Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

The 2019 Stanley Cup Final. St Louis vs Boston

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Bruins given 4 straight PP's......Kraft musta sent a check to the NHL

Actually, the Bruins are owned by Jeremy Jacobs, a life long Buffalo guy.  He must get a lot of pissed off looks from his neighbors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tondas said:

Actually, the Bruins are owned by Jeremy Jacobs, a life long Buffalo guy.  He must get a lot of pissed off looks from his neighbors. 

 

Yeah I know, I was just relating to how so many people say Kraft pays off the officials in the NFL. 

On a side note, the post season in the NHL is a totally different animal than the regular season. Watching these teams pound on each other makes me think, the Sabres as they are now, would get absolutely trucked in the playoffs. I hope Botts and Ralphie are paying close attention.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, that's a heckuva goal right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

 

Yeah I know, I was just relating to how so many people say Kraft pays off the officials in the NFL. 

On a side note, the post season in the NHL is a totally different animal than the regular season. Watching these teams pound on each other makes me think, the Sabres as they are now, would get absolutely trucked in the playoffs. I hope Botts and Ralphie are paying close attention.

Maybe.  Kind of like Finland at the IIHF WHC, selfless ensemble play makes a whole team better than the sum of its parts and players find something in themselves that no one else knew.  Some nameless D becomes Brian Campbell.  A career 4th liner turns into Mike Peca.  The HOF playmaker becomes a ferocious checker because he's covering defencively for Gretzky and Lafleur.  Among others, I think Okposo-Larsson-Girgensons would thrive in an extended playoff run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My God Buffalo would not last five minutes in a Stanley Cup Final. They would all be in the hospital by the end of period 1

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

My God Buffalo would not last five minutes in a Stanley Cup Final. They would all be in the hospital by the end of period 1

 

Yup!!   20 guys would start the night in Sabres uniforms, and 7 or 8 of them would end the night in hospital gowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

 

Yup!!   20 guys would start the night in Sabres uniforms, and 7 or 8 of them would end the night in hospital gowns.

They'd be fine. The officials wouldn't let them play 5 on 5 but they'd be tough enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Bruins look like a great team 

Yep, and they don't call any penalties against them. The Cup is theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yep, and they don't call any penalties against them. The Cup is theirs.

As long as Jacobs is running things, they never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

My God Buffalo would not last five minutes in a Stanley Cup Final. They would all be in the hospital by the end of period 1

I'm hoping that little guy we signed has some of the fire and balls Krug has. Don't care who you want to win, you all have to admire that run he took after being mugged, that's passion!!!!

I don't want O'Reilly to win. Lost his love for the game losing got it back when his new team was winning.......rubs me the wrong way. F him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blues ran out of legs after first and they took stupid penalties.  The extra games could be a factor.  

Sure , the refs missed calls on Boston, but the Blues get into doldrums when then don’t generate offense for long stretches.  They need to dig deeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

 

Yeah I know, I was just relating to how so many people say Kraft pays off the officials in the NFL. 

On a side note, the post season in the NHL is a totally different animal than the regular season. Watching these teams pound on each other makes me think, the Sabres as they are now, would get absolutely trucked in the playoffs. I hope Botts and Ralphie are paying close attention.

Not sure why you (and many others) think this.  There is not a single player on either the Blues or Bruins roster that played this way in the regular season. The way the game is played in the playoffs is entirely different.  There's no reason to think that there would be no change in the way the Sabres play.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late on my prediction, I know. Bruins in 5 or less. I'd like to think the Blues could maybe win a single game, but I don't know. History isn't on their side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To borrow a phrase, the Bruins are an absolute wagon.

The Blues need to get right, or they're gonna get swept.

p.s. I watched a little more than half the game. I guess I didn't see the blatant missed/bad calls. What I know is that the Blues got absolutely trucked starting with the second period.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

To borrow a phrase, the Bruins are an absolute wagon.

The Blues need to get right, or they're gonna get swept.

p.s. I watched a little more than half the game. I guess I didn't see the blatant missed/bad calls. What I know is that the Blues got absolutely trucked starting with the second period.

Bruins game plan: 1. Don't let Tarasenko get wide open 10 foot shots off of turnovers. 2. Change nothing else.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

To borrow a phrase, the Bruins are an absolute wagon.

The Blues need to get right, or they're gonna get swept.

p.s. I watched a little more than half the game. I guess I didn't see the blatant missed/bad calls. What I know is that the Blues got absolutely trucked starting with the second period.

The only missed calls that I can recall  was Chara chopping the stick out of Bozak's hands right at the start of a Blues PP.  The refs let that go, would have been a 5 on 3 PP for awhile.  The game was 2-2 at the time.

There were a few ticky-tack calls on the Blues.  Overall the Blues went to sleep in the 2nd period and blew a 2 goal lead on the road. 

Lets see if Berube can get them to dig deeper.  They need to  play much better to win.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd watch, but I'd have to mute Doc. As much as I have praised him over the years, he's just too over the top now for whatever reason. I, not the Sabres, would be in the hospital after one period. I know he's charged with turning on the country to hockey, but, dude, just chillax. Two minutes into Game One is not Game Seven overtime.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

East >

Indeed.

The thought of any Boston team, let alone the Bruins, winning another championship is nauseating. However, the Bruins should give us all hope. I know they were starting from a better point, but they have basically zilch to show for Seguin and Hamilton, and botched an entire draft...and they're still in the Cup. I mean, DeBrusk is a nice player, but a 40-point winger isn't exactly something to crow about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ubkev said:

Late on my prediction, I know. Bruins in 5 or less. I'd like to think the Blues could maybe win a single game, but I don't know. History isn't on their side.

Coaching may not be on their side either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...