Stanley Cup Finals: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

Capitals v Knights - Stanley Cup Finals 2018

Game 1: Capitals @ Knights, 5/28 at 8pm (Monday)

Game 2: Capitals @ Knights, 5/30 at 8pm (Wednesday)

Game 3: Knights @ Capitals, 6/2 at 8pm (Saturday)

Game 4: Knights @ Capitals, 6/4 at 8pm (Monday)

*Game 5: Capitals @ Knights, 6/7 at 8pm (Thursday)

*Game 6: Knights @ Capitals, 6/10 at 8pm (Sunday)

*Game 7: Capitals @ Knights, 6/13 at 8pm (Wednesday) 

*games if needed

Edited by LGR4GM

Go Caps!

My wife has a cousin who lives in that area and is a fan (they were at one point STH for the Caps, not sure if they still are).  Be nice to see their kids cheering a win by their team.

Also, it helps all the Knights haters feel better about themselves.  :)

Despite my strong distaste for DC, I found myself rooting for the Caps last night and will likely do so in the Finals.

Related point:  there is a Caps fan blog with a great (IMHO) name:  "Russian Machine Never Breaks."

Despite my strong distaste for DC, I found myself rooting for the Caps last night and will likely do so in the Finals.

Related point: there is a Caps fan blog with a great (IMHO) name: "Russian Machine Never Breaks."

I believe that’s a quote from Ovi himself.

Edited by Thorny

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ovi raise the cup. He’s the best winger of his generation by far. The SC would add to his legitimacy and legacy.

On the other hand, LV winning would be quite the story. A bunch of cast offs with chips on their shoulder. This also goes to show how important a goalie is. Fleury is no joke.

You don't get NBCSN?

No I also pay $100 less per month than at any time within the last decade. I have all the channels I need. If the NHL continues to put their product on a station that is in limited households, I won't watch.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ovi raise the cup. He’s the best winger of his generation by far. The SC would add to his legitimacy and legacy.

On the other hand, LV winning would be quite the story. A bunch of cast offs with chips on their shoulder. This also goes to show how important a goalie is. Fleury is no joke.

He is close to having the same save % as Giguere had during his run.    

I'd like for Ovi to win one though, but couldn't care who wins this one.

How many goalies have won cups starting for 2 teams? I’m sure there’s a few, but I can only think of Roy. Fleury punches his ticket to the HHOF with a win, I’m thinking.

He'd be a 4 time cup winner and winner of 3 straight.

How many goalies have won cups starting for 2 teams? I’m sure there’s a few, but I can only think of Roy. Fleury punches his ticket to the HHOF with a win, I’m thinking.

Mike Vernon is the only other goalie i can think of who has done it. Calgary/Detroit.

Roy and Vernon are the only ones since expansion.

Original six days it probably wasn’t as uncommon but I can’t quickly find a list.

Terry Sawchuk won with the Leafs and Wings.

Edited by dudacek