Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

Interesting to see the Laughs suddenly unable to win after al their big moves...they seem to be getting frustrated but that knee hit on Hyman by Vancouver's  Elder was a nasty piece of work...meanwhile Wilson is at it again (no penalty)

Edited by Sabre fan

6 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

Interesting to see the Laughs suddenly unable to win after al their big moves...they seem to be getting frustrated but that knee hit on Hyman by Vancouver's  Elder was a nasty piece of work...meanwhile Wilson is at it again (no penalty)

For some reason the league sees fit to protect players like Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1

The responses to this post about Bogosian being hurt from Maple Leafs players is a good reminder of how bad Sabre fan perceptions have been twisted. I spent a fair amount of energy defending Bogo when the entire fanbase ripped him apart here. He was never a bad player. He was a little reckless at times but I always got the impression the dude had ***** luck with health and when he was out there he was trying to make things happen.

Edited by Hoss

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

How about Vancouver beating Toronto twice after coming off their covid hell? Laughs showing they are very very beatable. 

Leafs goaltending is so unpredictable and their defense is pretty bad...I have no doubt they;d trade their defense for our defense straight up in a heartbeat. Our's has potential which theirs doesn't. They play the Peg tonight should be another big test for them...

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

The responses to this post about Bogosian being hurt from Maple Leafs players is a good reminder of how bad Sabre fan perceptions have been twisted. I spent a fair amount of energy defending Bogo when the entire fanbase ripped him apart here. He was never a bad player. He was a little reckless at times but I always got the impression the dude had ***** luck with health and when he was out there he was trying to make things happen.

My biggest stated issue with Bogosian was always the fact he couldn’t stay healthy. 

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

My biggest stated issue with Bogosian was always the fact he couldn’t stay healthy. 

He's not/wasn't very good when healthy either.  

Oh and then after all those years of paying him his overpriced salary for nothing, he quits on the Sabres instead of earning his way back into the lineup like he should have.

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

Bogosian was beloved by his teammates is Buffalo as well.

He can’t stay healthy.  It’s not just luck, it’s chronic.  When he played healthy in Buffalo he was ok to meh.  At times when he was working his way back from injury he was pretty bad.  Overall, brings some useful qualities but nothing impressive.  That’s fine for a bottom pair guy making $1M or whatever he is making now.  In Buffalo he was making $5M+ and was supposed to be a key top-4 guy.  Instead we got a just ok guy who was almost never healthy and way overpaid.  Fans were not impressed.

Its like Okposo now.  He can still play and fill a role.  At $6M it’s a disaster, at $1M it would be fine.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Curt said:

He can’t stay healthy.  It’s not just luck, it’s chronic.  When he played healthy in Buffalo he was ok to meh.  At times when he was working his way back from injury he was pretty bad.  Overall, brings some useful qualities but nothing impressive.  That’s fine for a bottom pair guy making $1M or whatever he is making now.  In Buffalo he was making $5M+ and was supposed to be a key top-4 guy.  Instead we got a just ok guy who was almost never healthy and way overpaid.  Fans were not impressed.

Its like Okposo now.  He can still play and fill a role.  At $6M it’s a disaster, at $1M it would be fine.

Perfectly said

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

An interesting name on the list of potential invitees for The Team Canada World Championship Roster

23078629-3A93-4266-B075-DEAE46AA77BC.jpeg

I'm assuming Sam is an official invite?

Becoming the new Ryan Smyth

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Curt said:

Maybe we should stop blaming players for the expectations management put on them when management misjudged and misuses them.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Maybe we should stop blaming players for the expectations management put on them when management misjudged and misuses them.

I’m not sure what you are talking about.

What did I blame anyone for?  I’m not going to blame someone for cashing checks, but that doesn’t make it good for the team.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I’m not sure what you are talking about.

What did I blame anyone for?  I’m not going to blame someone for cashing checks, but that doesn’t make it good for the team.

“That’s fine for a bottom pair guy making $1M or whatever he is making now.  In Buffalo he was making $5M+ and was supposed to be a key top-4 guy.  Instead we got a just ok guy who was almost never healthy and way overpaid.  Fans were not impressed.

Its like Okposo now.  He can still play and fill a role.  At $6M it’s a disaster, at $1M it would be fine.”

It’s not Bogosian’s fault his body failed him throughout his time here or he was forced into a role that wasn’t fit for where he was at physically. I appreciated his time here and wish he could’ve stuck around into this part of his career. He was vilified by fans and players remember that stuff.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

“That’s fine for a bottom pair guy making $1M or whatever he is making now.  In Buffalo he was making $5M+ and was supposed to be a key top-4 guy.  Instead we got a just ok guy who was almost never healthy and way overpaid.  Fans were not impressed.

Its like Okposo now.  He can still play and fill a role.  At $6M it’s a disaster, at $1M it would be fine.”

It’s not Bogosian’s fault his body failed him throughout his time here or he was forced into a role that wasn’t fit for where he was at physically. I appreciated his time here and wish he could’ve stuck around into this part of his career. He was vilified by fans and players remember that stuff.

I didn’t say it was his fault, but what do you want me to say?  It wasn’t his fault but it still happened.  It wasn’t his fault, but it still wasn’t good for the team.

I hold no I’ll will against Bogosian.  He is one of the few guys in the NHL from the north country and I’ve followed his career with some interest.

And yet, his time with the Sabres was disappointing, that’s just the truth of it.