NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

37 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Precisely. Life is stressful enough. Coaching is an area where there simply isn't enough data available to fans for us to actually know anything.

I'll continue to think it's a useless exercise to get worked up over candidates.

It's definitely a huge moment for the franchise but see above.

On the other hand, arguing with incomplete information is so American it may as well have been in the Declaration of Independence!

Maybe specific candidates are hard to evaluate, but I do think it's interesting to see what different people value in general.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

On the other hand, arguing with incomplete information is so American it may as well have been in the Declaration of Independence!

Maybe specific candidates are hard to evaluate, but I do think it's interesting to see what different people value in general.

I definitely check this thread often to see what people think and say about certain candidates, but I giggle whenever someone shows any sort of excessive angst.

51 minutes ago, WildCard said:

McKenzie tweeted out that we have 3 people on our list. I'm assuming McLellan was one, AV likely another, and the 3rd is a mystery 

Why? It sounds like he lost his NYR job because he wasn't good at developing a young roster. 

26 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I looked it up and McKenzie never tweeted this.

Yeah I can't find it. I've searched all the TSN tweets, wgr tweets, 31 thoughts articles...nothing. Maybe I'm miss-remembering, but I could have sworn the phrase 3-4 candidates was thrown out there

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why? It sounds like he lost his NYR job because he wasn't good at developing a young roster. 

Experience guy who took two different teams to the Cup would be my guess

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah I can't find it. I've searched all the TSN tweets, wgr tweets, 31 thoughts articles...nothing. Maybe I'm miss-remembering, but I could have sworn the phrase 3-4 candidates was thrown out there

Experience guy who took two different teams to the Cup would be my guess

He said McLellan was “one of a number” of candidates for Buffalo.

Maybe somebody else out there put a number on it? Either way my guess is the candidate list is long than that.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

That was essentially what Dave Maloney said on GR.

Which is interesting, because Kesler, Bieksa, Edler and Burrows sure blossomed under his watch in Vancouver, as did the Sedins, although they were mid-20s by then.

I’m not sure what young guys AV mishandled with the Rangers either. The young guys when he arrived were Kreider, Hayes, McDonough, Skjei and Miller. They seemed to develop just fine. Zibanejad got better this year with him gone, but he’s not a kid any more. Vesey? Buchnevich? Who were the kids Maloney is talking about?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

GR had guy on who  said this. Of course Simon immediately crossed AV off list. Rivet on Instigators seemed to pew,pew it. Said he liked him as  coach. 

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Yep.  Talking heads are going to taking head. Show me some real examples to back it up.

20 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Marty Biron said AV only coach he hates. Everyone else has said he is more of a Marv Levy type delegator who leans on his veterans.

Nail in coffin would seem to be questions about his communication abilities since that seems to be a big thing with JBOT.

It's a moot point now with him going to Philly, but one thing I had thought about is his year away from the game. How many of the top end coaches actually take a year off after being fired? Boudreau, Trotz, Laviolette, Julien...all those guys were unemployed for like 3 microseconds. The Dan Bylsma's of the world are the ones who take time off because they're not actually that highly in demand.