Finally It’s Yesterday! Sabres Announce Ralph Krueger Is relieved of His Coaching Duties

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sorry, what I meant is that, the way I read it is them going with an interim implies to me they aren't going to sign/don't really like the currently available guys. 

So to me he's not fine as an interim because I didn't want an interim 

- - - 

18 000 posts...on the down low 

I know what you are saying, but I don’t think an interim discounts anyone. I think they can just bring people in now without secret phone calls or fans tracking flight logs. 

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I just saw the Sabres post on FB. I literally cried happy tears.

It's way early to be crying tears of joy.

We have stopped wandering cluelessly in the woods, and we can see the path up ahead.

Still need to get back on it and try to move forward, though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

We have stopped wandering cluelessly in the woods, and we can see the path up ahead.

To hell with that. I will be happy if I want 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SDS said:

I know what you are saying, but I don’t think an interim discounts anyone. I think they can just bring people in now without secret phone calls or fans tracking flight logs. 

You are of course correct, it doesn't actually discount anyone. 

I just feel like it does, ya know? It just seems like if they wanted someone out there, they'd be here. KA would have already done the groundwork behind the scenes. Like what Calgary did. Lord knows he had plenty of time while the losses were piling up. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You are of course correct, it doesn't actually discount anyone. 

I just feel like it does, ya know? It just seems like if they wanted someone out there, they'd be here. KA would have already done the groundwork behind the scenes. Like what Calgary did. Lord knows he had plenty of time while the losses were piling up. 

A young new GM may want to measure twice and cut once? New coaches they want to know what type of roster they are working with and he may not know?

22 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don't think it's gonna happen, but if we do end up hiring Boudreau or Gallant later on, in season, I'll actually be more heartened by the hire than even if it had happened today, let me go on record saying. That would be Adams preaching due diligence, by all accounts doing due diligence (if not, why wait?) and coming, most importantly, to a coaching decision I myself personally deem appropriate.  lol 

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

A young new GM may want to measure twice and cut once? New coaches they want to know what type of roster they are working with and he may not know?

By all means. I'll be a little bit more pro-Adams in a real way if it unfolds like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't think it's gonna happen, but if we do end up hiring Boudreau or Gallant later on, in season, I'll actually be more heartened by the hire than even if it had happened today, let me go on record saying. That would be Adams preaching due diligence, by all accounts doing due diligence (if not, why wait?) and coming, most importantly, to a coaching decision I myself personally deem appropriate.  lol 

By all means. I'll be a little bit more pro-Adams in a real way if it unfolds like that. 

Yup, they're just starting today. Could easily see Boudreau/Gallant heading in the building March 28th, or April 4th, after they talk to a few guys and decide they really think one of these guys is the right answer. 

I wouldn't put money on it happening this way, but I fully disagree with those suggesting that Bruce not being the guy right this second means there's no chance he's ever the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SDS said:

Not to mention, this is his one shot.  If he screws up the coach hire, he's done, too.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not to mention, this is his one shot.  If he screws up the coach hire, he's done, too.  

This may be a stupid question, but was this really ever on his near-term career path? Wasn’t it just offered out of the blue?

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yup, they're just starting today. Could easily see Boudreau/Gallant heading in the building March 28th, or April 4th, after they talk to a few guys and decide they really think one of these guys is the right answer. 

I wouldn't put money on it happening this way, but I fully disagree with those suggesting that Bruce not being the guy right this second means there's no chance he's ever the guy.

I would be shocked if the coach search begins TODAY.

It's been going on for weeks, at least on some level, almost certainly.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I would be shocked if the coach search begins TODAY.

It's been going on for weeks, at least on some level, almost certainly.

Now, I'd almost be shocked if this were true.

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

...except the "powers that be" are on one side of the Grand Canyon, and the path is visible but on the other side of the canyon. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Overheard at practice....

image.thumb.jpeg.eb22a60a7bd9e0dbb1126cccdc84b967.jpeg

jk 😂

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This guy.......

Oh to flutter through life without disappointment or regret.

Does he really approach all areas of life like this?  1.5 years, no success, lost 12 in row.......had a blast, NHL is great fun, learned a lot, on to the next grand adventure!

Its impressive honestly.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

This guy.......

Oh to flutter through life without disappointment or regret.

Does he really approach all areas of life like this?  1.5 years, no success, lost 12 in row.......had a blast, NHL is great fun, learned a lot, on to the next grand adventure!

Its impressive honestly.

Personally it’s not honorable in my opinion to be fired from your employer due to incompetence, and then be aloof about it. But to each their own. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.