Eichel switching to #9 (OFFICIAL)

Hoss

Eichel changes to 9  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which number do you prefer for Eichel?

Just now, LTS said:

Of course you also get paid for an 8 hour shift if you work 10 as well.

Now just imagine a scenario where the best workers in the company all get together and work a couple extra days without getting paid for it.  At the same time, all the crappy workers get to sit at home, already having pocketed their pay.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shrader said:

Now just imagine a scenario where the best workers in the company all get together and work a couple extra days without getting paid for it.  At the same time, all the crappy workers get to sit at home, already having pocketed their pay.

That discussion is happening in The Oval Office.  ?

43 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

17 friggin pages for this. No way in hell I'm wading through 17 pages. 

Can't blame you for that.

In general, when I jump into a thread like this one on page 16 or 17 or whatever, I almost never review what's been stated upthread. 

For my own part, I've enjoyed the banter. I mean, it's July, after all.

Edited by That Aud Smell

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Don't think I could ever go back to hourly.

It really depends on the employer and how everything is set up. My girlfriend got switched to hourly and it was the best thing that could have happened for her. She's a store manager so before she got switched they overworked the hell out of her, dragged their feet allowing her to promote shift leaders, and all kinds of messed up stuff.

Went salary, made a bit more annually but my hourly wage went downhill big time.

I know I'm late with this but I just came back from vacation. As for Eichel taking #9, I think it SUCKS to high heaven. I now have 3 Sabre jerseys, a #15 Eichel a #9 Kane and a #90 ROR. WTF happened these past few months???

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jsb said:

Went salary, made a bit more annually but my hourly wage went downhill big time.

I know I'm late with this but I just came back from vacation. As for Eichel taking #9, I think it SUCKS to high heaven. I now have 3 Sabre jerseys, a #15 Eichel a #9 Kane and a #90 ROR. WTF happened these past few months???

You better trade in the Eich for a Bogo and hope that the pattern holds ... ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jsb said:

Don't you DARE buy a Casey Mittelstadt jersey or I will personally hunt you down and cut your taint.

Just kidding (sort of).

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jsb said:

I'm starting to appreciate my Reinhart #23 now.  ?

12 minutes ago, jsb said:

$30 at the Sabres to get the Kane jersey switched to a Eichel if you feel like it.

Also, I just picked this up a couple days ago:

8E83625E-DDE3-4286-AED6-2AFAAAA593E6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, jsb said:

You gotta stop buying jerseys of players that aren't 

A) Legends

B) Guarantee to be here for 10+ years

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That is a true point. Well played. Personally I've been waiting for the switch back to the royal blues anyways, so I got kinda lucky

I really hope the Sabres don't furp the 50th anniversary up. The royal blue looks so damn good, it's amazing they've stuck with the navy for so long.

"For our 50th anniversary, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce our new jersey, the Royal Blue TurdBurgers"

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

It really depends on the employer and how everything is set up. My girlfriend got switched to hourly and it was the best thing that could have happened for her. She's a store manager so before she got switched they overworked the hell out of her, dragged their feet allowing her to promote shift leaders, and all kinds of messed up stuff.

It really depends on the position and type of work.  I can absolutely understand the scenario you describe.  My job is more nuanced than that so having full flexibility is awesome.  Of course some salaried positions are terribly abused.  That's why there is legislation to force employers to pay overtime to salaried employees in certain scenarios.  

8 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I really hope the Sabres don't furp the 50th anniversary up. The royal blue looks so damn good, it's amazing they've stuck with the navy for so long.

"For our 50th anniversary, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce our new jersey, the Royal Blue TurdBurgers"

The odds are good that regardless of what they do there will be a significant enough contingent that hates it.  I'm not sure any team has universally won the uniform design battle.

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

The odds are good that regardless of what they do there will be a significant enough contingent that hates it.  I'm not sure any team has universally won the uniform design battle.

Perhaps this is influenced by my bubble, but I'm willing to bet a majority of fans in Sabredom would embrace the return to Royal Blue and there would only be a small subset of belly achers.

The team has tried, and failed, so many times as Jersey redesigns. They've been trying to fix something that hasn't been broke since the mid-90s. If they do it right, it won't be so much of selling the fanbase on a new desing, rather a return to what's right.

I also think a 3rd alternate Goathead in the red and black would be pretty damn cool as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.