EDIT Bogosian Requests Trade, Now EROD wants One As Well

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

That could void his contract, as he would be in breach of contract for failing to report, no?

I think the Sabres had someone like this (Linus, Berglund?) in the recent years. Contract was voided. It may or not be the best way to go. It depends on how big of a locker room problem he is. Addition by subtraction. 

Does this turd really believe playing will make a difference? Does he really think the rest of the NHL will ever see him as anything other than an injury-prone, low hockey-IQ, 3rd overall draft bust? Regardless of playing time, his NHL career trajectory is 2 or 3 more years max as a third-pair defenseman at the vet minimum. Just enjoy the $6-million-per-year you stole from the Sabres, Zach, relax in the warm confines of the press box for the next few months, and STFU until the coach calls your name you piece of ***** Tank Era locker room cancer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Does this turd really believe playing will make a difference? Does he really think the rest of the NHL will ever see him as anything other than an injury-prone, low hockey-IQ, 3rd overall draft bust? Regardless of playing time, his NHL career trajectory is 2 or 3 more years max as a third-pair defenseman at the vet minimum. Just enjoy the $6-million-per-year you stole from the Sabres, Zach, relax in the warm confines of the press box for the next few months, and STFU until the coach calls your name you piece of ***** Tank Era locker room cancer.

Dude. 

What is Bogo worth?

We want a middle six forward, but is he worth one?  Doubtful.

Is he worth a 3rd or 4th round pick and a prospect? Maybe.

Does his salary being gone  in a trade for a bag of pucks have any value?  Probably the most we're going to get.

Edited by woods-racer

I could see a GM valuing  Bogo anywhere between a 4th round pick ... all the way up to a 3rd pairing Dman solid NHLer in trade. Given his age, injury history and the salary he’s most likely asking for .... he’s not worth anything significant. I wonder if a team would risk any longer than a 2 year deal on him when he does sign his next contract. Unless the price is very beneficial to the cap. 

6 hours ago, kas23 said:

If he’s not traded, we’re going to eat his salary anyways. Might as well get rid of one of the last Tank vestiges and be done with it. I guess the other question is if he is waived, not claimed, and refuses to report to Rochester, what happens?

I don’t see him getting waived.  No point in waiving him since we have room for his salary and we might need him.     Much more likely he goes for a player of even cap value, or in a package of assets with even cap value.   

On 12/14/2019 at 4:48 AM, steveoath said:

This statement:  "The players decide what their ice time and their roles are as a team. Not I." in Buffalo Sabres culture is long overdue and very welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

This statement:  "The players decide what their ice time and their roles are as a team. Not I." in Buffalo Sabres culture is long overdue and very welcome. 

I love RK's entire statement. Basically, it reads "We're all here to do a job, I have nothing personal against anyone, but haven't the time for hissy-fits either - Next question?"

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Every contract is a bad contract when they under perform or get injured.

Not sure how you ever escape that. Even if the GM is right 99% of the time.

You don't. Ever team has them. I don't agree with the injured part of this but there's probably a player on every team that under-performs in contrast to contract. The thing that helps is getting players to over-perform. Okposo isn't worth 6mil but Olofsson is certainly worth more than 767k.  They in some ways cancel out. The trick is to make sure that balance is skewed towards guy on value deals. 

I would like to note that Botterill was saddled with Okposo when he got here so can't do much about that. It is interesting that after this season, Botterill will have just the Okposo contract under the bad side of the ledger. I will also say that Okposo isn't worth 6mil but at least he is contributing in his role and helping us win games. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't. Ever team has them. I don't agree with the injured part of this but there's probably a player on every team that under-performs in contrast to contract. The thing that helps is getting players to over-perform. Okposo isn't worth 6mil but Olofsson is certainly worth more than 767k.  They in some ways cancel out. The trick is to make sure that balance is skewed towards guy on value deals. 

I would like to note that Botterill was saddled with Okposo when he got here so can't do much about that. It is interesting that after this season, Botterill will have just the Okposo contract under the bad side of the ledger. I will also say that Okposo isn't worth 6mil but at least he is contributing in his role and helping us win games. 

I agree, but this is why we need to be mindful of the type of contracts, term and $, that we give out to the Larssons of the world and need to make sure we maintain a deep farm system to be able to restock as we move on from certain players to remain cap compliant. 

I respect Jbot for looking for value deals like MoJo’s and even Vesey’s to enhance the team, stay under the cap and build roster flexibility longterm.

7 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Is he wrong?

No but it is only 5 mill per season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.