Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

34 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Their site shows Sparks and Pickard on the Marlies roster...

http://marlies.ca/roster/335/60

..and some rookie Ian Scott.

Didn't check that website, but considering Sparks is Andersen's backup & Pickard is a Phlyer, fairly certain the website is incorrect.

The 3 you listed were 3 of the 4 goalies the Marlies used last season.  Kaskisuo w/ 1 GP was their other.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

My problem with your philosophy is you have speed v strength. It completely ignores the concept of speed and strength. The league isn't going back to a slow strong league with mediocre skaters, ever. That's dead. 

Everything cycles. Once teams adjust bigger guys will be cool again.

@reporterchris
Gary Bettman confirms what @Sportsnet reported in March: The Vegas Golden Knights won't participate in the expansion draft for Seattle. 

Otherwise, same protection rules remain.

I'm done with expansion teams. They can get bent

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The best part of that? Reports are Seattle won't get the team until 2022, which is a full 5 freaking years after Vegas got theirs. 

Idk where you’re seeing this. The NHL and Seattle officials both publicly stated it will be 2020.

Vegas should definitely be included, though, that’s dumb. They will not get a portion of the expansion fee because of this so at least there’s that.

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Idk where you’re seeing this. The NHL and Seattle officials both publicly stated it will be 2020.

Vegas should definitely be included, though, that’s dumb. They will not get a portion of the expansion fee because of this so at least there’s that.

2021-2022 by the latest, goal of 2020-2021. Unintentionally misleading post on my part

https://mobile.twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1047237781620187138/photo/1

Edited by WildCard

For those of you playing NHL Commissioner the Home Game, the goal of Seattle playing in the 2020-21 season is based on the NHL wanting to have the added value of demonstrated television ratings in a giant US TV market in hand as they negotiate the new TV contract.  The current NBC contract's last season is 2020-21.  But if not, they'll hire analysts to guess at that value (already done?) and go with that.  The "latest" of Seattle playing by 2021-22 is so that the TV contract pays for Seattle for its entire span without any years missing.

Edited by IKnowPhysics
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Any chance they're burying Nylander and Co. in Rochester to protect them from the expansion draft?

I don't think (and someone can correct me) that that matters? If they're in your organization then they're fair game as long as they meet the other requirements. That said, I think he'll still be too young when this expansion draft hits.

43 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Apparently the Edmonton Oilers are playing a game right now against...KOL, part of the Globar Series Challenge? It's on my NHLTV package so I get to watch some hockey while I'm working from home with a cold, which is a bonus.

Kölner Haie.  Pro team in Cologne.