GDT: Los Angeles at Buffalo, Dec. 21, 2019, 1pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

Well, they needed a win, and they got one, at home against a bottom-dweller, despite starting poorly.

Montour had the least ice time of all the Dmen, with 11.  Erod had the least among the forwards, with 6.

3 games under DeLuca .500.  They need to string together some wins, including on the road, and show up from the opening faceoff if they are going to do so, especially in the home-and-home vs Boston next week.

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

JBOT gets his share of blame for his moves, but the Lazar one was a good one for depth and versatility.

We're back, back in the New York groove.

I’ll give him Lazar but really, bringing in 4th liners is routine.  He traded ROR for junk. He had a second off season to recover and did little.  He has totally overrated, and subsequently hurt Mittelstadt’s development.  

We are sitting here with 8, 9 or 10  defenseman that could play but no 2C, no 3C, and a weak middle 6. Our third line is minor league caliber.  His free agent “backup goalie” has lost 10 straight and gives up 4 goals a game routinely.   That is all on JBOT.  So far he has not earned an extension. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

When Larry is healthy he needs to take ERod's spot.

Skinner -Larry-Vesey

Is that what we want out of $9M Skinner?  He's young; I want him with a center who can set him up.  He obviously doesn't create.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Is that what we want out of $9M Skinner?  He's young; I want him with a center who can set him up.  He obviously doesn't create.

Heck no.

But barring a trade that will be the best he's going to get.

ERod/Sheary are an even worse option. But that's just my opinion. It's seems it's not a good opinion considering that Kruger continues to play him with ERod and or Sheary.

Aside from Ullmark, who was great, I don't think we were much better than the night before. LA was dead tired and without Linus we lose. Great to win, but not impressed.

Lazar isn't great, but he's better than E-Rod and imo he should stay over E-Rod. I like his effort and compared to some of our guys he's got more grit. Keep him up and send E-Rod down. 

Bogo isn't playing physical and so he sucks. I don't know if he's afraid of a re-injury but he's only any good if he's hitting and being physical and this season he has done virtually none of that. My guess is he's not really what he was after the last surgery. 

10 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Put him with Johansson and Asplund.

That's fine.

I think we are splitting hairs here in the difference between our  line options.

The main point is Lazar is a very nice fit on the 4th line that gets third line minutes.

We could get a very good *other* line if Larry gets a complimentary wing set.

That play by Bogosian to, for no reason at all, ring the puck up the wall from below the goal line on LA's second goal is troubling me. Just tie the puck up. There was no out. I won't even express in words where my suspicious mind takes me. At the least, he'd sit the next game.

22 hours ago, grinreaper said:

Reminded me of this scene from Bull Durham:

DmxP5fBUwAEMDhd.jpg

As I typed out that sentence... that is exactly the scene I had in mind.  In fact, I was trying to find a way to write that scene in such a way that it would apply to hockey.  ?

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That play by Bogosian to, for no reason at all, ring the puck up the wall from below the goal line on LA's second goal is troubling me. Just tie the puck up. There was no out. I won't even express in words where my suspicious mind takes me. At the least, he'd sit the next game.

He also had a collision with a teammate that stifled a rush, and missed a couple of passes sent back to him at the blue line in the offensive zone.  I'm not one of the Bogosian haters, but this was not his best game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.