Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pi has several layers. On the top layer, some absurdity that can be "proven wrong" most of the time. On the second layer, a core underlying truth driving his conclusions that is right 90% of the time on a large enough timescale. On the third layer, brilliant knack for meshing genuine trolling with serious discussion such that the transition is often seamless if not simultaneous. On the 4th layer, scars from his glory days in the NCAA, along with the dirty stache look he dons in reverence of Aust*n Matthews 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b0cicfln1x6zzy3xiinr

some of that is sooo funny. It’s about a 1/4 true .... but very funny. 😂

32 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Heaven forbid we grab another young d-man with upside for when one of ours is taken by Seattle. 

I would have buried Irwin in Rochester along with KA's other offseason blueline signing(Davidson), claimed both Vatanen AND Mete, and gave them 20 game tryouts.  Instead we will get a steady dose of Irwin for the remainder of the season.  I'd even consider giving Fitzgerald a shot.  Irwin is just a waste of space.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I would have buried Irwin in Rochester along with KA's other offseason blueline signing(Davidson), claimed both Vatanen AND Mete, and gave them 20 game tryouts.  Instead we will get a steady dose of Irwin for the remainder of the season.  I'd even consider giving Fitzgerald a shot.  Irwin is just a waste of space.

Fitzgerald can play a grimy game if they need him to also. He's of age for a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would not have and certainly not for 5 years. 

3.75x3 is what I was anticipating his market price being. Five years at 3m isn’t a bad deal for either side. I wouldn’t have given 15m for him at the term I desired. 

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Not saying it would have been a good idea, but if Iafallo(local boy) had hit FA, I'm sure the Sabres would have gone hard after him.  

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31243971/los-angeles-kings-forward-alex-iafallo-agree-4-year-16m-extension

He turned down a ELC when he was an UDFA from GMTM to sign with  the Sabres