GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30p EST NBCSN

MattPie

They got hemmed in their zone too much and were poor on possession.  In a series, the Sabres would get blasted by TB.  We won, but the "resilience" thing is empty.  They still need a winger for the Skinner-Eichel line and a D man who can bring the heavy yet be responsible.

4 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

image.thumb.png.8f5322aea8afda66e44413280b812c26.png

I am enjoying see this, been a long time since we been relevant... 

Jesus, the Atlantic division is on fire. 

Also, I got random congrats on the Sabres' return to relevance today from two strangers in two separate incidents. In Oklahoma. 

it's always fun to wear my Buffalo sports gear

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's never a bad thing to play poorly and still win.

Bodes well for when you get your shizz together.

They were outplayed early, showing too much respect to the best teamin the league to this point, then dominated the last 7 minutes of the 1st.  They started the 2nd strong, then fell back on their heels after the quick response goal.

Overall  thought they weren't outplayed in the 3rd nearly as badly as I'd expected them to be.

They found a way to beat the best team in the league.  They didn't play poorly.  That Tampa team WILL create chances against even the best in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

When the Sabres are the better team than Tampa Bay for more than 75% of a game, both teams rested, the Sabres will be current cup contenders. 

They've beaten Tampa in games like this recently, to be honest. I think I even remember an identical 2-1 game in Buffalo last season. These ones balance out losing stinkers like in Ottawa.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ... said:

They got hemmed in their zone too much and were poor on possession.  In a series, the Sabres would get blasted by TB.  We won, but the "resilience" thing is empty.  They still need a winger for the Skinner-Eichel line and a D man who can bring the heavy yet be responsible.

They'd absolutely lose a 7 game series to these guys.  But, they held the highest scoring team in the league to 1 goal & gave the Bolts their only losing streak of the season to date.

Just now, Taro T said:

They'd absolutely lose a 7 game series to these guys.  But, they held the highest scoring team in the league to 1 goal & gave the Bolts their only losing streak of the season to date.

I'm sorry.  I like the win, but this win has shown us where the team is at.  The Sabres can be for real this season, but JBotts has some work to do.  I want them to be serious contenders for a two round run.

5 minutes ago, ... said:

31st last year.

Snapshot as of now 7th in the league.

Pretty good change in 18 games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.