Fire Kevyn Adams

GASabresIUFAN

Either you have to power to fire Rasputin or you don’t.  You told the fans and media you had this power and obviously you don’t.  That’s a lie and imho a firing offense.  Your statement that we don’t have a goaltending issue and your refusal to address it this off-season when a boat load of good goalies were available further proves that you are in over your head and need to go.

This organization needs real leadership top to bottom and Adams is already showing he isn’t up for the job.  Can he really be trusted to handle the trade deadline or another rebuild this off-season?  Considering he thought Cody Eakin was still an NHL player, Thompson was worth a 3 year contract, and Hutton was a good backup goalie I think his player judgement is seriously in question.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

So 4 GMs in 8 years.  

Another coach is a certainty.  

That will be 4 in 6 years?  

Who wants to come here? 

Who even wants these jobs?

The Krueger hire was clearly all Terry.  Botterill I think we can all now safely say in addition to sucking at his job probably had a problem with Terry hiring Ralph so he was canned.  

Terry Pegula is clearly the problem.   

This team needs a President because it needs to shake the fact (it's not an impression anymore) that the clueless owner is too involved and contributed to decisions from awful hires to bad contracts.   For a decade now.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Second Line Center said:

So 4 GMs in 8 years.  

Another coach is a certainty.  

That will be 4 in 6 years?  

Who wants to come here? 

Who even wants these jobs?

The Krueger hire was clearly all Terry.  Botterill I think we can all now safely say in addition to sucking at his job probably had a problem with Terry hiring Ralph so he was canned.  

Terry Pegula is clearly the problem.   

This team needs a President because it needs to shake the fact (it's not an impression anymore) that the clueless owner is too involved and contributed to decisions from awful hires to bad contracts.   For a decade now.  

There are 32 GM and 32 HC jobs in the NHL.  Someone will take the Sabres job(s).  The question is how to rebuild credibility with the current players and free agents, the fans, and sponsors.  The first steps are for the Pegula’s to retreat to Florida after hiring a real President of Hockey ops.  This person will decide KA’s fate and who replaces Rasputin.  

If they bring in a Julien or Boudreau as coach that will add to the credibility and then go from there.

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Either you have to power to fire Rasputin or you don’t.  You told the fans and media you had this power and obviously you don’t.  That’s a lie and imho a firing offense.

I question your foundational premise that Kevyn Adams doesn't have the power to fire Krueger simply because he hasn't done so yet, which undermines your position that Adams must be fired for... lying?

Just say you don't like how KA manages the team and you'd like to see him fired.  Why torture yourself with inventing needless and baseless mental gymnastics?

• Like (+1) 5

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Either you have to power to fire Rasputin or you don’t.  You told the fans and media you had this power and obviously you don’t.  That’s a lie and imho a firing offense.  Your statement that we don’t have a goaltending issue and your refusal to address it this off-season when a boat load of good goalies were available further proves that you are in over your head and need to go.

This organization needs real leadership top to bottom and Adams is already showing he isn’t up for the job.  Can he really be trusted to handle the trade deadline or another rebuild this off-season?  Considering he thought Cody Eakin was still an NHL player, Thompson was worth a 3 year contract, and Hutton was a good backup goalie I think his player judgement is seriously in question.

Well firing him this soon isn't going to happen, we all know that but the points are valid.

Eakin wasn't worth picking up for sure. Staal was also a bad trade. Guy is burnt. Johanson might not have been all that, but Staal did not address the 2C issue adequately. Thompson contract is wishin' and hopin' dumb. Sheahan isn't horrible, but I'm not sure Adams had a whole lot to do with that as Sheahan tried out looking for work. No trades yet, no coach firing no nothing.

He's "evaluating".......................

The longer he goes without firing Ralph🤮the quicker he should be shitcanned for not firing Ralph🤮. As every loss mounts it becomes more apparent that Kevin is in over his head, is likely micromanaged by TP and KP or just doesn’t have the experience to navigate these waters or is simply clueless. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Agree with an exception. We can't say KA doesn't have authority to fire RK. That's speculation. Still the problem I believe is the one constant over the last decade. The owners.

• Like (+1) 3

Why would anyone think this kid was ready for GM?   Most all of his experience is Business side, not Hockey Operations.  Kim likes Adams because they know him and trust him to follow their directions.  

So many long time Sabres (non Hockey operations) employees have been fired.  Some accused of bad things.  Kim and Terry have created a revolving door.  The entire organization is rotten.  

JBots worst crimes: ROR trade, Skinner contract, Housely, RK all have mysteriously been linked to Terry. Yet JBot made a lot of questionable hockey decisions.  The only thing I liked was his rebuild of Rochester.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I question your foundational premise that Kevyn Adams doesn't have the power to fire Krueger simply because he hasn't done so yet, which undermines your position that Adams must be fired for... lying?

Just say you don't like how KA manages the team and you'd like to see him fired.  Why torture yourself with inventing needless and baseless mental gymnastics?

He said in the press conference he had the authority to fire Rasputin.  How can a coach retain his job going 2-13-2 in his last 17 games unless the team was meant to tank which this team wasn’t.  It defies reason that he is still the coach.  Rasputin keeping his job at this point is very strong circumstantial evidence that Adams lacks the authority to fire him.  What’s left to evaluate?

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Why would anyone think this kid was ready for GM?   Most all of his experience is Business side, not Hockey Operations.  Kim likes Adams because they know him and trust him to follow their directions.  

So many long time Sabres (non Hockey operations) employees have been fired.  Some accused of bad things.  Kim and Terry have created a revolving door.  The entire organization is rotten.  

JBots worst crimes: ROR trade, Skinner contract, Housely, RK all have mysteriously been linked to Terry. Yet JBot made a lot of questionable hockey decisions.  The only thing I liked was his rebuild of Rochester.  

I thought then and stated that it was a terrible hire.  We speculated then that he was hired to be a yes man and that is proving to be the case.

• Like (+1) 1

Ya maybe Adams was lying that he has the power to fire Ralph, they would look bad on the organization indeed, but the alternative isn’t any better anyways - if Adams truly can’t figure out what to do here and he does have the ability to make a change. 

Nothing reflects well on anyone  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Uh, who's going to fire Adams? And for what? Following directives?

I was thinking the same thing...

Boss ... “I want you to put that part in that box and give it to Ricky in shipping”

Employee does exactly that.

Boss ... “ok, thank you for doing what I said, now we are gonna have to let you go because, well, you did what I asked of you.”

Employee ... “but I did what you asked”

Boss ... “I know, but I have to blame someone for the business doing poorly. Why not you.”

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Uh, who's going to fire Adams? And for what? Following directives?

Just now, PASabreFan said:

God bless, GA. I wish I could hug you while we wimper softly. We're all trying to fix things in USSR. But nothing will change until Soviet Machine is gone.

You’re probably correct.  The Pegulas would need to fire their yes man and that is unlikely to happen.  A real organization wouldn’t be in this mess.  I have been thinking about Czarist Russia with Rasputin but Stalin era Soviet rule fits as well.

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You need to have a re-think about the power structure at the Sabres and how it all works.

If you play with it long enough, I think you'll see the problem is Pegula, not Adams or even Ralph.

Ultimately, it's Pegula.

He appointed a "yes" man to run what is fundamentally *Pegula's* team.  He saw that Adams was reliable and loyal in other areas of the business, and so he got promoted to the top slot.

Further, Pegula decided, a couple of years ago, that there would be no more buying out of bad Ks, after spending tens of millions of dollars on them in the first many years of his ownership.  

So the directive goes to Adams: don't fire Ralph, and Ralph is allowed to continue to destroy the team on the ice.

As of right now, we should assume Ralph will be here for the remainder of this regular season, and possibly into next season as well, if he isn't fired at the end of this one.  

We now know Krueger is a worse experiment than Ron Rolston!

Think about that.  And yet here he is! 

It has *nothing* to do with Adams.

It has everything to do with Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Terry Pegula is quite possibly the dumbest man alive. He invests in the Sabres and in effect the city of Buffalo and then over the course of the next 10 years seemingly goes out of his way to destroy the Sabres brand, alienate the Sabres fanbase, and turn what was once a proud franchise into a league laughingstock. It doesn’t make any sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

You need to have a re-think about the power structure at the Sabres and how it all works.

If you play with it long enough, I think you'll see the problem is Pegula, not Adams or even Ralph.

Ultimately, it's Pegula.

He appointed a "yes" man to run what is fundamentally *Pegula's* team.  He saw that Adams was reliable and loyal in other areas of the business, and so he got promoted to the top slot.

Further, Pegula decided, a couple of years ago, that there would be no more buying out of bad Ks, after spending tens of millions of dollars on them in the first many years of his ownership.  

So the directive goes to Adams: don't fire Ralph, and Ralph is allowed to continue to destroy the team on the ice.

As of right now, we should assume Ralph will be here for the remainder of this regular season, and possibly into next season as well, if he isn't fired at the end of this one.  

We now know Krueger is a worse experiment than Ron Rolston!

Think about that.  And yet here he is! 

It has *nothing* to do with Adams.

It has everything to do with Pegula.

I'm amazed that we keep our guns pointed at coaches,  general managers, etc. The guns should be aimed at the owners who have orchestrated this mess over the last ten years. What many of us believed to be the salvation of this franchise now should realize it was possibly the demise of it. I don't think the owners know anything about running a franchise. And please spare me about "well how about the Bills". That , first of all , is not the same as hockey and I think frankly that was more luck than smart. I think there's a slim chance for the Sabres to redeem this mess under the Pegulas. I hope as slim as it is by some wonder it happens. I started out a supporter of the owners and had high hopes but over this decade of blunders they have lost my confidence and support.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Agree with all the above.  Just want to add that we should not sell Jbot short on his bad crimes.  I would add the Montour trade along with how he orchestrated the Scandella trade which flipped into Frolik.

• Like (+1) 1

The average fan has come out with better ideas than the last two GMs. That’s scary.  Simply horrible decisions.  Mindboggling.  This why we are what we are. Who would of traded all those assets for an unproven goalie who was a mental case and that big kid from LA who was slow? Who would of traded ROR for a bag of pucks?  Worst trade in history.  Who in their right mind signs Skinner to that contract?  Who doesn’t hire a proven veteran coach?  It’s unbelievably dumb.  

Edited by Gatorman0519

KA is going nowhere.  I'm not even sure Kim would allow him to fire himself at this point. 

She is going to prove to the idiot fanbase, that hiring KA was a brilliant move on her part....even if the NHL GM's around the league are laughing at her.

Edited by LabattBlue

The puppet master Pegula's are too ignorant to ever admit they've made mistake after mistake when it comes to the Sabres. KA is just a puppet who TP and KP threw into the GM role. He is someone that won't undermine what they want. And since they love RK, I'm sure Kevyn doesn't have much to do when it comes to firing the coach. Terry and Kim just need to stay the ***** away, which will most likely never happen. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/14/2021 at 11:32 AM, Carmel Corn said:

Agree with all the above.  Just want to add that we should not sell Jbot short on his bad crimes.  I would add the Montour trade along with how he orchestrated the Scandella trade which flipped into Frolik.

O'reilly, Montour, Kane... Signing Skinner to that term.  Quite a few poor moves

20 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

The puppet master Pegula's are too ignorant to ever admit they've made mistake after mistake when it comes to the Sabres. KA is just a puppet who TP and KP threw into the GM role. He is someone that won't undermine what they want. And since they love RK, I'm sure Kevyn doesn't have much to do when it comes to firing the coach. Terry and Kim just need to stay the ***** away, which will most likely never happen. 

ignorant or arrogant? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.