Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

We were discussing story this in here yesterday (page 72-74).

Its an interesting report.

However, it does run a little counter to a previous report that Adams was looking to get 4 pieces of 1st round pick type value.

The 2 regular prospects in that rumor likely wouldn't have first round value. Just guys to give depth to prospect pool

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The 2 regular prospects in that rumor likely wouldn't have first round value. Just guys to give depth to prospect pool

What prospects in the rumor.  There were no prospects rumored in the piece by that FloridaHockeyNow guy.

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

What prospects in the rumor.  There were no prospects rumored in the piece by that FloridaHockeyNow guy.

I'm talking bout the 1 forward under 24, 1 D under 24, blue chipprospect, first rounder, and 2 prospects. Is there another rumor? I had only heard this and 4 firsts

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm talking bout the 1 forward under 24, 1 D under 24, blue chipprospect, first rounder, and 2 prospects. Is there another rumor? I had only heard this and 4 firsts

No, you have it right.  I just misunderstood you.  

1 hour ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Anyone who says Columbus is an attractive trade partner, is an imbecile.   

Maybe for Eichel, but what about Merzlikins and their 1st for Reinhart? Or something similar. 

More rumours around about Chicago. I have to admit the idea of Dach coming here in some package gets me a little excited. The current rumours also have the Eichel price way too high (saying as many as 6 picks and players as a return) for most and I assume KA is just negotiating and the expansion draft deadline plays into things. 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe for Eichel, but what about Merzlikins and their 1st for Reinhart? Or something similar. 

More rumours around about Chicago. I have to admit the idea of Dach coming here in some package gets me a little excited. The current rumours also have the Eichel price way too high (saying as many as 6 picks and players as a return) for most and I assume KA is just negotiating and the expansion draft deadline plays into things. 

I don't understand acquiring a mid to late 20's goalie.  First, this team is not going to be good enough.  I'm not trading Reinhart for a goalie as an asset.  The first is fine.  I'd rather sign a stop gap and work on integrating UPL into the long term plans.  If we trade Reinhart, Eichel and Ristolainen, we're going to be WORSE, not better. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

4 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I don't understand acquiring a mid to late 20's goalie.  First, this team is not going to be good enough.  I'm not trading Reinhart for a goalie as an asset.  The first is fine.  I'd rather sign a stop gap and work on integrating UPL into the long term plans.  If we trade Reinhart, Eichel and Ristolainen, we're going to be WORSE, not better. 

I bet we move all 3 and have a better season next year. Not because they suck or anything. 

And there are zero valid stages of nhl team-building in which a mid to late 20s goalie doesn't make sense. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I bet we move all 3 and have a better season next year. Not because they suck or anything. 

And there are zero valid stages of nhl team-building in which a mid to late 20s goalie doesn't make sense. 

This is possible.  I suppose.  Remove the negative players who are upset at being stuck in a vacuum of losing for too long and allow your team to just move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Basically you want to sign a mediocre goalie over a good goalie.  A good 25 year old goalie won't work for you? I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

This is possible.  I suppose.  Remove the negative players who are upset at being stuck in a vacuum of losing for too long and allow your team to just move on. 

I just think loads of factors that helped drag last season and have nothing to do with 9/23/55 will be gone or improved on too. I definitely don't think they held us back 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I just think loads of factors that helped drag last season and have nothing to do with 9/23/55 will be gone or improved on too. I definitely don't think they held us back 

Krueger, Covid stoppage, longer layoff to start, division..

If we actually have goaltending...

• Like (+1) 1

Is anyone else concerned that in the Eichel trade packages, we do not see veteran players in the rumoured wish lists?  Or are they presumed to be the "cap dumps" everyone talks about?  I personally would like some useful veteran players coming back for our Trade Fodder Trio.

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Is anyone else concerned that in the Eichel trade packages, we do not see veteran players in the rumoured wish lists?  Or are they presumed to be the "cap dumps" everyone talks about?  I personally would like some useful veteran players coming back for our Trade Fodder Trio.

I would target value over age in those deals. There are a billion solid vet ufas this year it seems like. I definitely want some, but won't be worried unless like 2 pieces of these combined deals are nhl ready 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Perhaps the Sabres do not want average vets that need protection in the expansion draft. If you get 3 or4 guys for Jack then the protection list changes a lot. Do you risk losing an average piece just acquired or  a potential middle 6 guy like Asplund?

If they do multiple deals (Jack, Sam and Risto) they may get 6-9 players back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Even if you think last season was just anything that can go wrong did I don't understand how anyone could look at next season's roster minus Jack and Sam and not see it has a good shot at being the worst team of post-lockout era.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, sabremike said:

Even if you think last season was just anything that can go wrong did I don't understand how anyone could look at next season's roster minus Jack and Sam and not see it has a good shot at being the worst team of post-lockout era.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility, save the tank years

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Sure, but there are going to be loads of additions from one avenue or another. We won't know until the offseason is complete

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is a great point.  I feel like odds are that the team has a better record next season, just because it’s hard to be so bad twice in a row.

That will also give people an easy out to say “Look, Eichel WAS a problem!”

Can’t wait for that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Can’t say how bad the roster looks until we actually see the roster.

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Exactly what I don't want. No ROR V2. Fresh and young and let them grow as a group. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Quick question, if we could trade Reinhart for 9OA with Vancouver, I wonder if we could finagle that 9OA to get Cirelli from Tampa.

As much as I like Cirelli as a player I'm not sure bringing in a guy sitting on top of the world (likely 2 cup winner) and sending him to the bottom of the league is going to land well on him and motivate him to give his all. Maybe, I suppose it depends on his personality, but I think it's risky.  Dealing for young guys from lower teams like LA and Anaheim might be the smarter play. 

• Like (+1) 2