Fire Kevyn Adams

GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Nope. Unless a miracle happens this is somewhat likely the lineup they throw out there. Cannot wait to see the sales pitch. 

Adams has been giving it since day one of the offseason. Follow the Blinding Light of the youth, they'll lead the way 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Nope. Unless a miracle happens this is somewhat likely the lineup they throw out there. Cannot wait to see the sales pitch. 

This isn't going to be the lineup in October.  I'm not optimistic, mind you, but at the very least, Adams will be picking up some FAs just to fill out a roster.

• Like (+1) 1

If this is hockey heaven, can you imagine what hell is like?

At this rate i say we're 5 years out from possibly contending for a playoff spot.

2 more years of Kevyn Adams until we fire him & then 3 years of a new GM that hopefully knows what he's doing.

Everyone was all giddy about the return for Risto... i bit my tongue. Because that pick in return is only worth something depending on what we did with it & who he becomes. But if we wanted a goalie, we could've gotten Cossa or Wallstedt there & gotten a better (different) prospect in return for Sam from Florida. But instead we reached a little for Rosen & got back a 7th rd G prospect in Levi. When we already have UPL & Portillo & the 2 we could've drafted are better prospects anyways imho.

Theres really way too much we could say & criticize but where we are today reminds me of when we tanked in the 1st place. Its like we've suffered thru all these years, just to end up at the same place where we started. Its just that back then we had no idea what our future held, whereas now we know its hopeless lol.

hockey heaven guys, hockey heaven

1 minute ago, In The Buff said:

At this rate i say we're 5 years out from possibly contending for a playoff spot.

2 more years of Kevyn Adams until we fire him & then 3 years of a new GM that hopefully knows what he's doing.

Everyone was all giddy about the return for Risto... i bit my tongue. Because that pick in return is only worth something depending on what we did with it & who he becomes. But if we wanted a goalie, we could've gotten Cossa or Wallstedt there & gotten a better (different) prospect in return for Sam from Florida. But instead we reached a little for Rosen & got back a 7th rd G prospect in Levi. When we already have UPL & Portillo & the 2 we could've drafted are better prospects anyways imho.

Theres really way too much we could say & criticize but where we are today reminds me of when we tanked in the 1st place. Its like we've suffered thru all these years, just to end up at the same place where we started. Its just that back then we had no idea what our future held, whereas now we know its hopeless lol.

This feels like we are going into the season we tanked for Sam.  Hope I am wrong. That would mean easily 3 to 4 years before we are competitive.  Remember this year we could own the longest playoff drought on record.  That is hockey hell for sure.

21 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

This organization from top to bottom are horrible, Incompetent, uninteresting, unimaginable, joyless and soul sucking bad.  There is no way that there is even the littlest of thing that brings even the smallest bit of enjoyment to my life.  I wish I could get the all the emotions, time and money I invested in them the past 10 years back.

Sports should be fun. This organization make me not only hate them, by myself for caring so much, for so long.

Edited by COSabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

This is not a full-on tank, luckily.  The holes on the team can be filled in with competent NHLers so that we finally have a complete, competent, albeit low-end NHL line-up.  I expect that they won't embarrass themselves by trading off good players to keep the team at the bottom of the standings.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Well, they started the tank for McEichel early and picked up Reinhart knowingly allow the way - it was an intended part of the journey 

Not sure I agree with this.  That was the year that the team desperately reached out to Pat LaFontaine and all that.

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

This is not a full-on tank, luckily.  The holes on the team can be filled in with competent NHLers so that we finally have a complete, competent, albeit low-end NHL line-up.  I expect that they won't embarrass themselves by trading off good players to keep the team at the bottom of the standings.

Agree - I don't agree with not prioritizing winning but doing so while insulating the younger players with vets is definitely the lesser of two evils. 

Just now, Eleven said:

Not sure I agree with this.  That was the year that the team desperately reached out to Pat LaFontaine and all that.

And he left because he didn't want to tank, no?

🙂

Fundamentally, until we build up our scouting system and front office to be passable, we just have more of these wtf transactions to look forward to. 

As happy as I was for the Risto trade value, the Rhino return feels ten times worse.

And when you're as bad as the Sabres with their skeleton scouting crew, I think you at least follow some semblance of consensus ratings for the middle rounds.

I feel like I need to do like that recently returned Bills fan and check back in 10 years.

Edited by lothar

6 minutes ago, lothar said:

Fundamentally, until we build up our scouting system and front office to be passable, we just have more of these wtf transactions to look forward to. 

As happy as I was for the Risto trade value, the Rhino return feels ten times worse.

And when you're as bad as the Sabres with their skeleton scouting crew, I think you at least follow some semblance of consensus ratings for the middle rounds.

I feel like I need to do like that recently returned Bills fan and check back in 10 years.

Welcome back to the board.

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

But it was after selling off Vanek and Pominville and really everyone else of value save Miller. The tank started with Darcy and was well underway when Patty was hired. He left apparently when disagreeing with Murray (and Terry?) on how to finish it

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, dudacek said:

But it was after selling off Vanek and Pominville and really everyone else of value save Miller. The tank started with Darcy and was well underway when Patty was hired. He left apparently when disagreeing with Murray on how to finish it

Same timeline, different conclusions, I guess?  I don't think the tank was on until 14-15.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Same timeline, different conclusions, I guess?  I don't think the tank was on until 14-15.

Yeah, and we all seem to have variations on what we think a tank is - or maybe I should say The Tank was.

3 hours ago, lothar said:

Anyone mad about the Reinhart trade, is overvaluing Samson. 

• Like (+1) 3

I wonder how much they convinced themselves they were going to get McDavid, and the sting of that kind of lurking around.  Maybe it bristled Jack and thus always doomed from the start.  TM's reaction on Lotto night always irked me still does to this day.  They just seemed so convinced - like you have to be saying going into the season and then the Lotto - look, we're going to get a great player.  We have stock piled picks and assets to start a new era.  Eichel or McDavid, it doesn't matter he's just one piece albeit an important one.  

I'm just mussing out loud here trying to figure out how it all went wrong.  

In reality it was a bunch of things stacked up on each other.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.