Finally It’s Yesterday! Sabres Announce Ralph Krueger Is relieved of His Coaching Duties

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Washington was the final straw. It took a hot second to get Pegulas' approval. 

Is the ***** defensive coach still here? That guy needs to go too, Steve Smith. 

Harrington says that Smith was fired, too. Wish granted.

• Like (+1) 1

About time! Finally something to be happy about. Would love to see KA go full scorched earth and trade anyone and everyone at this point that he can. The team is soft and has been since Lucic ran Miller. 

We need a complete flush to change the culture. The more roster turnover the better. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know what the solution is other then more physicality upfront and crashing the net.

I’d like to Lindy Ruff lines, playmaker, scorer and basher, and the kids in the lineup each night over failed vets like KO and Eakin.  I kind of want KA behind the bench so that he can better evaluate the guys attitudes and efforts.  

I wouldn’t mind Dudley or someone like hIm consulting until seasons end and maybe beyond helping with the deadline and off-season.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m not so sure. I’m guessing but I think Bettman may have made a call to Pegula.

The league recommended Botterill to the Pegulas. I understand who I am quoting in this post, but, still. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m not so sure. I’m guessing but I think Bettman may have made a call to Pegula.

I'm not so sure. This was a good move for the Sabres and the league. That is not Bettman's m.o. He has ruined the NHL and is the league's version of every Pegula hockey hire.

I won't believe it until I see it. I've had the rug pulled out from under me too many times with this team. One thing that I believe is that if Krueger is fired, the Sabres Pegulas will follow their counter-intuitive M.O. and hire another leader(s) with little to no NHL experience. They think they're smarter than everybody else but in reality, they're stupid and they never learn.

Edited by Kong
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The league recommended Botterill to the Pegulas. I understand who I am quoting in this post, but, still. 

And? That doesn’t change the likelihood that Bettman was getting pressure from other owners at what an embarrassment the Sabres are. I believe the Wash owner is very powerful in league circles.  Maybe he skipped the middleman and called TP directly.  Regardless the camel’s back finally broke.

Now what?

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And? That doesn’t change the likelihood that Bettman was getting pressure from other owners at what an embarrassment the Sabres are. I believe the Wash owner is very powerful in league circles.  Maybe he skipped the middleman and called TP directly.  Regardless the camel’s back finally broke.

Now what?

And I would therefore put little stock in any league recommendation 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Now what?

Buffalo is actually important for the NHL. The largest US TV ratings for all games, not just the Sabres. The league didn't want to lose its best market just as a new TV deal was being negotiated.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo is actually important for the NHL. The largest US TV ratings for all games, not just the Sabres. The league didn't want to lose its best market just as a new TV deal was being negotiated.

This is a common canard.  Buffalo is far from the NHL's "best market."  We have strong NHL ratings as a percentage of the local population, not in absolute numbers.  The number of people watching NHL games in WNY isn't enough to move the needle for the TV networks, advertisers or anyone else who matters.

• Like (+1) 3

It was foolish for Adams to bail himself out by saying GT wasn't an issue earlier, if he says it again in light of recent weeks, I'd have zero confidence in his roster evaluation skills 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.