Sabres Trade Nick Baptiste to Nashville for D man Jack Dougherty

Brawndo

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Nelson didn’t establish himself until 26.  Dougherty is 22.  

We have no RHD prospects other then Borgen.  Dahlin, Pilut, Hickey and Guhle are all LHD

I did not know this, or just never realized it.

Botterill is what has been missing in Rochester for a long time, a GM in Buffalo that wants a solid farm and works towards achieving it..

9 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Grosek for Dumont (and some garbage)!

Number 93..Dougie Gilmour. That was a steal of a trade. One of my favorite trades of all time.  Dumont was a very solid player. Losing him at arbitration was the first step in decimating the Sabres after theyre 2 really good seasons in the mid 2000's

1 hour ago, stenbaro said:

Number 93..Dougie Gilmour. That was a steal of a trade. One of my favorite trades of all time.  Dumont was a very solid player. Losing him at arbitration was the first step in decimating the Sabres after theyre 2 really good seasons in the mid 2000's

Huh?  He left the Sabs in like 01 or something and he was well retired before those great mid-2000s seasons.

2 hours ago, stenbaro said:

What made that trade even better was Chicago retained salary on Gilmour too.

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Dumont left in summer 2006, after Buffalo refused to pay what he was awarded in arbitration...

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

... he was on the 2005-06 team. Played on a top line. 

34 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

He also didn’t retire until what? 2012?

I'm sorry--I was responding to the Gilmour part and not the Dumont part!  My fault.

4 hours ago, stenbaro said:

That would be the garbage in question, yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, N S said:

The second, of only 2, Sabres that ever quit on the team.

Eh, I'd say he's the third of three, Mogilny didn't exactly cover himself in glory in his way out the door...  but if I leave everyone on this board with one impression of me, I do hope it's my Captain Ahab-level hatred of Dougie Garbage.  To the last, I grapple with him.  From the bowels of hell, I stab at him.  For hate's sake I shall spit out my last breath at him.... 

His mailing it in coupled with Darcy's bungling the Peca situation cost the Sabres a cup in 2001, and I will not be convinced otherwise.  

11 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Eh, I'd say he's the third of three, Mogilny didn't exactly cover himself in glory in his way out the door...  but if I leave everyone on this board with one impression of me, I do hope it's my Captain Ahab-level hatred of Dougie Garbage.  To the last, I grapple with him.  From the bowels of hell, I stab at him.  For hate's sake I shall spit out my last breath at him.... 

His mailing it in coupled with Darcy's bungling the Peca situation cost the Sabres a cup in 2001, and I will not be convinced otherwise.  

I hear you about Mogilny, but IMO he never quit on the team on the ice.  He was upset that the Sabres were cheap , sure.

Edited by N S
filter ... a$$es

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.