Finally It’s Yesterday! Sabres Announce Ralph Krueger Is relieved of His Coaching Duties

Brawndo

Maybe I need to change my avatar?

It's a good day.  Now we can all debate what comes next.

I think the bigger message here is that Steve Smith is gone.  Ralph was admittedly just the motivator... Smith has persisted behind the scenes and our D coverage has been awful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Terry certainly spends a lot of money on his mistakes....(Drill another well ? Hahaha )

Terry needs to understand he can't let problems fester, like this dumpster fire of a season and the overall organizational problems, all the while he pisses off his fan base. His fan base does not have an endless supply of money to watch crap hockey in person or on TV for that matter (Advertising $$$!).

He needs to get this right, THIS TIME

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo is actually important for the NHL. The largest US TV ratings for all games, not just the Sabres. The league didn't want to lose its best market just as a new TV deal was being negotiated.

Highest TV ratings, often yes.  Most eyes on tv’s, no.  It’s not the best market.  It’s still a small market, regardless of the high tv ratings.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is a common canard.  Buffalo is far from the NHL's "best market."  We have strong NHL ratings as a percentage of the local population, not in absolute numbers.  The number of people watching NHL games in WNY isn't enough to move the needle for the TV networks, advertisers or anyone else who matters.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Highest TV ratings, often yes.  Most eyes on tv’s, no.  It’s not the best market.  It’s still a small market, regardless of the high tv ratings.

I stand corrected.

https://buffalonews.com/entertainment/buffalos-high-tv-ratings-for-hockey-dont-translate-into-big-boost-for-nhl/article_4f22eb94-8702-59e9-9b05-149086c4a03d.html

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

RIGHT - It means nothing to the NHL, BUT it should for Ownership - it tells TERRY that his fans love hockey and will EAT IT  UP (Translation some more $$ in his pocket) if he would just get his head out of his ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I feel like it's fitting that I didn't actually watch Ralph's last game.

Step one is complete.

Step two is hire any of the proven coaches currently on the market. Just pick one. It's the only way to rebuild this organizations credibility.

That's not step 2, unless you are comfortable with Kevyn, Terry, Kim and Sydney hiring the next coach.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

That's not step 2, unless you are comfortable with Kevyn, Terry, Kim and Sydney hiring the next coach.

If they screw this up we might as well fold the franchise. It would be impossible to not hire a better coach right now given what is already available.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

If they screw this up we might as well fold the franchise. It would be impossible to not hire a better coach right now given what is already available.

I feel like the Indian (sorry, not sure of PC term) in the 1970s pollution PSA.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel like the Indian (sorry, not sure of PC term) in the 1970s pollution PSA.

Like, the Pegula's dog could hire the new coach and not screw it up. Just put a bunch of faces on the bottom of some food bowls and see which one it picks.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Other teams have actually seen fit to employ some of those guys for a *full season* lol 

I have been fired and I have fired people.  It's never pleasant, but at least RaKru will get paid.

To bad we can't fire most, if not all, of the players.  They, or mostly, all quit on Ralph.  They did not like playing for him, mostly because it seemed like they could, or would, not do what he asked of them.

The Sabres are a joke, but they better get it right this time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.