Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Dach is more likely than Zegras to be offered because of the draft pick position 3 vs 11.

I actually think Adams would prefer Dach based on his comments about hard skill hockey. But I also think he really is interested in Beniers because of those comments and would prefer 3 OA pick.  I really loved Cozens and Dach’s chemistry at the WJCs prelims before Dach got injured.

Maybe Adams accepts the Dach deal (if on the table) and just drafts Beniers 1 OA. That would push his hard skill, fast, team oriented vision for the team.

This is a simple issue for me. If Zegras was not included in a deal and Dach was I'm taking the Chicago deal. I'm not being critical of any high end draft prospect but if I can get a young #1C caliber player who can immediately be inserted into the lineup that is the direction I'm going. The thought of having Cozens and Dach on the roster would be exciting not only for the now but also for the future. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What does CBJ even have that can rival Zegras in terms of a prospect?

They don’t.  But if Anaheim isn’t offering up Zegras anyway, then perhaps Columbus could offer a package on par with Anaheim.

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What does CBJ even have that can rival Zegras in terms of a prospect?

Nobody. 5OA would have to be the centrepiece.

What Columbus does have are character players who grind and believe in team. They also have a goalie and they are shopping Jones.

If the Ducks are 3OA, Comtois, Gibson and Perreault, Cbus could be something like 5OA, Jenner, Jones and Foudy.

The Ducks mix is better at every slot, IMO. The Jackets also have Merzliklins/Korpisalo and two extra late 1sts to mix in.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

GMKA stated they are more interested in selecting a player that’s going to develop into the best player.  Is that Hughs?  IDK.  I’m prepared for it to be a terrible pick that everyone hates. 

Hughes does not have the reputation of being a team-first player.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Dach is more likely than Zegras to be offered because of the draft pick position 3 vs 11.

I actually think Adams would prefer Dach based on his comments about hard skill hockey. But I also think he really is interested in Beniers because of those comments and would prefer 3 OA pick.  I really loved Cozens and Dach’s chemistry at the WJCs prelims before Dach got injured.

Maybe Adams accepts the Dach deal (if on the table) and just drafts Beniers 1 OA. That would push his hard skill, fast, team oriented vision for the team.

Let's not outsmart ourselves. Stick to the board and Draft power. If you add Dach to the mix that includes Cozens and Mitts you have a good middle. Beniers would certainly be a worthy pick. I just think that Power would be a player in the long run would be our best option.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let's not outsmart ourselves. Stick to the board and Draft power. If you add Dach to the mix that includes Cozens and Mitts you have a good middle. Beniers would certainly be a worthy pick. I just think that Power would be a player in the long run would be our best option.  

What board? Who's board? 

I don't see how drafting Power is outsmarting yourself considering there are 4 guys vying for #1 overall. 

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Nobody. 5OA would have to be the centrepiece.

What Columbus does have are character players who grind and believe in team. They also have a goalie and they are shopping Jones.

If the Ducks are 3OA, Comtois, Gibson and Perreault, Cbus could be something like 5OA, Jenner, Jones and Foudy.

The Ducks mix is better at every slot, IMO. The Jackets also have Merzliklins/Korpisalo and two extra late 1sts to mix in.

Hughes does not have the reputation of being a team-first player.

There have been some rumblings of that all year. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What board? Who's board? 

I don't see how drafting Power is outsmarting yourself considering there are 4 guys vying for #1 overall. 

There have been some rumblings of that all year. 

Obviously their board. 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

People are going to be disappointed in comtois he's not that good 

I worry about his sh%. His career average right now is 17 and that is probably a little high. Also we need Perrault in addition to 3oa in this Eichel trade because you have to hedge your bets. 

51 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It think you put Dach and Cozens together again as a power skill top line. Hope you get your Getzlaf-Perry combo for a decade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Do you remember when Girgensons was good when we sucked? He's that player 

This adds zero value to the conversation.

Any details on Comtois and his game, production, stats, etc as to why he might not be as good as some think?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Elvis Merzlikins, Oliver Bjorkstrand (5.4M AAV for 5 more years, very manageable deal), #5O pick in 2021 from Columbus as the base for a trade for Jack Eichel? (Could obviously add more if need be) but maybe a starting point that can work?

No thanks, no interest in keeping him in the East for lukewarm returns

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

What board? Who's board? 

Liger took the words out of my mouth.

Stick to whose board?  Maybe the Sabres have had Beniers at #1 on their board for 6 months.

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Any details on Comtois and his game, production, stats, etc as to why he might not be as good as some think?

Its the same thing he was only good but he was on a bad team just like ennis was the best player the tank year. 

Edited by Buffalonill

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Liger took the words out of my mouth.

Stick to whose board?  Maybe the Sabres have had Beniers at #1 on their board for 6 months.

Chances are just as good they have Power #1.

• Like (+1) 1

The fact they're trying to get another top 10 pick tells me they highly value somebody who they may not be comfortable taking number 1 OA, like Johnson, Guenther, or Eklund.   

I predict Beniers will slip in this draft so he might be around as well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Do you remember when Girgensons was good when we sucked? He's that player 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Girgensons was never really good, just over rated by many fans after he made the All Star game. 

That's his point.

40 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Lol what? It's an easy point to understand and a valuable one. Plus it's funny. What do you want from a post on here, a full essay?