Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

So am I the only one on Sabrespace who thinks Berglund and Sobotka are NHL hockey players?

I swear everyone here thinks we just reacquired Pouliot and Josefson.

I think we are going to get decent contribution from them. As others have said, especially relative to what we are used to from players in their spots. 

57 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think we are going to get decent contribution from them. As others have said, especially relative to what we are used to from players in their spots. 

Right. It seems like many here would only be satisfied with the second coming of the '06-'07 lineup. It's already looking like a big improvement, with intriguing prospects to boot

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

So am I the only one on Sabrespace who thinks Berglund and Sobotka are NHL hockey players?

I swear everyone here thinks we just reacquired Pouliot and Josefson.

I actually like both of the players. However, have these guys spoken yet like Hutton or Thompson did? There was some rumors last season that Sobotka was thinking of returning to the KHL. Until he says he's committed to the Sabres, i'm not 100% sure we will ever see him here.

7 minutes ago, Briere48 said:

I actually like both of the players. However, have these guys spoken yet like Hutton or Thompson did? There was some rumors last season that Sobotka was thinking of returning to the KHL. Until he says he's committed to the Sabres, i'm not 100% sure we will ever see him here.

He's got an NHL deal and the two leagues have an agreement, so the chances of him being able to walk away without the Sabres approval are slim.

11 hours ago, Alkoholist said:

So we've already wasted the ELC's of Ristolainen, Eichel, and Reinhart and now we're already planning to waste the ELC's of Mittelstadt and Dahlin waiting for more of these bums to free up money to be competitive? Or are we gonna wait for Berglund and Okposo to be gone as well?

This team is on a timetable of Rasmus, not Jack.  I would think that after 3 years, Rasmus will surpass the play of Drew Doughty circa 2012 on the Kings ascent.   Kopitar was I believe three year older than Drew, as Jack is to Rasmus.  I don’t think the Kings worried about Kopitar not being on an entry level deal.  He was 25 and 27 during their cup runs and dominated in scoring, as will Jack.  The next two years are going to be Tampa vs Toronto whether we like it or not.  By 2020 all the bad contracts save KO and Berglund are off the books.  The Kings also had some 30+ guys contribute (Stoll and Williams).   So all is not lost. It’s possible that two of our three first round picks next year will be contributing in the 2021 playoffs.....on entry level deals.   The question is other than the two Rasmus’, who else is playing D on that 2021 team.  Guehle and some of the Rochester Americans from 2018?

What I don't get is that we are in need of a LW for our top 2 lines, Jeff Skinners name is being talked about yet the bruins, Canadians and other teams are asking about him but not the Sabres? The guy has 3- 30 goal seasons under his belt already, had 24 goals this past year, why wouldn't we deal a 1st and possibly a player we don't want anymore?

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think you have project Guhle and Borgen to have arrived. Pilut is a possibility, as is Samuelsson.

I guess any of Bogosian, Scandella, McCabe and Nelson could still be in the picture as well given their ages.

Looking at the LHD depth in the organization I have to believe a trade is coming somewhere down the pipeline.

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

This team is on a timetable of Rasmus, not Jack.  I would think that after 3 years, Rasmus will surpass the play of Drew Doughty circa 2012 on the Kings ascent.   Kopitar was I believe three year older than Drew, as Jack is to Rasmus.  I don’t think the Kings worried about Kopitar not being on an entry level deal.  He was 25 and 27 during their cup runs and dominated in scoring, as will Jack.  The next two years are going to be Tampa vs Toronto whether we like it or not.  By 2020 all the bad contracts save KO and Berglund are off the books.  The Kings also had some 30+ guys contribute (Stoll and Williams).   So all is not lost. It’s possible that two of our three first round picks next year will be contributing in the 2021 playoffs.....on entry level deals.   The question is other than the two Rasmus’, who else is playing D on that 2021 team.  Guehle and some of the Rochester Americans from 2018?

Samuelsson is probably on that team. Borgen and Fitzgerald both have a shot. I'd guess at least 1 of the 5 swedes has a chance. 

5 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

What I don't get is that we are in need of a LW for our top 2 lines, Jeff Skinners name is being talked about yet the bruins, Canadians and other teams are asking about him but not the Sabres? The guy has 3- 30 goal seasons under his belt already, had 24 goals this past year, why wouldn't we deal a 1st and possibly a player we don't want anymore?

Because botterill already asked thre price and was told no. Because he doesn't like skinners contract. Because he doesn't like the player. Lots of reasons. My guess is the price. Carolina probably wants a good prospect, a first, and a roster player. Why would they take scraps for a 30g scorer? You'd be mad if Buffalo did that. 

Edited by LGR4GM

7 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I think it’s likely Skinner’s status as a pending UFA is scaring off a lot of teams.

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Because botterill already asked thre price and was told no. Because he doesn't like skinners contract. Because he doesn't like the player. Lots of reasons. My guess is the price. Carolina probably wants a good prospect, a first, and a roster player. Why would they take scraps for a 30g scorer? You'd be mad if Buffalo did that. 

Throw them a 1st and Alexander Nylander, if they're talking with teams like Boston and Montreal what can those teams really offer that we couldn't?

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

From Friedman’s 31 Thoughts Podcast.

The Sabres are interested in Pacioretty, however he may not be interested in coming to Buffalo 

Regardless of if we get him, or whether that would be a good idea given the extension he could be seeking, I'm glad to hear that Botterill is clearly interested in fielding a competitive team this year.

Catching up on the weekend, so sorry if this has already been posted, but apparently the Karlsson trade talks have turned into a real pissing match. Tampa, Dallas, and Vegas are still the front runners.

Tampa had a deal in place until Melnyk got cold feet and tried to throw Ryan in the deal again. This obviously didn't go over too well with Stevie Y, so Tampa is now standing it's ground

Dallas is unwilling to part with Heiskanen, which is Ottawa's sticking point

Not sure what the hold up is with Vegas. They have the cap space, but maybe not the picks/young talent. 

At this point it's pretty much whoever is willing to blink first. Karlsson is still 100% moving, it's just a matter of where at this point. My money is on Tampa. Dallas simply isn't going to part with Heiskanen, and I don't know if Vegas has the options. Stevie Y wins the mind game with Melynk, and puts his team back as favorites in the East

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.