Evander Kane sued for allegedly coercing woman into having abortions

Ho-Chi-Sock

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The thread title is misleading and should be changed.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

RIGHT!?!?!?! It is alleged but the title makes it sound like it definitely happened. 

It's the coerced part that is misleading.  I think that's what PA means, too.

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Idk sounds like the girl from the Kavanaugh case (I don't follow politics). 

I am the person here that may defend E Kane the least, just from the info I know from a couple of years ago that I cannot speak of (we already had that issues once) and I am positive that he's not Mr innocent

But with that being said, I am skeptical of these females coming out looking for home run dollars when the timing looks ripe. 

It'll be interesting to see what pans out 

The situations aren't even remotely comparable. I won't derail this thread, but I'll happily explain in a PM if you'd like.

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I really like Kane as a player and I have no idea if these allegations are true, but there's no doubt that he has a history of off-the-ice drama that has now followed him to a third team.  The Sabres are trying to build a new culture and I agree that it was the right decision to move on from Kane and to actually get something for him.  They now have removed the Kane drama from their environment, they have acquired a 1st round pick (and a good player for Rochester), and have freed up cap space to spend on others, such as Skinner.  I am in favor of how the team handled the situation.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

It's the coerced part that is misleading.  I think that's what PA means, too.

Perhaps she was coerced in that if she had the baby then Kane would NOT pay her the money? ?

I was not yet over the edge on the whole "Kane is a bad guy" thing but it only was going to take one more "where there's smoke..." incident to put me there. 

I'm there. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Wait for it...

That video made me so happy. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Sakman said:

Perhaps she was coerced in that if she had the baby then Kane would NOT pay her the money?

Well, that ain't coercion. That's a transactional choice.

Agreed that "coercion" is probably not the right word, although I didn't read the complaint so I'm not really sure.

• nfreeman changed the title to Evander Kane sued for allegedly coercing woman into having abortions

Actually I'm quite pleasantly surprised by how this thread has gone considering my comments (not worded the best, with some ignorance on my part) good job SS. 

@TrueBlueGEDI actually would like to hear your thoughts on that via PM as honestly I'm very out of the loop on it.

Either way I am still interested in seeing the outcome of this once the facts are out in the open. 

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Either way I am still interested in seeing the outcome of this once the facts are out in the open. 

I suspect you'll be disappointed. This has all the hallmarks of something that'll be resolved behind closed doors (one way or another) which will allow people to steer into whatever prejudices[0] they already had.

[0] that's 'little-p' prejudices, not a race thing; things like "stars get preyed upon", "athletes are womanizing jerks", etc.

I hate this kind of garbage spills over into our great game. The woman apparently values money more than her child so why not put your name out there? Maybe someone will corroborate your story. If true they are both scumbags for putting money over life. Not like he isn’t financially capable or old enough. If false, she needs mental help and to get a hobby.

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I suspect you'll be disappointed. This has all the hallmarks of something that'll be resolved behind closed doors (one way or another) which will allow people to steer into whatever prejudices[0] they already had.

[0] that's 'little-p' prejudices, not a race thing; things like "stars get preyed upon", "athletes are womanizing jerks", etc

Sadly, I think you are correct, this may be a settlement outside of court or one that just goes away, allowing the public to allow the mind to wander. 

9 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

IDGAF whether the allegations are true or not. They exist.

I'm so glad this guy is as far away as possible from this team.

I care whether or not they are. I still believe in the concept of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. And you don't have to be a rich, good-looking man who regularly frequents bars and night clubs in order to meet gold diggers or women with borderline personality disorder. Those kinds of women are everywhere. And I'm not suggesting this accuser is one of those types of women. Or that Kane is innocent. 

Whether or not it's true, accusing Kane of questionable judgement is fair game here. If all of the accusations are true and just settled out of court (which we can't know), I lose much respect for Kane (who I've been a big fan of).

If none of the accusations are true, it still calls into question his judgement and the people he chooses to associate with. Anyone can be the victim of an opportunist person, but to have it happen over and over again, even if all accusations are false... come on, dude, find better people to be around.

1 hour ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

I care whether or not they are. I still believe in the concept of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. And you don't have to be a rich, good-looking man who regularly frequents bars and night clubs in order to meet gold diggers or women with borderline personality disorder. Those kinds of women are everywhere. And I'm not suggesting this accuser is one of those types of women. Or that Kane is innocent. 

Sure thing.

3 hours ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

Me too.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sure thing.

Are you being sarcastic?  I hope not.

We need to separate our presumptions accordingly from criminal to civil. The bar is lower, as are the stakes for someone of EK's stature.  He's not innocent unless the evidence puts the case beyond reasonable doubt.  The bar here is: is it more likely than not that the alleged contract was made and then breached.  Again, i have previously noted that there's a whole lot of crazy going on here one way or the other.  I'm in lined to believe it's very much on the EK side, but have no solid evidence /proof to present, hut let's see how it goes....

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Are you being sarcastic?

I surely am. Sorry to disappoint.

I’m a sports fan with an informed take on a player. This isn’t a criminal court of law, FFS.

I concluded some time ago that he’s a low hockey IQ drag on a team, and a bad guy to boot. And here we are with another story about a lawsuit - this one with oddly specific allegations - about this guy.

Yep. I’m good.

10 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

We need to separate our presumptions accordingly from criminal to civil. The bar is lower, as are the stakes for someone of EK's stature.  He's not innocent unless the evidence puts the case beyond reasonable doubt.  The bar here is: is it more likely than not that the alleged contract was made and then breached.  Again, i have previously noted that there's a whole lot of crazy going on here one way or the other.  I'm in lined to believe it's very much on the EK side, but have no solid evidence /proof to present, hut let's see how it goes....

Here’s my bar as a sports fan: Is he a net positive player? Is he a bad guy?

No. Yes.

19 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Mr. Sock,

Tear down this thread.

I spent minutes, LITERALLY MINUTES, fretting over the proper wording of this. Wanted to include what the [BN] had at the time, enough juice to promote a civic dialouge, and enough ambiguity to promote the concept of innocent before hung jury.

I'm innocent I tell ya. I'm just a humble newsman. Just speaking the facts. Fair and balanced. Don't shoot the messenger. All the news that's fit to print. Tippiecanoe and tyler 2 electric boogaloo.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/2/2018 at 12:28 AM, PerreaultForever said:

San Jose is barely in a wild card spot. With Karlsson added they were expected to be a cup contender.

This may not continue, but it's interesting to me to see if the "problems" elevate their new teams or not. So far not. 

Talk about way too early take...last time i checked playoffs dont start for several months.

In a league of oh I dunno 900 players, its kind of telling that this bad smell keeps following Evander around. Why is that ? Maybe he is a piece of shite ? Rarely do you hear of any other player with this particular type of problem continually dogging them. Sure you hear of the odd guy with domestic abuse probs  or players with drinking probs and the like but the female probs just don't seem to surface as much as they do with Evander. Where there's smoke ...

15 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Talk about way too early take...last time i checked playoffs dont start for several months.

I did say "this may not continue."  It's an interesting thing to look at as we are vastly improved without Kane and O'Reilly. St. Louis is way below expectations at this point. See how it unfolds, but it's interesting. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.