COVID-19

Indabuff

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I wouldn't count on that, I have several colleagues that are upset by this. Sure they're the overall minority but they're out there. 

For example, during flu season we have the option of showing proof of flu vaccination or we have to wear a mask during the season (pre-covid, of course) but now what, either get the shot or lose your job? 

For a reference point 81% of Kaleida Health’s 1A Employees, direct contact with patients, are vaccinated.

I know that both Catholic and Kaleida Health are waiting for final guidelines from the NYS Health Department before proceeding 

Edited by Brawndo

21 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Will this still stand with everything going on with Cuomo? 

Not that I'm opposed to it at all

I am, Still think people should be able to choose about this vaccine.    I don't mind vaccines like polio being mandatory, tried and tested for generations.

These ones no thx, even most people just take it because their backs are against the wall with either work or personal life.
But some of the side effects short term are scary, the long term side effects unknown.   So yeah I get why people would pass on this.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I am, Still think people should be able to choose about this vaccine.    I don't mind vaccines like polio being mandatory, tried and tested for generations.

These ones no thx, even most people just take it because their backs are against the wall with either work or personal life.
But some of the side effects short term are scary, the long term side effects unknown.   So yeah I get why people would pass on this.

There are significant, documented long-term effects from getting COVID for many, many people.  To me (and I'd posit, anyone who is sane and rational), that documented evidence strongly outweighs the completely unknown long-term effects of the vaccine.  Not being vaccinated and getting COVID significantly increases your chances of getting very sick and dying, or, if you don't die, having serious long-term side effects.  Getting vaccinated overwhelmingly has been shown to prevent all of this and so far there are close to ZERO documented long-term side effects of the vaccine.  This is not really a choice between two competing options.  Not getting vaccinated - unless you have a serious health issue (like shingles) or some sort of religious objection to vaccinations generally (will save my comments on that for elsewhere) is borderline insane.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Cascade Youth said:

There are significant, documented long-term effects from getting COVID for many, many people.  To me (and I'd post, anyone who is sane and rational), that documented evidence strongly outweighs the completely unknown long-term effects of the vaccine.  Not being vaccinated and getting COVID significantly increases your chances of getting very sick and dying, or, if you don't die, having serious long-term side effects.  Getting vaccinated overwhelmingly has been shown to prevent all of this and so far there are close to ZERO documented long-term side effects of the vaccine.  This is not really a choice between two competing options.  Not getting vaccinated - unless you have a serious health issue (like shingles) or some sort of religious objection to vaccinations generally (will save my comments on that for elsewhere) is borderline insane.

Its one year old this vaccine, you can't use this.   Long term we are talking 10 years.   There is a reason vaccines usually take 10 years to be cleared.

• Like (+1) 1

In most cases that I know the choice not to be vaccinated has nothing to do with that person being 'borderline insane' no matter what the reasoning.  I do not like that people who disagree with other people are refered to as such.  If you agree with me (yes, I am talking to you @Cascade Youth) you are sane and rational, but if you don't you are not.  That is a terrible take, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Its one year old this vaccine, you can't use this.   Long term we are talking 10 years.   There is a reason vaccines usually take 10 years to be cleared.

Again, it’s a choice between:

1.  Documented serious long- and short-term health risks, including death, if you don’t get the vaccine.

vs.

2. The possibility - so far completely undocumented, not actually experienced by like anyone - of long-term side effects from a species of vaccine that has been used for decades (albeit not this specific vaccine).

There is only one choice - unless you discount all of the science and go with your “gut” telling you that the risks of getting COVID without being vaccinated are being overblown/politicized.  If that’s the case, just say so.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

In most cases that I know the choice not to be vaccinated has nothing to do with that person being 'borderline insane' no matter what the reasoning.  I do not like that people who disagree with other people are refered to as such.  If you agree with me (yes, I am talking to you @Cascade Youth) you are sane and rational, but if you don't you are not.  That is a terrible take, IMO.

You may not like it.  But vaccines like this one have been proven safe and effective for decades.  The risk of dying or having serious long-term health effects from COVID are real and documented.  There is no good reason for a healthy individual (other than religious objection) to decline vaccination.  NONE.  This should not even be debated.

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Again, it’s a choice between:

1.  Documented serious long- and short-term health risks, including death, if you don’t get the vaccine.

vs.

2. The possibility - so far completely undocumented, not actually experienced by like anyone - of long-term side effects from a species of vaccine that has been used for decades (albeit not this specific vaccine).

There is only one choice - unless you discount all of the science and go with your “gut” telling you that the risks of getting COVID without being vaccinated are being overblown/politicized.  If that’s the case, just say so.

You may not like it.  But vaccines like this one have been proven safe and effective for decades.  The risk of dying or having serious long-term health effects from COVID are real and documented.  There is no good reason for a healthy individual (other than religious objection) to decline vaccination.  NONE.  This should not even be debated.

How are there documented long-term serious health issues with COVID?  It has not been around long enough.

The vast majority of people who get it recover.  The death rates that we know about in the developed world stand at about 2%.  The vast majority of those people had underlying health issues to begin with.  The deaths are tragic.  Don't get me wrong.

Bottom line is ... I am young (relatively speaking) and the risk of the unproven and rushed vaccines scare me more than COVID. 

I have family that have been severly affected by taking vaccines in the past, so I am reluctant, especially when I do not see a big problem in getting COVID.  I am avoiding COVID as much as possible by doing the things that I was asked to do before the vaccines came out ... isolating as much as possible (this is easy for me, I admit ... I work from a home office and Zoom and electronic data exchange are easy for me to do as a CPA), wearing masks and physical distancing, which I was doing before COVID.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How are there documented long-term serious health issues with COVID?  It has not been around long enough.

The vast majority of people who get it recover.  The death rates that we know about in the developed world stand at about 2%.  The vast majority of those people had underlying health issues to begin with.  The deaths are tragic.  Don't get me wrong.

Bottom line is ... I am young (relatively speaking) and the risk of the unproven and rushed vaccines scare me more than COVID. 

I have family that have been severly affected by taking vaccines in the past, so I am reluctant, especially when I do not see a big problem in getting COVID.  I am avoiding COVID as much as possible by doing the things that I was asked to do before the vaccines came out ... isolating as much as possible (this is easy for me, I admit ... I work from a home office and Zoom and electronic data exchange are easy for me to do as a CPA), wearing masks and physical distancing, which I was doing before COVID.

you don't see a big problem in getting covid? Have you spoken to those who have gotten it and recovered? 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

you don't see a big problem in getting covid? Have you spoken to those who have gotten it and recovered? 

Yes.  The vast majority said it was like a very bad cold, some not even.  Others said the they didn't even know they had it.  One friend did spend considerable time in hospital and it was very bad.  She had blood clot issues in her lungs, but she is not sure if they were from the COVID, or the treatment.  They developed while in hospital for treatment long after her other COVID symptoms were gone.

Another friend who is a doctor in Europe got COVID as he was a front line doctor in the COVID ward at the main hospital in Novi Sad (Serbia).  He had issues, but has recovered, but it take considerable time.  He has tested for the anti-bodies and yet the authorities there are trying to force him to have the vaccine.  He can't get an answer as to why.  So far, they have not forced him.  This tells me that something else is going on with the push to vaccinate.

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

It’s just unbelievable.

I am done with this *****

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yes.  The vast majority said it was like a very bad cold, some not even.  Others said the they didn't even know they had it.  One friend did spend considerable time in hospital and it was very bad.  She had blood clot issues in her lungs, but she is not sure if they were from the COVID, or the treatment.  They developed while in hospital for treatment long after her other COVID symptoms were gone.

Another friend who is a doctor in Europe got COVID as he was a front line doctor in the COVID ward at the main hospital in Novi Sad (Serbia).  He had issues, but has recovered, but it take considerable time.  He has tested for the anti-bodies and yet the authorities there are trying to force him to have the vaccine.  He can't get an answer as to why.  So far, they have not forced him.  This tells me that something else is going on with the push to vaccinate.

ok, that's fair but I read some people are concerned about possible long term effects of the vaccine but not the possible long term effects of getting the virus. 

I think the push to vaccinate has to do with the fact that virtually everyone in the ICU of hospitals in the US are unvaccinated

1 minute ago, nucci said:

ok, that's fair but I read some people are concerned about possible long term effects of the vaccine but not the possible long term effects of getting the virus. 

I think the push to vaccinate has to do with the fact that virtually everyone in the ICU of hospitals in the US are unvaccinated

I am considering both and for me the possible affects of COVID are not as risky.

That said, and to your second point ... if you are not getting vaccinated you must not run around as if you are invinsible.  That is risky behavior.  If you are not vaccinated you must mask and go out as little as possible and be prepared to live a shelterd life, at least for now and until we see that the COVID thing has calmed down, which may not happen, because as long as the developed world are getting vaccinated and the others are not it will remain a problem.

Last thing I will say on this is that I don't understand the backlash from the vaccinated against the un-vaccinated and saying that we are / will spread COVID.  If you are vaccinated what are you worried about?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am considering both and for me the possible affects of COVID are not as risky.

That said, and to your second point ... if you are not getting vaccinated you must not run around as if you are invinsible.  That is risky behavior.  If you are not vaccinated you must mask and go out as little as possible and be prepared to live a shelterd life, at least for now and until we see that the COVID thing has calmed down, which may not happen, because as long as the developed world are getting vaccinated and the others are not it will remain a problem.

Last thing I will say on this is that I don't understand the backlash from the vaccinated against the un-vaccinated and saying that we are / will spread COVID.  If you are vaccinated what are you worried about?

The problem here is the the unvaccinated are running around like they are invincible.

I can still get the virus although the effects will be reduced. I'm worried about the unvaccinated continuing to spread the virus as hospitals in a few states can no longer accept sick people and life will never return to any type of normal. To me that's selfish and irresponsible

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I'm not worried. I just see pictures of unvaccinated people I work with out in bars and clubs filled with people and nobody wearing a mask. It pisses me of that when these selfish pricks (IMO) get covid, and they will, they will get two weeks of payed time off, and I will have to pick up their slack at work. 

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not as risky based on what?  I know multiple - many - people who got COVID pre-vaccine availability and have all kinds of serious lingering issues as a result.  What are you basing your risk assessment on?  It’s not actual science and data, it seems.

As for “what are you worried about” - I’m worried about my kids, first, who aren’t eligible for the vaccine, and second, for potential mutations caused by the virus staying in circulation because of millions of people making the same ridiculously bad calculation that you’ve been making.

Humans are just hurtling toward extinction.  Vaccines are a singular achievement in human history and they’re being squandered and politicized by folks who choose their “gut” over science.  It’s sad but seems to be inevitable at this point - we’re done.  This is the beginning of the Series Finale.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Not as risky based on what?  I know multiple - many - people who got COVID pre-vaccine availability and have all kinds of serious lingering issues as a result.  What are you basing your risk assessment on?  It’s not actual science and data, it seems.

As for “what are you worried about” - I’m worried about my kids, first, who aren’t eligible for the vaccine, and second, for potential mutations caused by the virus staying in circulation because of millions of people making the same ridiculously bad calculation that you’ve been making.

Humans are just hurtling toward extinction.  Vaccines are a singular achievement in human history and they’re being squandered and politicized by folks who choose their “gut” over science.  It’s sad but seems to be inevitable at this point - we’re done.  This is the beginning of the Series Finale.

What a sad post this is. 

I'm done here.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Also limit your workouts first two weeks after vaccine, over here 3 young cyclists had severe heart complications after taking vaccine.

Doctors now advice not to do heavy workouts first two weeks after vaccine.

All vaxes, or just A-Z?

25 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

for potential mutations caused by the virus staying in circulation because of millions of people making the same ridiculously bad calculation that you’ve been making.

There are billions of people around the world with little to no access to the vaccines, regardless of what first world anti-vaxxers do.

39 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't understand this at all.

I'm starting to lose friends over this issue.

One of them posted a shared meme on his FB page. It had a guy wearing an outdoor car seat belt, and that it was designed for people who wear masks in their cars when they're the sole occupants. I'd had enough, and I gave him my two cents since we'd already had this discussion before. For him to claim to be a Christian, I said that it was way over the top and certainly not a Christ-like example. People develop habits over time, and this made a mockery of them. I further said that I'm normally civil in my disagreements, but not this time. Then I closed by saying, "THIS IS BULLSH1T!!!"

He promptly unfriendly me.

Needless to say, his home state now has no ICU beds left.

1 hour ago, FogBat said:

I'm starting to lose friends over this issue.

One of them posted a shared meme on his FB page. It had a guy wearing an outdoor car seat belt, and that it was designed for people who wear masks in their cars when they're the sole occupants. I'd had enough, and I gave him my two cents since we'd already had this discussion before. For him to claim to be a Christian, I said that it was way over the top and certainly not a Christ-like example. People develop habits over time, and this made a mockery of them. I further said that I'm normally civil in my disagreements, but not this time. Then I closed by saying, "THIS IS BULLSH1T!!!"

He promptly unfriendly me.

Needless to say, his home state now has no ICU beds left.

Lol, I think people get way to worked up about discussing this, and stay away from facebook , the most toxic place on the internet.

4 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't share your opinions regarding vaccines, but you seem like a good dude, always respectful and courteous to others. I think it sucks that people are piling on you because you don't share their views. You had to know it would happen though, so props to you. 

• Thanks (+1) 1