GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30p EST NBCSN

MattPie

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Hhhhmmmm ...

Lamb ... yummy!!

Haha, told you not Ullmark. That was larceny by Hutton. 

Ok I will say Tage did not look bad on the 4th line although I still Bergland was better and more calm at some of those key times.. A little too much standing around and backing up showing too much respect for Tampa.  I would say they stole this one playing that way.

They better get back to playing on their toes instead of their heels on this upcoming trip. Curious when Ullmark will get his next game Definitely one of the back to backs I'm guessing Hutton gets next start , ullmark the 2nd of the two and Hutton back in for Pgh.

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

As someone who only saw the last two periods, so take this post with a grain of salt (my eyes for the first period told me that they played well), I can't say that this is true. But the Sabres beat the better (than every other team in the league IMO) team tonight. 

What made the difference IMO, was that the Sabres buckled down, and made good defensive decisions when they needed to. Enough can not be said about Hutton. Yes, Tampa was the better team, but my point was that the Sabres didn't fall apart, and they did it as a team.

They were the better team when it counted; they won the small battles along the boards, etc. When they needed it most.

I don't believe it was all luck.

I hope that clarify's what I was trying to say.

Edited by hockeyhound
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Ok I will say Tage did not look bad on the 4th line although I still Bergland was better and more calm at some of those key times.. A little too much standing around and backing up showing too much respect for Tampa.  I would say they stole this one playing that way.

Not that there's a high standard, but easily Tage's best game of the year.  He played much better than any other game this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.