Stanley Cup Finals: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

Your words, not mine. It's also not the point I was making.

Well, then, I'm confused.

Back to the hit. Didn't he get a penalty? What more do you want them to do? It was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit that was borderline late where nobody got hurt. If you say that you want that to be suspendable, then IMO you are essentially saying you want hitting taken out of the game.

I admit freely that I love watching physically brutal hockey. When guys are getting the ###### beat out of themselves and still somehow manage to make the great hockey play, it's just soooo much more entertaining than the new NHL windsprint hockey where a puck occasionally gets deflected in.

I'm hoping that tonight's game is equally as brutal as Wilson's hit from both sides.

Edited by SwampD

He plays the game a certain way. Some people don't like it, and I'm OK with that.

Kaleta was even more aggressive tbh.

And he was filthy. Almost every hit was late. I loved the kid but he wasn't talented enough to hit guys clean on a regular basis.

Something that was quite noticeable about the really good teams in the playoffs and especially in game one is these teams really get the puck to the middle of the offensive zone.  A lot of times it results in nothing or even a turnover but it's the focus.  

I've always thought keeping possession in your zone was important but I'm learning this is not correct.  These two teams don't worry about possession nearly as much as getting the puck out of the corners and to the middle.  I'd really like to see the Sabres make this an emphasis.  

Something that was quite noticeable about the really good teams in the playoffs and especially in game one is these teams really get the puck to the middle of the offensive zone.  A lot of times it results in nothing or even a turnover but it's the focus.  

I've always thought keeping possession in your zone was important but I'm learning this is not correct.  These two teams don't worry about possession nearly as much as getting the puck out of the corners and to the middle.  I'd really like to see the Sabres make this an emphasis.  

They were talking about this today on the Team 1040 out of Vancouver. Saying how Vegas is changing the model somewhat in that they don't put as much emphasis on puck possession.

Good observation 

They were talking about this today on the Team 1040 out of Vancouver. Saying how Vegas is changing the model somewhat in that they don't put as much emphasis on puck possession.

Thanks, fellas. This is the good sh1t. (Not the method or approach, necessarily (but, sure, maybe), just keeping current on what's being discussed out thar.)

I don't even remember Briere anymore

Stop. The guy was wondrously greasy.

Holtby with the save of the year. Absolutely incredible

I'd be hard pressed to think of a bigger save, given the situation.

Neal's goal was pretty sick.

I really can't believe how good McNabb looks.

I'm glad we get more hockey.

That was almost an haiku.

######, it's crappy staged sword fights.

I think you missed my Seinfeld reference.

Neal's goal was pretty sick.

I really can't believe how good McNabb looks.

I'm glad we get more hockey.

That was almost an haiku.

I think you missed my Seinfeld reference.

I was incredibly impressed with Neal's goal. Tipping the puck out of mid-air past the dman and then being so poised and sniping top corner was nasty.

If Holtby doesn't make that miracle save late, I think Vegas takes game 2 in OT. They were rolling as the Caps were doing all they could just to survive late.

It's actually Pittsburgh that started this trend two years ago, the focus on slot shots/scoring chances specifically. 

It's also worthwhile to note that both teams are great at puck possession too while doing it. 

It also makes the Sabres even further from success, as we were worse at generating good scoring chances than we were at general puck possession.

Holtby with an unbelievable save on Tuch last night. Almost everyone by me was celebrating and I was yelling he saved it. Too damn funny some of these people learning the game. One thing I don’t get is everyone knows Ovi takes his spot in his office but I don’t know why more teams don’t lean more his way knowing that one timer is eventually coming. Take Oshie in the slot and let one of their other non snipers try to beat you. I know Ovi is a future hall of famer but gee we all know that shot is coming. I see the Buffalo News had a whole article about Buffalo fans living in Las Vegas and my buddies family is in it. See I was telling you people. It’s not like this team moved here it’s our team. Doesn’t mean we don’t like the Sabres anymore. I’m still love the Sabres but what I don’t like is their inability to fix that team because let’s face it the fans deserve better especially Buffalo fans. If you were here when I moved here back in 89 and you would of told me this city would take a loving for a hockey team I wouldn’t have believed you. It’s crazy to see how many fans that I know watched hockey for their first time this season and have fell in love with this game. I think that’s great to see and great for the game.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Whether or not they have fallen in love with the game has yet to be seen.

We know they have fallen in love with winning.

Eyebrow-raisingly true.

They could be in danger of being as spoiled as Patriots fans born after 1991, in which everything was rosy, even for the oldest fans after they were 5 years old.

Even going back to the Whalers moving to Carolina: the Hurricanes started in Greensboro (an hour+ away from Raleigh) for two years after moving from Hartford, and once the team actually arrived in Raleigh in 1999-2000, it was only two seasons before their trip to the SCF in 2001-02 (and then a Cup in *shudder* 2005-06).  Remember how smug those dickbags fans were?  Gross.  They've since calmed the down and eaten their humble pie after missing the playoffs now nine years in a row.

I really hope Vegas embraces their team win or lose without taking them for granted or getting up on a pedestal.