Finally It’s Yesterday! Sabres Announce Ralph Krueger Is relieved of His Coaching Duties

Brawndo

<Arttu dragging us across the floor in a net, torso and limbs all a-jumble >  Of course I feel better!

I'm still taking more of a hiatus, but seriously... all I had to do was step away from the Sabres for like...  2 losses in a couple days... and the solution presents itself?  I should have taken a break earlier.

I can't believe he's gone.  (I just lost a whole planet of people to that ball, and you're moping about one old guy who self-sacrificed so he could talk to you in your brain??? Selfish! I'm totally going to fall for the a-hole pilot now.)

Hey, we're not out of the this yet. GM Sheevyn still needs to firesale the rentals for the playoffs, get what he can, and the players need to start looking like they've played competitive hockey before again. And... hopefully the owners will get an NHL coach, and NHL AGM, heck, even a President of Hockey just to provide the vision. Here they come!

cue the music <Tie Fighter Attack or Here They Come> depending on your source material.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

<Arttu dragging us across the floor in a net, torso and limbs all a-jumble >  Of course I feel better!

I'm still taking more of a hiatus, but seriously... all I had to do was step away from the Sabres for like...  2 losses in a couple days... and the solution presents itself?  I should have taken a break earlier.

I can't believe he's gone.  (I just lost a whole planet of people to that ball, and you're moping about one old guy who self-sacrificed so he could talk to you in your brain??? Selfish! I'm totally going to fall for the a-hole pilot now.)

Hey, we're not out of the this yet. GM Sheevyn still needs to firesale the rentals for the playoffs, get what he can, and the players need to start looking like they've played competitive hockey before again. And... hopefully the owners will get an NHL coach, and NHL AGM, heck, even a President of Hockey just to provide the vision. Here they come!

cue the music <Tie Fighter Attack or Here They Come> depending on your source material.

No one's ever really gone 

29 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Like, the Pegula's dog could hire the new coach and not screw it up. Just put a bunch of faces on the bottom of some food bowls and see which one it picks.

I'd contend that the Pegulas have already hired several dogs (apologies to dogs and dog lovers everywhere). Let's try a different approach...

Edited by ExWNYer

9 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Now we get to see what players we need to keep and which we need to dump.  It's all on them now.

But, obviously, they're going to need time for the stench of RaKru to wear off. Let's see how things look next, oh, Thanksgiving before doing anything rash.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stads said:

So a 3-2 loss to the Devils is what did it? That was not on my "This will get him fired" flowchart 

The Devils iced the puck after being pinned in their end for almost 2 minutes with us needing a goal to tie it up. They were spent.

Ralph called a timeout.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The Devils iced the puck after being pinned in their end for almost 2 minutes with us needing a goal to tie it up. They were spent.

Ralph called a timeout.

I thought he needed more time to figure out how to lose by at least three goals 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I heard goaltending wasn't the problem. Bottom fours not that bad huh? 

40 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Pegulas have now hired and then fired 5 NHL head coaches. The combined record of those coaches post-Sabres (including Krueger's NHL-less future) is and will continue to be 0-0-0. 

We need to hire a good coach this time.

This is not good

i really liked RK, even if they were having a terrible season.  I really hope RK lands on his feet quickly, and i really hoped the sabres would have put him in a different position in the org. i think he really has something to offer, even if it wasnt the head coach

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

i really liked RK, even if they were having a terrible season.  I really hope RK lands on his feet quickly, and i really hoped the sabres would have put him in a different position in the org. i think he really has something to offer, even if it wasnt the head coach

No. Finding out he pushed Taylor out means he needs to be gone from it all. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You realize he's worth several million dollars, and the Sabres will pay him $3.75M next season, right?  RK will be fine no matter what happens moving forward.

I wish I was paid the rest of this year's salary and all of next year's when I was laid off last month.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

You realize he's worth several million dollars, and the Sabres will pay him $3.75M next season, right?  RK will be fine no matter what happens moving forward.

I wish I was paid the rest of this year's salary and all of next year's when I was laid off last month.  

Yeah, but you got that extra $300 in unemployment....so it works out about the same, right? /s

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

By “in the interim”, I mean exactly that.  Until you decide who your actual coach will be and get them in.

Sorry, what I meant is that, the way I read it is them going with an interim implies to me they aren't going to sign/don't really like the currently available guys. 

So to me he's not fine as an interim because I didn't want an interim 

- - - 

18 000 posts...on the down low 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.