Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I do not remember him doing anything like this even once for us. The bastard played us. 

I don’t know if this would qualify as a breakaway but prior to this Taylor Hall had the most breakaways in the NHL over the last two seasons and had zero goals on them.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Could you explain what that’s all about? Because I click on Twitter and it’s all over the friggin place.

Rangers fans are crying because one of their rookies (Kravtsov) scored his first career goal to make it 5-0 but Lindy challenged and won, taking it away. Rangers fans do not like Lindy Ruff and also appear to be extremely soft.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Rangers fans are crying because one of their rookies (Kravtsov) scored his first career goal to make it 5-0 but Lindy challenged and won, taking it away. Rangers fans do not like Lindy Ruff and also appear to be extremely soft.

You should see them when you tell them that their offer of Strome, Chytil and a 2nd isn't enough for Jack 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I do not remember him doing anything like this even once for us. The bastard played us. 

It's fitting then that we still have 5 matchups against the scumbags this season. We can effectively be the team that kills their season.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Could you explain what that’s all about? Because I click on Twitter and it’s all over the friggin place.

Lindy Ruff challenged a goal and got it reversed, taking the first goal scored by a Rangers rookie away, while losing 4-0 at the end of a meaningless season. Folks are saying it was a d**k move.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There are areas where the owner/s have the right to be Deciders. Decide this, Pegulas. It shouldn't ever happen. But... they do love them some Leafs fans. Gibby said so.

I don't know the details of why they'd do that, and I like this sentiment, but would that be a little petty if reasons stem from pandemic?

To compromise maybe we could shack them up in Rochester or harbor center hehe

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't know the details of why they'd do that, and I like this sentiment, but would that be a little petty if reasons stem from pandemic?

Is anyone really up for the ***** Leafs celebrating playoff wins on OUR ice? Think Boston would host the Yankees?

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This would suck, but I think the alternatives are worse.

After every Toronto goal I would stipulate that the arena has to show a Sabres highlight against the Leafs.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

This would suck, but I think the alternatives are worse.

After every Toronto goal I would stipulate that the arena has to show a Sabres highlight against the Leafs.

Phil Kessel/John Scott every time

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is anyone really up for the ***** Leafs celebrating playoff wins on OUR ice? Think Boston would host the Yankees?

This brings it home swimmingly. I do not think they would, thinking about it, even now. 

We aren't on that level though so it def could happen

Just now, Norcal said:

So apparently Edward's thinks Hall is the "Power Wing Forward" the Bs have needed for years lol

It's possible Hall finds a game again in Boston. He still has some skill, it was the will that was lacking here.

But I still have hope he might continue his Sabre-suckitude in Beantown.

I'm loving what Eric Staal has brought to Montreal.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Consider the source ...

No doubt

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's possible Hall finds a game again in Boston. He still has some skill, it was the will that was lacking here.

So bad. Those two sucked the life out of the youngsters here.

49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m sure Hall will play fine, probably better than in Buffalo, but he still isn’t a “power forward winger” any more than a guy like Pasternak is.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A big part of me is rooting for Hall to succeed because I dislike the Leafs more and it would show they made the wrong choice between him and Foligno to potentially embarassing results