GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30p EST NBCSN

MattPie

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Filed under least suprising news ever: Mike Milbury loves himself some Tom Wilson. 

That thing with Wilson is a play I don't like in the game. I don't like players "going hard to the net" when you know full well their hope is that they'll get away with wrecking the goalie. You know Wilson wants that crash to happen. The defender trying to defend shouldn't be responsible for players going to the net with reckless abandon. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

That thing with Wilson is a play I don't like in the game. I don't like players "going hard to the net" when you know full well their hope is that they'll get away with wrecking the goalie. You know Wilson wants that crash to happen. The defender trying to defend shouldn't be responsible for players going to the net with reckless abandon. 

Yeah, I'm with you.  He totally took a free shot at the goalie.  The goal was ancillary.  

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Yeah, I'm with you.  He totally took a free shot at the goalie.  The goal was ancillary.  

People will say "oh, he was just trying to score". But I know that's not true. I know Tom Wilson likes to hurt people. So when he's going to the net like that he's thinking there's a 50/50 chance he scores or gets leaned on just enough to go flying into the goalie, and either outcome is great for him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.