT0XgvPYG0u0ZWQf51s0
SpecificSelfassuredHermitcrab-max-1mb.gi

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

The asking price on the NHL trade market for Buffalo Sabres captain Jack Eichel has gotten extremely high 

‘Off The Record,’ a rival NHL executive got specific and vented about Buffalo’s Eichel trade ask. The source described it as ‘just crazy!’"

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2021/06/21/otr-sabres-asking-for-six-components-in-nhl-trade-for-eichel/?fbclid=IwAR3nNzAlbUYPxRxWqQKlRcMXMCUb-iE6X_LVLKQPT0XgvPYG0u0ZWQf51s0

Good and it should be.   He's better than any center rostered on:  Anaheim, Columbus, Minnesota, Dallas, Montreal, Vegas, Calgary.  You can suggest that he's possibly better than Zibanejad (NYR) and Kopitar (LAK) due to his age.  So it's easy to see, regardless of his injuries, he's a trade a way from being a top 5 NHL center.  He's also signed, unlike Reinhart, and cannot protest where he goes.  

Edited by TheCerebral1
  • Like (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

We were discussing story this in here yesterday (page 72-74).

Its an interesting report.

However, it does run a little counter to a previous report that Adams was looking to get 4 pieces of 1st round pick type value.

Edited by Curt