Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zamboni

NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Bruce Boudreau will remain in Minnesota per Fenton 

 

There goes my number 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

There goes my number 1

He was never available, so he didn't actually go anywhere.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the suggestion on the instigator podcast of McLellan with Gronborg as assistant.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

There goes my number 1

All your hopes flushed away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steveoath said:

I liked the suggestion on the instigator podcast of McLellan with Gronborg as assistant.

They and the Half Hour Hockey Show both brought up the point that the next hire almost has to be someone with head coaching experience to steady the ship. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They and the Half Hour Hockey Show both brought up the point that the next hire almost has to be someone with head coaching experience to steady the ship. 

AV! AV! AV!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another idea I've been ruminating over. If Botts ends up bringing up Taylor. Would you give Gronborg a call for Amerks HC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Another idea I've been ruminating over. If Botts ends up bringing up Taylor. Would you give Gronborg a call for Amerks HC?

Hmm... yes.  I think it would be that or as an assistant for Taylor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I'm fine with McLellan 

Is he your #2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Keefe or the Crunch guy for me 

i like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Sabres getting close?

I have no time to follow along on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are the Sabres getting close?

I have no time to follow along on this.

I would bet sometime between 1-3 weeks

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Hmm... yes.  I think it would be that or as an assistant for Taylor 

Make Gorde Dinnen Amerks coach then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AV or DJ Smith for me.  I could live with Keefe too.

Edited by Derrico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of note: AV was just named the head coach of Team Canada. Botterill is one of the GMs of Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Keefe is available I recommend we go get him ASAP. If he can't win here then it will almost certainly be because management failed him. If given the right tools and listened too he will deliver the goods. Dude has won everywhere. I watched him coach up close in Junior hockey and his team won league title 5 times in a row. Then he moved to the OHL and won. Then to the AHL and won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Derrico said:

AV or DJ Smith for me.  I could live with Keefe too.

Is that the Crunch guy? I believe you were one of the firsts to advocate for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Is that the Crunch guy? I believe you were one of the firsts to advocate for him

Leafs assistant coach.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Is that the Crunch guy? I believe you were one of the firsts to advocate for him

No hes the leafs assistant coach and previous CHL head coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been several remarks on the board that JBot would like Steve Smith to stay on the staff.  Any chance Smith interviews for the job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...