Stanley Cup Finals: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

Not gonna lie, I love Wilson

Wilson is a garbage player. Would love to see Reeves pummel him that way he can put his tail between his legs the rest of the series.

I thought it made it look better.

###### Vegas. :lol:

LTS better watch out, I might punch someone.

This game is awesome.

Still bitter? Washington, Ovi, and that POS Wilson. It’s about time calls go Vegas way

I love that hit.

Love that hit huh. Geez, I talked with Rupper, Tsn crew and Anson Carter all after the game tonight and all said it was a late hit. No need for that in the game. Years ago maybe, Today’s game No. Edited by SabresBillsFan

Wilson is a garbage player. Would love to see Reeves pummel him that way he can put his tail between his legs the rest of the series.

Still bitter? ###### Washington, Ovi, and that POS Wilson. It’s about time calls go Vegas way

Love that hit huh. Geez, I talked with Rupper, Tsn crew and Anson Carter all after the game tonight and all said it was a late hit. No need for that in the game. Years ago maybe, Today’s game No.

:lol:

Edited by SwampD

Nice.

If Vegas played dirty, then Washington better start playing dirty if they want to win. I just thought it looked like SC finals hockey.

It really was a fun game and much better than the bag skate I was expecting out of Vegas. They keep playing like this and I may actually root for them.

I just want seven games.

Hope that doesn't sound too bitter.

Nice.

If Vegas played dirty, then Washington better start playing dirty if they want to win. I just thought it looked like SC finals hockey.

It really was a fun game and much better than the bag skate I was expecting out of Vegas. They keep playing like this and I may actually root for them.

I just want seven games.

Don't worry, I'll supply the bitterness today. 

Vegas and that game. I don't ever want to see them play a hockey game again, to be honest. There are, like, two players on that team I like, Nate Schmidt and Shea Theodore. Especially Reilly Smith. 

Nice.

I just want seven games.

As much as you been giving me $hit I would be glad to take another fellow Buffaloian on Board with Vegas. That wasn’t as close to a good game for Vegas. They played pretty sloppy compared to what they normally play like.

Vegas plays dirty

Yes, but the refs let it go. This is the frustrating part.

Maybe late to this, but what a POS Wilson is, man. That hit was just slightly less awful than Neil's on Drury. Garbage.

This is what happens when a team plays dirty and the refs let it go.  The other team plays dirty to be competitive. 

Garbage in (by Vegas), Garbage out (by Washington).  If you think that was a garbage hit, blame the refs for letting it get out of hand.  If they call things right, Vegas doesn't win that game.

What lmao that hit isn't even in the same realm as Neil on Drury

It’s a late, lateral, blind side hit delivered on a vulnerable opponent well after a pass has been made. Like Neil’s hit, it was even absurdly defended with a suggestion that the victim player was “admiring his pass.”

Neil’s hit was worse in that he drove up toward the head and caused lacerations because of, IIRC, how Drury’s visor became involved.

So, quite similar.

I sense that Wilson’s a significantly better hockey player than Neil ever was, but, like Neil, he’s a dangerous player who needs to be reined in.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This is what happens when a team plays dirty and the refs let it go. The other team plays dirty to be competitive.

Garbage in (by Vegas), Garbage out (by Washington). If you think that was a garbage hit, blame the refs for letting it get out of hand. If they call things right, Vegas doesn't win that game.

You can say that about any game too many factors to say this team or that team doesn’t win. Missed calls on both sides. Perron getting mugged in the corner, Miller getting his stick slashed out of his hands. Reeves with the crosscheck on Carlsson, McNabb with the slash at Ellers stick in the last 20-30 seconds. Which would have been a great penalty to take since he saved a goal. Refs have been $hit most playoffs. That was Fluerys worst game of the playoffs. It was an off night for him. He put the 4th goal in his own net.

It’s a late, lateral, blind side hit delivered on a vulnerable opponent well after a pass has been made. Like Neil’s hit, it was even absurdly defended with a suggestion that the victim player was “admiring his pass.”

Neil’s hit was worse in that he drove up toward the head and caused lacerations because of, IIRC, how Drury’s visor became involved.

So, quite similar.

I sense that Wilson’s a significantly better hockey player than Neil ever was, but, like Neil, he’s a dangerous player who needs to be reined in.

It was . Absolute targeting of a teams top player. I’m sure that was Wilson getting Marchessault back after he hit Oshie late in front of Fleury. I do know Marchy loves talking

Have they ever called any of that stuff in any SC finals series ever? I didn't have a problem with the officiating last night. As long as it goes uncalled for both teams, who cares. Hockey's a brutal sport and I love it. Give me blood..

Have they ever called any of that stuff in any SC finals series ever? I didn't have a problem with the officiating last night. As long as it goes uncalled for both teams, who cares. Hockey's a brutal sport and I love it. Give me blood..

At least we can agree on something. 2 refs, replays and they still can’t get right. Got to love it

So, quite similar.

You're really reaching here. The Vegas player was fine, Drury was bleeding everywhere and had a concussion. Drury took a head shot

In no way are they on the same level

You're really reaching here. The Vegas player was fine, Drury was bleeding everywhere and had a concussion. Drury took a head shot

In no way are they on the same level

Homes. Did you read what I wrote upthread? Because it seems like maybe you did not.

Both hits are/involve: Late, blind side, lateral approach, gratuitous, vulnerable player, and a plea from the aggressor and/or his apologists that the recipient of the hit was guilty of admiring his pass.

As you say, Neil's hit went higher and had a worse outcome (some of which was a bit happenstance, as his visor really cut him up (something that I have heard has been addressed through better helmet/visor design)). But it's a difference in gradation, not type.