COVID-19

Indabuff

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

That is all perfectly understandable, except everything you have conveyed here suggests that you are perfroming your risk/benefit judgement using demonstrably false information, and choosing to not recalculate when more accurate information is being provided.

It's more based on my particular situation now.  I don't have to do risky behviour ever.  I rarely venture into town and when I do it is as safely as possible.  COVID is not very serious here right now.  So, based on that I am in a position that I can wait a bit.  I have not had a face to face meeting in well over a year.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hold strong @New Scotland (NS) no one can make you get poked (at least not yet anyways) 

You aren't some idiot Twitter-head who doesn't want it because they're BS vegan and they think there's bacon in the shot. You have rational and reasonable objections, and those shouldn't be discounted by all the other lay-persons on the planet. 

Seems we have quite a few virologists, microbiologists and epidemiologists here on SS

You know I was a vegan ... ha!!

Thanks.  I am not some crazy anti-vaxxer.  I am just in a position that I can wait.  Only because I work from a home office and everyone of my clients can do stuff by Zoom and we can exchange information electronically.  That has been encouraged even before COVID.

21 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's more based on my particular situation now.  I don't have to do risky behviour ever.  I rarely venture into town and when I do it is as safely as possible.  COVID is not very serious here right now.  So, based on that I am in a position that I can wait a bit.  I have not had a face to face meeting in well over a year.

Unlike most people I know who won't get the vaccine, you sound like you are taking pretty much every cautious step you can.  I appreciate that.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sorry, guys, I'm still on the fence.

Nothing against you guys or anyone else.  Just being careful and waiting a bit longer.  I am in a situation and position in my life that I do not feel that is have to rush into something.  The vaccine is readily available here in NS and if I call today I can have the vaccine tomorrow and then again in a month, or so.

I am generally pro-vaccine, but am being cautious.  I am at a point in my life that I do not need to go out and do stuff like I used to.  I don't even want to.  The risk of me getting COVID are small.  The chance of me transmitting it to anyone are even smaller.  

For me it's a risk / benefit analysis like anything else in life.  Right now the risk of COVID is less than the benefit of the vaccine for me.  That could change tomorrow, or the next day.

those who can't iphytrutvtwc GIF by truTV

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hold strong @New Scotland (NS) no one can make you get poked (at least not yet anyways) 

You aren't some idiot Twitter-head who doesn't want it because they're BS vegan and they think there's bacon in the shot. You have rational and reasonable objections, and those shouldn't be discounted by all the other lay-persons on the planet. 

Seems we have quite a few virologists, microbiologists and epidemiologists here on SS

How can it be rational if it's not based on facts?

Your superiority complex is laughable.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I hate this take.

We knew that my daughter had health issues early on, so we decided to split up the MMR shot. She had her first seizure in the week following the Mumps shot. After the measels shot, I watched her flap her arms and spin around in circles for three days, and then she got the measels (we kept the doctor's report,... actually, we have binders full of all of her doctors' reports). We decided to skip the rubella shot (risk/reward.)

When we decided to use marijuana when her seizure meds stopped working, I read GW Pharma's patent application among others to figure out the best way to prepare it for her, to get the benefits without getting her high, and then to get her high to deal with her behaviors.

We didn't go into giving her this vaccine lightly or without a fair bit of research. It's not that hard to understand scientific concepts without getting as granular as a virologist.

Risk/reward. Even with her history, we chose to give it to her. Our decision was based on facts.

She had zero reaction to it.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Noone is judging him for not getting poked, they are correcting bad information he is basing his own judgement on.  It's kind of absurd that a medical doctor is cheering on someone using conspiracy theories to base their decision. 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

And that makes much more sense than the incorrect reasons mentioned earlier.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

Noone is judging him for not getting poked, they are correcting bad information he is basing his own judgement on.  It's kind of absurd that a medical doctor is cheering on someone using conspiracy theories to base their decision. 

And that makes much more sense than the incorrect reasons mentioned earlier.

I never once mentioned conspiracy theories as an advocate for people not getting the vaccine, I do however believe that people are allowed a choice in the matter. I give my patients plain out facts when asked, and NS has very good personal reasons to not take it. 

Don't go twisting my words 

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I never once mentioned conspiracy theories as an advocate for people not getting the vaccine, I do however believe that people are allowed a choice in the matter. I give my patients plain out facts when asked, and NS has very good personal reasons to not take it. 

Don't go twisting my words 

The entire context of the conversation was around false info that NS was using to justify his position.  It's not twisting your words if you jumped in without getting the context first.

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was around NS saying he has personal hesitations with close contacts having reactions, also with not going out much, the other stuff I had no comment on. 

The last 3 pages were almost entirely conversation about NS's reasons and debunking of the info behind those reasons.  I don't know how you can separate them in this conversation.  Must be a weird part of the ignore feature I never knew existed.

Edited by Weave

Sorry guys for taking us down a strange path.

I do have some concerns about the science and I do have first hand knowledge of bad stuff happening due to this and other vaccines, but that is not my driving point on not getting vaccinated now.

I am in a position in life and work that I am very safe from COVID, so I can wait for a while and just see what happens.  This could change tomorrow, or the next day, but probably not for a while.  Eventually, this situation will most likely change and when it does I can decide to have the vaccine and get the process started the next day.

For the record, again, I am not a crazed anti-vaxxer.  I do have concerns, but not crazy stuff.  I also am going to do more research into this and talk with my doctor again.  The first time I did was not a good experience.  She is very good, but is extremely pro-vaccine, which is understandable and fine, but she should not be playing hard ball with me.  I still do have a choice in all this.

42 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was around NS saying he has personal hesitations with close contacts having reactions, also with not going out much, the other stuff I had no comment on. 

Not getting a vaccine because someone you know had a reaction is the definition of irrational. And... it wasn't even the Covid vaccine.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not getting a vaccine because someone you know had a reaction is the definition of irrational. And... it wasn't even the Covid vaccine.

It's the definition of being cautious, and thinking before reacting. Something this country doesn't excel at. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

For the record, again, I am not a crazed anti-vaxxer.  I do have concerns, but not crazy stuff.  I also am going to do more research into this and talk with my doctor again.  The first time I did was not a good experience.  She is very good, but is extremely pro-vaccine, which is understandable and fine, but she should not be playing hard ball with me.  I still do have a choice in all this.

for the record the crazy anti-vaxxer do not consider themselves crazy anti-vaxxers. They consider us the crazy sheeple that are being experimented on and fed calming agents thru chemtrails.

Not saying you are a crazy anti-vaxxer..... but no one says they have crazy reasons for being against vaccines

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

for the record the crazy anti-vaxxer do not consider themselves crazy anti-vaxxers. They consider us the crazy sheeple that are being experimented on and fed calming agents thru chemtrails.

Not saying you are a crazy anti-vaxxer..... but no one says they have crazy reasons for being against vaccines

I am begging the G-men to up the dosage 

• Haha (+1) 4

Welp, just found out that one of my daughter's DSPs tested positive. Second person in her unit. We were supposed to drive down to see her tomorrow with her 81 year old grandma for her 17th birthday. Not sure what we're going to do now. Fehk!

• Sad 2