Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Here's the problem I see. Wilson gets 20, well deserved. If a kid in a 14u game does that know how many games he gets? 0. He gets a 2 and a 10 and that's it. Sure, if you accumulate enough minutes over a year you get supplemental discipline, 1 game. You can hit someone like that every other game and never get a suspension at all. Where do we think the Tom Wilson's of the world come from? There are entire youth organizations that pride themselves on being dirty. They flaunt it. I see it at 12u, I saw it at 10u. Nothing happens to the kids or their teams or their parents. Hence they grow up into tom wilsons.

Kids in U14 games get suspended for the season for stuff like that.  What leagues are you watching?

I really thought 10 games.  I'm happy with 20.  There aren't too many players that need to receive "the message" anymore, and three of them (Malkin, Ovechkin, Marchand) score too many goals for the league to GAF, but I'm good with this one on Wilson.

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

4-0 now gotta switch to Toronto Bruins getting embarassed

Continue the beatdown tomorrow, no excuses. Missing their top dman and starting the backup vs us. Jump on them early and bury them.

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Boston getting blown out does not bode well for us 

This excuse does not work anymore around here

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Why not? We could smoke those fools.

They're going to work harder/not take us lightly 

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This excuse does not work anymore around here

It's not an excuse. Boston is really good regardless 

Watching Habs-Leaves.  Can they do anything more to adulterate the rink in Toronto?  With the stupid "NHL FACE OFF 2018" sh!t behind the bluelines (as if we didn't know the season was starting) and ads IN THE F*CKING CORNERS, it looks like a rink in Sweden.  Dammit I am turning into "get off my lawn" guy.

Edited by Eleven

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Watching Habs-Leaves.  Can they do anything more to adulterate the rink in Toronto?  With the stupid "NHL FACE OFF 2018" sh!t behind the bluelines (as if we didn't know the season was starting) and ads IN THE F*CKING CORNERS, it looks like a rink in Sweden.  Dammit I am turning into "get off my lawn" guy.

Na I'm with ya 100%. Guys are already millionaires, let me enjoy the damn sport at least 

• Like (+1) 1

Nice to see Boston showing up on opening night...Caps up 6-0 in 2nd...

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm watching it as well...its been a good game. Montreal looking speedy

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I suppose that, in the coming years, a niche off-brand league could arise that features and promotes the rock-em-sock-em style of play.

Or is that just the ECHL?

Meh. It's gratuitous and has no upside for him or his team. Far better to have kept his yap shut. He may yet receive some pain from someone with a long memory.

McCabe already got him pretty good. 

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Rask done early. Will he go again tomorrow?

Bruins had previously announced Halak as the starter. Maybe that changes now.

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

YOU'RE the waitress?!?!

Like the Blue bear used to say: "did NOT see that coming."

If I do end up on the Jersey beach in the middle of the night, it's probably safe to assume I'll need a lawyer

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Sakman said:

No way. Team is rested from the cancelled practice. 

That’s what you mean want to believe. They spent the day trying to decide on the best Buffalo Pizza, and their stomachs are still trying to digest. Dahlin is up 5 pounds. 

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pettersson's first goal was nuts

Beautiful shot wowie

7 hours ago, darksabre said:

Evander just scored a beauty goal 

He’s tried to nutmeg guys multiple times a game for his entire career and it finally worked.