Eichel switching to #9 (OFFICIAL)

Hoss

Eichel changes to 9  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which number do you prefer for Eichel?

1 hour ago, LTS said:

It really depends on the position and type of work.  I can absolutely understand the scenario you describe.  My job is more nuanced than that so having full flexibility is awesome.  Of course some salaried positions are terribly abused.  That's why there is legislation to force employers to pay overtime to salaried employees in certain scenarios.  

The odds are good that regardless of what they do there will be a significant enough contingent that hates it.  I'm not sure any team has universally won the uniform design battle.

Definitely. When a certain somebody took office they actually rescinded those higher income limits to require overtime but a lot of companies (including my girlfriend's employer, Dunkin Donuts) kept them in place even though they didn't have to.

I've always personally preferred being hourly based on the jobs I've worked but back in college I used to load trucks for a Budweiser wholesaler and it was the best of both worlds. We got paid hourly and made time and a half for anything over 40 hours a week, but if we managed to get the job done in less than 40 hours that week, they still paid us for the full 40.

1 minute ago, Alkoholist said:

I'd trade our guy for Rob Ford, even though he's dead.

Ford's brother, Doug, who is pretty much Rob's twin in most respects is the newly minted Premier of Ontario, which is perfect, as they deserve what they get.

Not to derail this thread any further, but Doug Ford is often viewed as Canada's Trump.

5 minutes ago, N S said:

Ford's brother, Doug, who is pretty much Rob's twin in most respects is the newly minted Premier of Ontario, which is perfect, as they deserve what they get.

Not to derail this thread any further, but Doug Ford is often viewed as Canada's Trump.

I'll take Doug Ford then. Especially if he's got the same crack habit that his brother did.

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Perhaps this is influenced by my bubble, but I'm willing to bet a majority of fans in Sabredom would embrace the return to Royal Blue and there would only be a small subset of belly achers.

The team has tried, and failed, so many times as Jersey redesigns. They've been trying to fix something that hasn't been broke since the mid-90s. If they do it right, it won't be so much of selling the fanbase on a new desing, rather a return to what's right.

I also think a 3rd alternate Goathead in the red and black would be pretty damn cool as well.

See, the Royal might be okay.  But you know they won't just go back to Royal... and then you throw in your last line and already I've a problem with it.  I completely despised those uniforms.. 

I think it's basically a guarantee they go back to royal in 2020, but I hope it's not just a straight rip of their original uniforms. They're beautiful, but they're "boring." Modernize it a bit, but let's hope they don't it up.

The first jerseys they've done with adidas have been good (the Winter Classic and finally dropping the piping/pits from the home/roads).

8 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Perhaps this is influenced by my bubble, but I'm willing to bet a majority of fans in Sabredom would embrace the return to Royal Blue and there would only be a small subset of belly achers.

The team has tried, and failed, so many times as Jersey redesigns. They've been trying to fix something that hasn't been broke since the mid-90s. If they do it right, it won't be so much of selling the fanbase on a new desing, rather a return to what's right.

I also think a 3rd alternate Goathead in the red and black would be pretty damn cool as well.

So close.  Make that b&g & you've got a winner.  

Not to beat a dead horse, but people didn't much like it being mentioned by posters that Jack's stick was too long during his first two seasons.

Here's Jack on the subject: "I tend to use a longer one... For me I've made my stick a little bit shorter, the few years that I've played in the NHL, just because the game happens so quickly, people are always getting sticks on you, and sticks on the puck, so to have it a little tighter to your body is, I think, a little more beneficial."

*Whistles as I drop this quote and keep walking*

9 hours ago, WildCard said:

Some things in life really are as simple as you think they are. For the Sabres organization, going back to the original royal blues is right there next to drafting Dahlin in terms of no brainers

Royal blue is obvious, but there will still be debates over font and striping. 

19 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but people didn't much like it being mentioned by posters that Jack's stick was too long during his first two seasons.

Here's Jack on the subject: "I tend to use a longer one... For me I've made my stick a little bit shorter, the few years that I've played in the NHL, just because the game happens so quickly, people are always getting sticks on you, and sticks on the puck, so to have it a little tighter to your body is, I think, a little more beneficial."

*Whistles as I drop this quote and keep walking*

Wonder if this is part of the reason why his shot accuracy seemed so erratic last season. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Tip of the hat to those who said his stick was too long.

Just the tip?

On 7/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Lots of people in this thread have spoken to the issue of his changing his number. And everyone, and I think I mean everyone (other than you), who has spoken to the issue has said that it's unremarkable. Hence my proffered correction above.

You're entitled to your theory, of course. It's just that, IMO, it's a wackadoo theory.

Uh, yeah, no. I have an opinion about his number, not a wackadoo theory. And it's an opinion you might hear if you went outside the SabreSpace, hormonally-coordinated mind hive.

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Just the tip?

Oh, behave.

56 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Uh, yeah, no. I have an opinion about his number, not a wackadoo theory. 

If I may: Your opinion is that the number-change is strange, odd, that it indicates some sort of problem or issue, and/or that it is worrisome -- yes?

So, there's gotta be a theory underlying that opinion. What is your theory? Or, what are your theories?

58 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And it's an opinion you might hear if you went outside the SabreSpace, hormonally-coordinated mind hive.

[Hushed, awed, vaguely mid-southern/Appalachian child's voice]: You bin out there, Uncle PA? ... Whuss it like?

And, please, do hit us up with a link.

One last thing: You really can go sh1t in your hat with that "mind hive" stuff. Lotsa smart people on here. We often disagree in all sorts of varying combinations. People can think for themselves. Just because an opinion of yours finds no purchase doesn't mean that everyone is falling in line with group-think.

And I'll add: I think there's a chance that Eichel as the chosen one and face of the franchise may prove to be a fundamentally flawed hero. We'll see. I just don't think that changing a number has anything to do with anything.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:
21 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

So close.  Make that b&g & you've got a winner.  

I like the idea of the Alternates being radically different from the normal sweaters, variety being the spicy of life and all. I wouldn't want royal blue home/away and royal blue goat heads.

Since every team has a retro fetish, maybe the new alts for next season could be a throwback to the old Buffalo Bison pepsi cap logo (although i'm sure there's licensing rights that'd pose an issue(nothing pegula bucks can't handle)).

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Just the tip?

Uh, yeah, no. I have an opinion about his number, not a wackadoo theory. And it's an opinion you might hear if you went outside the SabreSpace, hormonally-coordinated mind hive.

That's funny.

This thread is kinda all over the place and I've lost track. Can you boiler plate your opinion on Eichel's number change for me one more time?

Keep in mind, once I found out that Ryan Miller's number before Buffalo was actually 39 and he took 30 for obvious reasons, my first thought was,"Damn, I wonder if he would have been better for us if he could have worn 39." 

I like Jack more with 9 than 15, it has more of a star vibe to it. These guys can be so superstitious that it may be better mentally to have their little ducks in a row.

Down the road some Lindros type phenom may change his number every year to generate news and speculation. Of course he will get a cut of sweater sales in his contract.

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

One last thing: You really can go sh1t in your hat with that "mind hive" stuff. Lotsa smart people on here. We often disagree in all sorts of varying combinations. People can think for themselves. Just because an opinion of yours finds no purchase doesn't mean that everyone is falling in line with group-think.

And I'll add: I think there's a chance that Eichel as the chosen one and face of the franchise may prove to be a fundamentally flawed hero. We'll see. I just don't think that changing a number has anything to do with anything.

Always a component of a well-spun tale. I'll still root for the man.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.