Fire Kevyn Adams

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Probably would have if Buffalo had ever been competent 

Had Buffalo gone into the start of last season and given Ullmark a two year extension around 4.5M like any competent team did.  See Arizona with Kuemper the season before he got his monster year.  As for McCabe, I respect Jake, but honestly, I'd have rather seen other guys given a chance at his role.  He's had big injuries in several seasons and while he's a solid LHD, I don't think he's healthy enough to give a 4M x 4YR contract too. 

Edited by Rasmus_

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Adams is doing what the Pegula want. They trust him, he is their guy. Adams is going nowhere.

Agreed. And what would firing him accomplish? What is the goal? Bring someone in here who is going to do their best to bring in talent that will make this team average to above average?  And to get to THAT level you would have to give up some young talent/future talent.  What would the point be?

I say keep Adams at the least …. This entire season AND the draft. If the team hasn’t shown ANY improvement (roster wise) then start to consider a short leash on the guy.  But I say give him a few months to see what he can/can’t do. And no, I haven’t “seen enough.”

I can’t believe this is resurrected.  

The Pegula’s have their man in there.  He will operate within their parameters and keep costs down.  

Even with his gaffes related to goaltending and pro player acquisition, he is following a rebuild script that deserves more time   Adams should get more time.  Firing him will not sit well with any of the potentially experienced and qualified GM candidates either.  The Pegula’s need to let him continue.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I say keep Adams at the least …. This entire season AND the draft. If the team hasn’t shown ANY improvement (roster wise) then start to consider a short leash on the guy.  But I say give him a few months to see what he can/can’t do. And no, I haven’t “seen enough.”

Think about it and the problem is clear.   The holder of that short leash is Kim Pegula.  

Give Adams another year or else we deal with her next great idea.  

Firing him at this point simply re-re-re-resets the clock on getting this righted.

Really doubt he gets canned any time earlier than after next season & that only happens if next year is as horrible as this one is shaping up to be and he hasn't taken a legit crack at fixing the goaltending.  

These guys desperately need a few day break after that 5 in 7 & 6 in 9 stretch, but this is as big a break as they get prior to the February shutdown.

Provided they aren't getting their psyches irreparably damaged, & they likely aren't, this team is looking to be in good shape 2-3 years from now.  Problem is, we've been there for at least 7 years & this collapse is becoming a bad movie that just won't end.  Totally get the frustration.  Am fully on that train.

But just don't see any way canning him today helps in any appreciable way & it could very well put us in even worse shape.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I can’t believe this is resurrected.  

The Pegula’s have their man in there.  He will operate within their parameters and keep costs down.  

Even with his gaffes related to goaltending and pro player acquisition, he is following a rebuild script that deserves more time   Adams should get more time.  Firing him will not sit well with any of the potentially experienced and qualified GM candidates either.  The Pegula’s need to let him continue.  

While he has operated in their parameters, I’m opiated watching amateurs.  #frustrated. 

Firing is unnecessary and unwarranted until we see what the draft and UFA looks like.  Must see significant progress next year.  Including the addition of an experienced D (read > than Mark P) to munch minutes on PK and a top 2 pair.  

18 minutes ago, Hank said:

Serious question, why? Why do you want him fired?

It’s a question of competence.  To build a winning culture you need to give the young team the tools to win with.  The goaltending has been a disaster for two years and it was an obvious disaster that any competent GM would have addressed. 

The other obvious issue has been a proper pairing for Dahlin.  This has been an issue for years and again it hasn’t been addressed.  

I fully understand that KA is marching to TPs $ saving instructions.  However there have been numerous opportunities to address these issues in a cost effective manner and had we had a competent GM they would have been.  See what Yzerman is doing in Det.  

I actually think the solution is already in the organization.  “Promote” KA upstairs and give the real power to Karmonos.  

One other note: Even with the JAGs on offense we are scoring at a playoff contending level.  However we are 31st in GA.  That isn’t an accident.  Instead of helping the offense with better players in goal and on defense he acquired Subban, Dell and Anderson to tend goal.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

While he has operated in their parameters, I’m opiated watching amateurs.  #frustrated. 

Firing is unnecessary and unwarranted until we see what the draft and UFA looks like.  Must see significant progress next year.  Including the addition of an experienced D (read > than Mark P) to munch minutes on PK and a top 2 pair.  

Yes on the experienced defensemen.   Power and Samuelsson will need to see how a respected and seasoned NHL defenseman prepares and plays.  Joker, Dahlin, are not the guys to teach them, they are suffering themselves from not having had a solid mentor to play with.  

So the list for next year is:

1.  NHL Goalie 

2a and b.  Experienced NHL veteran defenseman. 

They have to get much better at keeping the puck out of our net to compete. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I would not fire him now, but there is a real case for doing so IMHO, and it goes like this:

- KA’s choices at goalie indicate either an unacceptable inability to evaluate talent at the most critical position or a decision to tank this season.

- If he’s decided to tank, he’s made a stupid decision that is highly likely to mire the franchise in the same quicksand it’s been in for the last 8 years.

- Even worse, he made that decision despite having the results of the last stupid decision to tank staring him in the face.

- In addition to the tank decision, he had the most precious asset in the NHL — a franchise #1 C — and he couldn’t keep him happy.  And now he wants to tank to have a chance to replace that franchise C?  No thank you.

I don’t necessarily agree with all of the above, but it’s not from outer space.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.