Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

9 minutes ago, josie said:

Traditional medium plus young and cuter than I ever was- she'll go farther than I ever could

Plus I never have time to paint anymore. Paying the bills and working 3 jobs has taken over actually pursuing what I want to do. PK was the last one I painted... two playoffs ago. I'd be lying if I said I haven't pretty much given up on ever making it with my portraits. 

Never give up, never doubt.  You are crazy talented.  She's just talented.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Personally I like your stuff better. While I won't deny the girl has talent, I think the things, hockey and none hockey, you have showed us have been more creative and visually interesting. 

And this is why I think so... her stuff is very re-creative.. yours is creative.  It takes talent to do both, but it takes just a bit more to create it in your own way.  Kind of like the difference between a cover artist and an original musician. 

12 minutes ago, Hank said:

I know absolutely nothing about your world. Do looks and youth really Trump talent?

And I think it's stupid to think you can act like a douche without being held accountable. 

So holding someone accountable is punching them in face repeatedly? 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In hockey, absolutely. Don't be a douchebag and you don't get punched in the face. That's the lesson, hopefully Eller learned it. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Eller wouldn't have done that obnoxious wave if Bob Probert or Tony Twist was on the BOS bench.   

These are prideful athletes, showing them up when they're having an off night is something that needs to be kept in check.... moving forward Eller will think twice about his celly, which is the way it should be... mission accomplished, players police themselves.

Edited by pi2000

Just now, Hank said:

In hockey, absolutely. Don't be a douchebag and you don't get punched in the face. That's the lesson, hopefully Eller learned it. 

To me, your take is laughable and childish. It absolves the other party of any wrongdoing because "Ellers was being douchie".  That isn't accountability, that is some punk as thug tactics. 

Just now, pi2000 said:

Eller wouldn't have done that obnoxious wave if Bob Probert or Tony Twist was on the BOS bench.   

These are prideful athletes, showing them up when they're having an off night is something that needs to be kept in check. 

showing them up is exactly why Marchand reacted. He couldn't handle getting his $#!t caved in so he responded like a child. "They did something I didn't like and I couldn't handle my emotions so I attacked!" 

9 minutes ago, Hank said:

I know absolutely nothing about your world. Do looks and youth really Trump talent? 

Aw sh!t I had a whole thoughtful reply typed out, went to hit Submit Reply just as an alert for a reply popped up- clicked that instead, and lost it. So i'll try to grab the garbled remnants of my brain here:

In short- it's a visual business. It doesn't hurt to have a catch to keep you in people's minds. Women aren't as common in sports. Women with a great talent, less common. Good looking young women with a great talent are rare, and noteworthy in a market populated by a majority of straight guys. People in general go bonkers over young people with great art. When I was growing up/starting my career, a HUGE selling point I kept getting was "you're SO young omg".  

She's going viral on a bunch of different aggregate sites- and I hope she sticks with it. I am friends with a few other lady hockey artists- we found each other on IG and Twitter when our various pieces took off a bit. It's fun to watch them grow and go through college and such (I'm the old fart of the group haha). Kinda interesting- female artists seem to do the portraits while the men tend to go for design/graphics. Just something I've noticed over time. 

But yeah- being young and attractive won't hurt. Well.. it'll hurt her DMs probably. Her art alone could carry her without those two extra boosts- and she's only going to improve if she keeps at it! But yeah, a marketing person in need of a freelancer would remember a cute young blonde with amazing art over a mid 30s mom with amazing art. Ugly truth bout everything, honestly. 

But more importantly than me feeling my age, genetics, gender and rustiness- I want to point out that PK is really awesome about promoting art- and I really dig that. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

To me, your take is laughable and childish. It absolves the other party of any wrongdoing because "Ellers was being douchie".  That isn't accountability, that is some punk as thug tactics. 

It's also "punk and thug" to show up somebody who's having an off day.    Don't taunt your opponent if you can't handle the repercussions. 

Guess Ellers should wait til the next game and take out Marchand's knees. After all, Ellers got shown up by a guy acting douchie, he should hold that guy accountable. 

Just now, pi2000 said:

It's also "punk and thug" to show up somebody who's having an off day.    Don't taunt your opponent if you can't handle the repercussions. 

Didn't like me using those terms? 

I think your take is that of a snowflake who thinks actions shouldn't have consequences. Let's agree that we see it differently, stop moving down the path of personal attacks, and move on. 

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

I think your take is that of a snowflake who thinks actions shouldn't have consequences. Let's agree that we see it differently, stop moving down the path of personal attacks, and move on. 

No, I don't agree. I think you're wrong. We don't see it differently, because I think the way you are seeing it is a childish way to view it. I have now challenged you, does that mean you should be allowed to punch me in the face? I am snowflake after-all. 

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, josie said:

Aw sh!t I had a whole thoughtful reply typed out, went to hit Submit Reply just as an alert for a reply popped up- clicked that instead, and lost it. So i'll try to grab the garbled remnants of my brain here:

In short- it's a visual business. It doesn't hurt to have a catch to keep you in people's minds. Women aren't as common in sports. Women with a great talent, less common. Good looking young women with a great talent are rare, and noteworthy in a market populated by a majority of straight guys. People in general go bonkers over young people with great art. When I was growing up/starting my career, a HUGE selling point I kept getting was "you're SO young omg".  

She's going viral on a bunch of different aggregate sites- and I hope she sticks with it. I am friends with a few other lady hockey artists- we found each other on IG and Twitter when our various pieces took off a bit. It's fun to watch them grow and go through college and such (I'm the old fart of the group haha). Kinda interesting- female artists seem to do the portraits while the men tend to go for design/graphics. Just something I've noticed over time. 

But yeah- being young and attractive won't hurt. Well.. it'll hurt her DMs probably. Her art alone could carry her without those two extra boosts- and she's only going to improve if she keeps at it! But yeah, a marketing person in need of a freelancer would remember a cute young blonde with amazing art over a mid 30s mom with amazing art. Ugly truth bout everything, honestly. 

But more importantly than me feeling my age, genetics, gender and rustiness- I want to point out that PK is really awesome about promoting art- and I really dig that. 

Josie, you have three gigs and are constantly trying to improve your life. You are the definition of "pull yourself up by your bootstaps".  ?

Marchand acted out. Ellers acted out. One was acting out because he was angry and upset. The other was doing it because he was over excited. You could argue both were being idiots but that doesn't justify Marchand's actions. 

Seriously, why are you trying to keep this going?

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

showing them up is exactly why Marchand reacted. He couldn't handle getting his $#!t caved in so he responded like a child. "They did something I didn't like and I couldn't handle my emotions so I attacked!" 

There's nothing childish about holding somebody accountable for his/her actions.    The only childish behavior was on Eller's part.

There's a code in hockey and Eller crossed the line, so he was rightfully disciplined by a seasoned veteran... end of story.

Just now, pi2000 said:

There's nothing childish about holding somebody accountable for his/her actions.    The only childish behavior was on Eller's part.

There's a code in hockey and Eller crossed the line, so he was rightfully disciplined by a seasoned veteran... end of story.

"HE WAVED AT ME! GET HIM!!!!!!!!!" - Seasoned Veteran, most definitely not a snowflake. 

Hell, Ellers didn't even have time to get both his gloves off but hey, "accountability, cuz actions!" 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Because I am snowflake. I am weak and scared. I don't understand the ways of the world so I must be re-educated. 

This sounds like something my 12 year old son would say tbh. ?

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

"HE WAVED AT ME! GET HIM!!!!!!!!!" - Seasoned Veteran, most definitely not a snowflake. 

In your opinion, what would've been an appropriate response from Boston?    No response at all?  Just let WSH show them up, goal after goal after goal... and just take the taunting?   

It's one thing to celly when the game is tight, but when it's completely out of reach and you're blowing out your opponent, there's no need for it except to taunt your opponent.

Edited by pi2000

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

In your opinion, what would've been an appropriate response from Boston?    No response at all?  Just let WSH show them up, goal after goal after goal... and just take the taunting?   

It's one thing to cell when the game is tight, but when it's completely out of reach and you're blowing out your opponent, there's no need for it except to taunt your opponent.

No need to punch one of your opponents in face repeatedly if you are getting blown out. Doesn't send any message cuz you already lost. 

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Well I am a snowflake, I am not a real adult. I could learn a thing or two from some older people about how to be an adult. For example, if someone taunts you, PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE! 

• Haha (+1) 1

No need to punch one of your opponents in face repeatedly if you are getting blown out. Doesn't send any message cuz you already lost. 

Well I am a snowflake, I am not a real adult. I could learn a thing or two from some older people about how to be an adult. For example, if someone taunts you, PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE! 

Again, what should BOS do in that case?   Or should they just leave it to the refs to call an unsportsmanlike penalty for taunting?  Like the NFL?   That might a good rule change... FOR THE SNOWFLAKE GENERATION BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH..... j/k.  

You take it. You  take it and you set it in a corner of your mind. The next time you play that team, you bring your all. Sorry, snowflake response.... you cry and act out, then ask for a participation trophy. 

Alright I am done now. It has been... something. 

Edited by LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You take it. You  take it and you set it in a corner of your mind. The next time you play that team, you bring your all. Sorry, snowflake response.... you cry and act out, then ask for a participation trophy. 

Alright I am done now. It has been... something. 

That's a fair, and not unreasonable, opinion... btw I never called you a snowflake, I don't think you are one, nor is anybody for that matter... the world is not that black and white IMO, everybody has their own opinion, etc, etc...   I thought this was a good discussion.