Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Waving bye at the other bench now equals douchieness? 

Absolutely. 

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It could be said that Domi was holding Ekblad accountable for his douchiness too.  Motive aside, is there any real difference in the act?

I don't recall what happened with Domi. 

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Ekblad was slashing at his calves IIRC.

I googled the punch but didn't see what led to it so I can't answer your question wrt douchiness. I will say that Ekblads self preservation instincts were lacking. 

39 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't see much of a difference between what Marchand did last night and what Domi did to Ekblad.

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Well after he was jumped though.  And the linesmen weren't as quick to get to him as they were to Ekblad, so maybe he had to defend himself a bit.

I see them as different incidents. Eklad clearly wanted nothing to do with anything, and Domi just popped a guy who'd done nothing to engage or return fire. Eller initially tied up but then took some swings, too -- his second swing took him too far and left him off balance. That's where Marchand capitalized.

Eller is a big guy, presumably strong enough, he could've just tied up and held on. Hugged it out. 

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

I googled the punch but didn't see what led to it so I can't answer your question wrt douchiness. I will say that Ekblads self preservation instincts were lacking. 

Edited by That Aud Smell

3 hours ago, LTS said:

You guys are not going to be happy.....

This tells me they should 100% redo the seats like that.

Also: the ads are fine. They won’t impact us and they’ll be easy to get used to. Not sure how this is an example of a league ignoring the fans. Were there legions of fans screaming not to do this?

28 minutes ago, Hank said:

Marchand held Eller accountable for his douchiness, I like it. A lot. 

We need more celebrating. I’m fine with Marchand going after Eller because that’s a part of the back and forth but Marchand jumped him like a pansy. Let him square up if you want a fair fight (we know Marchand didn’t).

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We need more celebrating. I’m fine with Marchand going after Eller because that’s a part of the back and forth but Marchand jumped him like a pansy. Let him square up if you want a fair fight (we know Marchand didn’t).

Bingo. I am fine with challenging a guy because you didn't like something (although I think when you're getting the sh*t kicked out of you like Boston you should just STFU and play hockey) but Marchand just got mad and pouty and surprised the guy. 

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Speaking of this Marchand/Eller fight... who will drop the mitts for Buffalo?  

Sobotka maybe?   McCabe?    

Those are probably the guys. I think Risto could be a tough out with his strength. 

Thompson certainly has the reach but needs to fill out some. 

Not sure where else to put this... but our @josie has some competition out there.  Show them what you've got Josie!

https://twitter.com/shannonrosssx

This latest one was retweeted by PK and the NHL.

https://twitter.com/shannonrosssx/status/1047182627369885696

DohXB_tXUAE5Y5R.jpg

Well, I am trying to link to the tweet like I did earlier, but this time it's not working.  Whatever.. you get the idea.

Edited by LTS

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

Not sure where else to put this... but our @josie has some competition out there.  Show them what you've got Josie!

https://twitter.com/shannonrosssx

This latest one was retweeted by PK and the NHL.

https://twitter.com/shannonrosssx/status/1047182627369885696

DohXB_tXUAE5Y5R.jpg

Well, I am trying to link to the tweet like I did earlier, but this time it's not working.  Whatever.. you get the idea.

Traditional medium plus young and cuter than I ever was- she'll go farther than I ever could

Plus I never have time to paint anymore. Paying the bills and working 3 jobs has taken over actually pursuing what I want to do. PK was the last one I painted... two playoffs ago. I'd be lying if I said I haven't pretty much given up on ever making it with my portraits. 

Edited by josie

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Completely disagree. Especially considering Marchand's antics throughout the years. 

We can agree to disagree, that's fine. I think you have a problem with the player involved more than the action itself. It inhibits your ability to be objective. I applaud the accountability regardless of the player. 

1 minute ago, Hank said:

We can agree to disagree, that's fine. I think you have a problem with the player involved more than the action itself. It inhibits your ability to be objective. I applaud the accountability regardless of the player. 

No I think it is stupid to think, that you can punch someone in the face because your team was getting the sh## kicked out of it and you got waved at. 

"THAT GUY WAVED AT ME!!!!! TIME TO KICK HIS TEETH IN!!!!! BECAUSE I CAN"T HANDLE MY TEAM LOSING!!!!!!" It's childish baby behavior from anyone. 

Edited by LGR4GM

50 minutes ago, Hoss said:

but Marchand jumped him like a pansy. Let him square up if you want a fair fight (we know Marchand didn’t).

I'm not sure I can reconcile the idea that Marchand both jumped him (a strong, aggressive act) and acted like a pansy. At least in this instance. Marchand definitely went after him with aggression, but Eller saw him coming. Marchand didn't blindside or cold the guy. And after the initial skirmish (which Marchand definitely got the better of as the aggressor), they were tied up. It could have ended there. But Eller elected to take two swings. He chose poorly.

Marchand is a class act and should be the standard that we teach our children to look up to.

You celebrate and hurt an adult millionaires feelings you should be expecting a violent response and attack. The Capitals should have been apologizing to the Bruins after every goal they scored for making them feel bad.

Marchand has always been a kind and loving player on the ice, even kissing players the same way a puppy would kiss someone with their tongue.

If anyone should have a hearing with the NHL, its Eller for scoring!

1 minute ago, josie said:

Traditional medium plus young and cuter than I ever was- she'll go farther than I ever could

Plus I never have time to paint anymore. Paying the bills and working 3 jobs has taken over actually pursuing what I want to do. PK was the last one I painted... two playoffs ago. 

I know absolutely nothing about your world. Do looks and youth really Trump talent?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No I think it is stupid to think, that you can punch someone in the face because your team was getting the sh## kicked out of it and you got waved at. 

And I think it's stupid to think you can act like a douche without being held accountable. 

4 minutes ago, josie said:

Plus I never have time to paint anymore. Paying the bills and working 3 jobs has taken over actually pursuing what I want to do. PK was the last one I painted... two playoffs ago. I'd be lying if I said I haven't pretty much given up on ever making it with my portraits. 

Personally I like your stuff better. While I won't deny the girl has talent, I think the things, hockey and none hockey, you have showed us have been more creative and visually interesting. 

The only way suspension should have been on the table for Marchand was if the instigator penalty was within that window where it is mandated.  Apparently that's not the case since there's chatter as to whether or not a hearing was scheduled.  But even then, they would have rescinded it because only in the NHL can you have something mandatory that isn't mandatory.