Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

I'd do quite a bit to make sure Zegras is the main piece coming back. 

I wonder if the fact that Risto seems like a guy Bob Murray would like can help us in that scenario.

Zegras, 3OA, Perrault, Henrique for Eichel, Risto? 

I'm open to using Olofsson to help our return get better too. 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

As opposed to other drafts where there is a major drop off after the top 3 it isn’t as pronounced in this draft.  I’m not saying same tier, just that the drop isn’t as big as other years.

I'd say you're dropping 2 tiers from 3oa to 11oa. I think there's a top 4, middle 5, and lower 5. 

After about 14 it's gonna get really dicey. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd say you're dropping 2 tiers from 3oa to 11oa. I think there's a top 4, middle 5, and lower 5. 

For me you can acquire a young center, and assets and you move him out West. 

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Need a little help with 3OA.

In what way?

If we have 1&3

You either go Power and the remaining between Beniers/Eklund

OR

Beniers and the remainder of Power/Hughes

Hell you could take Beniers and Eklund 

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

In what way?

If we have 1&3

OR

I don'f know what it stands for.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, Flashsabre said:

Their main pieces are Dach, 11th, Boqvist, JJ’s buddy Reichel

They have always been a team I would hope come after Jack.  Dach and Cozens had great chemistry at the WJCs prelims before Dach got injured. Dahlin-Boqvist would be a nice Swedish Connection.

The Sabres trading Eichel for a player named Reichel is troublesome to me 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

In what way?

If we have 1&3

OR

I wonder if they got 3 OA if they would change their strategy. We don’t know who they like but let’s say they like Power and Beniers.

They think Seattle loves Beniers but aren’t as high on Power.  They draft Beniers 1st so Seattle don’t take him and role the dice that Seattle don’t take Power and they get him at #3.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

I’ll be the first to burn a China Eichel jersey on the front step of the Arena. Then he can burn his nads for a few more yrs not playing hockey. 

China Eichel?  You lost me.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:57 PM, LGR4GM said:

But don’t worry, the Sabres know more about this draft class with less scouting and staff than they’ve had since the Pegulas bought the team.  No worries at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, inkman said:

But don’t worry, the Sabres know more about this draft class with less scouting and staff than they’ve had since the Pegulas bought the team.  No worries at all. 

This draft class I am extremely worried about. Not because it won't be good, I think the first round has talent and will produce really good nhl players. My issue is the ranking of those players and who is actually going to be good. At 1oa do you take the player you can project the best or do you take a project that might be better but needs major development? I feel less sure about how I am putting my draft together as well as the other reports I have read, then I have in other years. 

On 6/20/2021 at 2:04 PM, LGR4GM said:

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

As you indicated the middle first round pick that Chicago can offer doesn't come close to having the same appeal of a top 5 pick. But the opportunity to add Kirby Dach to the roster is really appealing. If you add a player such as Zadorov or Boqvist or DeBrincat into mix then I wouldn't be so concerned about the player available at the 11th spot. 

There were speculated trade proposals targeting Anaheim that included Zegras, maybe Comtois and the 3OA pick. Would that offering be better than a possible Chicago deal. I'd take either one with no hesitation. 

As I stated before unless there is a return of a player such as Zegras or Dach in a trade deal for Jack I'm not making a deal. Whether Jack is happy or not shouldn't be a a major concern when it comes to making the best deal possible for the Sabres.   

https://twitter.com/CBJcoverage/status/1407105331101118478?s=20

Friedman: Sabres are asking “a ton” for Eichel and are “deep in discussions with several teams.” “I’d be lying if I said I knew [a trade] was close, but I’ll tell you this. I believe those conversations with teams, Anaheim and Columbus among them, are pretty in depth.” #CBJ

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

As you indicated the middle first round pick that Chicago can offer doesn't come close to having the same appeal of a top 5 pick. But the opportunity to add Kirby Dach to the roster is really appealing. If you add a player such as Zadorov or Boqvist or DeBrincat into mix then I wouldn't be so concerned about the player available at the 11th spot. 

There were speculated trade proposals targeting Anaheim that included Zegras, maybe Comtois and the 3OA pick. Would that offering be better than a possible Chicago deal. I'd take either one with no hesitation. 

As I stated before unless there is a return of a player such as Zegras or Dach in a trade deal for Jack I'm not making a deal. Whether Jack is happy or not shouldn't be a a major concern when it comes to making the best deal possible for the Sabres.   

I think Dach is more likely than Zegras to be offered because of the draft pick position 3 vs 11.

I actually think Adams would prefer Dach based on his comments about hard skill hockey. But I also think he really is interested in Beniers because of those comments and would prefer 3 OA pick.  I really loved Cozens and Dach’s chemistry at the WJCs prelims before Dach got injured.

Maybe Adams accepts the Dach deal (if on the table) and just drafts Beniers 1 OA. That would push his hard skill, fast, team oriented vision for the team.

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This draft class I am extremely worried about. Not because it won't be good, I think the first round has talent and will produce really good nhl players. My issue is the ranking of those players and who is actually going to be good. At 1oa do you take the player you can project the best or do you take a project that might be better but needs major development? I feel less sure about how I am putting my draft together as well as the other reports I have read, then I have in other years. 

GMKA stated they are more interested in selecting a player that’s going to develop into the best player.  Is that Hughs?  IDK.  I’m prepared for it to be a terrible pick that everyone hates. 

• Like (+1) 2