COVID-19

Indabuff

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think you might be.

There was a movie called Idiocracy in which people drank a sports drink called "Brawndo" because "it's got electrolytes" instead of water.  They also attempted to irrigate crops with the same stuff, which didn't work and led to famine.  The joke that Short Term Charisma is making is that we can't come up with natural vaccines so we will use ones made with Brawndo instead.  The joke that Brawndo is making is a play on his username.

Like, ch-yeah, duh, who doesn't know this?

FTR, I thought it was a paper towel reference.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:37 PM, drnkirishone said:

The majority of them are not anti-vax and anti-mask because they are losing control or status. It is because a certain power group is telling them to be anti-vax and anti-mask. it is a self-built wedge issue built upon a fringe element.

2 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Gonna be so great hearing the excuse shift to well the fda is just rubber stamping it and the approval doesn't mean anything

I am just so sick of the bravo sierra coming from these talking heads. You're right: there is a pattern with all of them. They're trying to connect imaginary dots, and they're making fools out of themselves in the process. Even worse, some of them who claim to be Christians are taking things to an unnecessary extreme. Granted, I know I'm not perfect, and I'm not going to say that I'm better than them for not buying into their narrative. However, common sense and about 30+ years of studies in the Scriptures have convinced me to take some other things into account that they don't appear to be considering - and that's why I took the vaccine.

Having said that, stupid can't be fixed. https://www.wkrn.com/news/conservative-talk-show-host-phil-valentine-dies-after-covid-19-battle/

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been getting posts like this from my niece, who is an icu nurse, during the entire pandemic.

I know that the media gets dumped on for a lot of bs reasons, but if there was a failure by them, it was in telling this story.

The right has treated our health care workers as poorly as the left treated returning Vietnam vets. And there will probably be just as much PTSD to deal with.

FE5271D7-E5F6-4829-848E-6C9951CB73A3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

A coworker of mine is on the Ivermectin bandwagon.

I also have a coworker that self medicated with Ivermectin.  He caught covid over the winter.  I hadn’t heard of it at that time.

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They're going to end up killing someone and nothing will be done about it.

I'm really trying to understand how this kind of stuff could be protected under the Constitution. At some point you have to hold these "news" outlets accountable as public health risks. There are limits to protected speech and doing this kind of thing seems like it would meet the criteria for not being protected.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’ve been getting posts like this from my niece, who is an icu nurse, during the entire pandemic.

I know that the media gets dumped on for a lot of bs reasons, but if there was a failure by them, it was in telling this story.

The right has treated our health care workers as poorly as the left treated returning Vietnam vets. And there will probably be just as much PTSD to deal with.

FE5271D7-E5F6-4829-848E-6C9951CB73A3.jpeg

I won't lie, this whole "hero" phrase has grown tiresome along my cohort of coworkers, we signed up for this field and pandemics are always a possibility. Just like when I was sent overseas in the military, that was always a possibility when I enlisted. I wasn't a hero then and I'm not now. I'm just a person that works in a field that crushes your soul most days. Instead of calling us heroes, just give us free coffee and more days off, we'll call it even 😊

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I won't lie, this whole "hero" phrase has grown tiresome along my cohort of coworkers, we signed up for this field and pandemics are always a possibility. Just like when I was sent overseas in the military, that was always a possibility when I enlisted. I wasn't a hero then and I'm not now. I'm just a person that works in a field that crushes your soul most days. Instead of calling us heroes, just give us free coffee and more days off, we'll call it even 😊

Agreed, never comfortable with the hero phrase. It's our life's work. We chose it,  go in everyday and give 100%....and yes, a cup of joe and a couple days off would be great!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I'm really trying to understand how this kind of stuff could be protected under the Constitution. At some point you have to hold these "news" outlets accountable as public health risks. There are limits to protected speech and doing this kind of thing seems like it would meet the criteria for not being protected.

People have the constitutional right to be stupid. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Being stupid is one thing, a news outlet inciting people to poison themselves is a significant step beyond.

There are a lot of insane and crazy things said and promoted coming from a variety of outlets. You can't control the content of all outlets. A little common sense and intelligence goes a long way. I don't wish anyone any misfortune, especially when it comes to health. But when you do something as hazardous as taking animal vitamins you are doing it to yourself. Again, I'm not wishing anyone any bad consequences but this type of moronic behavior is self-afflicted. In this case ignorance can be deadly.  

• Like (+1) 1