Eleven

Around the NHL 2019-20

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't really pay close enough attention to those things but I guess I was going off some bad old info that isn't true. I thought it went back through Walt. I guess somebody once told me (or I read somewhere) that Keith was Walt's grandson or son and thus I thought Matt and Brady had dual citizenship. Oops. My bad. 

If their mom is from Winnipeg as someone else previously stated there's a pretty decent chance they are dual citizens.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Good Lord. Since when is hitting the guy with the puck taking yourself out of position?

I really hate this line of thinking. I also hate watching most of our team play defense. This whole getting in shooting lanes and getting in passing lanes is such crap. That's what you have to do on the PK. 5v5, put a body on a body and see if the other team can score.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ex-nhl-players-insiders-defend-zack-kassian-and-blast-matt-tkachuks-dangerous-plays

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/former-nhl-referee-refers-to-actions-of-matt-tkachuk-provocateur-who-turtles

https://oilersnation.com/2020/01/14/kassian-id-do-it-again/

There's another one that didn't paste correctly.

10 hours ago, Curt said:

He hit the guy with the puck.  How is that taking himself out of position?

Please see my response to Swamp.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

That has never once happened to me.

*border

Nor I;  It happens coming back, not going over.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

FTR, I don't think Zach should be facing a hearing, either. As far as I'm concerned, there were two clean hits, Zach was pissed about having been gotten the better of, so he willingly took 4 minutes for putting a beatdown on someone.

Game on. it's over.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

You do know that Canadians are also American. 

"American" is the demonym for the US.  Just like "Canadian" is the demonym for Canada and "Mexican" is for the United States of Mexico--and yes, that is the English name of that country.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

FTR, I don't think Zach should be facing a hearing, either. As far as I'm concerned, there were two clean hits, Zach was pissed about having been gotten the better of, so he willingly took 4 minutes for putting a beatdown on someone.

Game on. it's over.

Those were not clean hits, swamp.  Those were Kaleta hits.  Deal.

"American" is the demonym for the US.  Just like "Canadian" is the demonym for Canada and "Mexican" is for the United States of Mexico--and yes, that is the English name of that country.

Those were not clean hits, swamp.  Those were Kaleta hits.  Deal.

I disagree. It's still legal (thankfully) to hit the guy with the puck.

EDIT: Another FTR. FTR, a lot of Kaleta's hit's were legal, but because he was "Kaleta" they were deemed to not be so. It's BS.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I disagree. It's still legal (thankfully) to hit the guy with the puck.

It isn't legal in that manner, and you need to look at Rule 42.  There is nothing in there about "the guy with the puck."  

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It isn't, and you need to look at Rule 42.  There is nothing in there about "the guy with the puck."  

Dude, you sound like a lawyer right now. He hit the guy with the puck. Period. He has to skate toward him in order for that to happen, no? Are we to start making calls based on how far the guy skated to engage with the puck carrier if he happened to hit him before he stole the puck?

I love hitting in sports. If I'm forced to watch bag skate games like tonight against Vegas, I will gouge my eyes out.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dude, you sound like a lawyer right now. He hit the guy with the puck. Period. He has to skate toward him in order for that to happen, no? Are we to start making calls based on how far the guy skated to engage with the puck carrier if he happened to hit him before he stole the puck?

I love hitting in sports. If I'm forced to watch bag skate games like tonight against Vegas, I will gouge my eyes out.

I still AM a lawyer!  Of course I sound like one!  It's not like I stopped being a lawyer.  I keep my license current.

I gave you quotes from three experts, one of whom is a Hall-of-Famer, all of whom think the hits (plural) were dirty.  You and I never played in the NHL.  I'll take the words of the guys who did.

Edited by Eleven

12 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I still AM a lawyer!  Of course I sound like one!  It's not like I stopped being a lawyer.  I keep my license current.

I gave you quotes from three experts, one of whom is a Hall-of-Famer, all of whom think the hits (plural) were dirty.  You and I never played in the NHL.  I'll take the words of the guys who did.

Nothing I saw on those links has changed my mind. I'd take Tkachuk on my team tomorrow.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Nothing I saw on those links has changed my mind. I'd take Tkachuk on my team tomorrow.

So would I.  I liked Barnaby, too.

They still were dirty hits.

Whatever.

Edited by Eleven

So would I.  I liked Barnaby, too.

They still were dirty hits.

Whatever.

They weren't as dirty as Zack wants us to think they were.

4 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

Have you ever gone across the boarder saying you’re American. The Canadians get pissy about it.  

Not only that, but when asked "do you have anything to declare" responded back with "yes, Canada sucks."  (It was a REALLY bad day.) The border guard laughed and waived us through.  (Of course that was coming back into 'Merica; never dumb enough to say anything other than "US" when asked heading the other way.  Though a friend did answer to the "do you have any alcohol, tobacco, or firearms to declare" question "no more than we can use today."  Got a chuckle and a wave through.  Probably helped that she was smoking hot.)

I loved that Tkachuk / Kassian sequence.  That's how hockey used to be played, with emotion and guys genuinely not liking eachother hitting one and other purely to intimidate and flaunt their machismo.    Boy that hockey was fun to watch... and play!

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

I did and then had my car searched 

I’m thinking it had to do with something else.

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I loved that Tkachuk / Kassian sequence.  That's how hockey used to be played, with emotion and guys genuinely not liking eachother hitting one and other purely to intimidate and flaunt their machismo.    Boy that hockey was fun to watch... and play!

Even Kassian said as much... big boy hockey.

• Like (+1) 2

So Philly just keeps on winning as they beat Boston then st louis. Any chance of catching 8th is a pipedream unfortunately 

Edited by CallawaySabres
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Well that's awkward.

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How so?

All-Star coach canned before he gets to coach in the All-Star game.

Edited by Tondas

Just now, Tondas said:

All-Star coached canned before he gets to coach in the All-Star game.

Thought you meant about Tocchet being the replacement

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Thought you meant about Tocchet being the replacement

I was hoping there was some juicy backstory that I was unaware of. I’m just going to assume Tocchet kicked his puppy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was hoping there was some juicy backstory that I was unaware of. I’m just going to assume Tocchet kicked his puppy.

That's a euphemism, right?