Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

31 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Laf is a LW behind Krieder and Panarin and isn't seeing that much ice time.

He'll improve. Too bad he's a Ranger though.

I mean that makes it worse right? Sheltered minutes against weaker opposition etc.

However, I agree he will be fine. Everyone expects a first overall to be a McDavid or Crosby or Ovechkin. But they are all generational players.

Look at how Stamkos started his career vs how he plays (when not injured)

48 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Aaron Ekblad hurt in a game against Dallas.  Looks bad and had to be taken off the ice with a stretcher.   Bad break for him as he was having a good season.  Now wondering if this might create some interest in a RH defenseman .... can anybody say MONTOUR?!?!

Or Miller.

Just having a look at NHL standings.

Well past the halfway point now, and all the cellar dwellers (DET, OTT, ANA) have 28 points, except the Sabres.

We are still sitting on 16.  There's no one close to us!  We do have 3 games in hand on the other 3 division bottom feeders, but with the streak as it is, that shouldn't be a problem.  

We have a really solid shot to (and should) end up with the worst record in the league this year.

Still have to win the lottery, and I assume we won't (LOL) but it's a shame this is such a weak draft.

We should still be acquiring a pretty solid prospect though, kind of for free, which hopefully helps.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, Kruppstahl said:

Jack Edwards goes nuts over a blown call.  Kind of funny.

You gotta love the NHL.

The guy was right, was def a penalty, but going bat ***** crazy makes him look like such a douche. It's no wonder everyone can't stand him. I've seen people in Boston complain about him. Read the comments. Most hated announcer in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

McDavid with a BS elbow in the Oilers 0-4 lose to Canadians.

https://www.sportsnet.ca

lol any other player and everything the announcers say/their entire tone is completely different. That's the definition of an attempt to injure headshot. The league punishes the result and not the act though, and it's McD, so nothing will come of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

anybody see the big scrum at end of Rangers Caps Tuesday? Good old Tom Wilson needless to say is the instigator. Boy these teams play with passion..

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/capitals-tom-wilson-freaks-out-at-rangers-bench-after-empty-netter-seals-loss-042632276.html

Poor sport. Rangers smoked em so he got sad. 

• Like (+1) 1