Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Is there another deal to be had with the Blues?

Rumor has it that they are going to sign Maroon, but they also have to re-sign RFA Edmundson and have only about 5-6 mill in cap to do it.  Do they need to send someone else out?  Is there someone they might deal to create cap room?

@reporterchris
Extending Nikita Kucherov does not take #TBLightning out of the Erik Karlsson trade talks. Quite the opposite; it gives them more certainty about their future.

Word is they continue to engage outside teams on a potential three-way deal with OTT

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't mind adding a player from TB. As long as it didn't cost a ton. For example we could toss in Larsson or Zemgus and a 2nd round pick or something.

There isn’t a useful player on Tampa that we could get for that price.

44 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

The other team they are looking for is probably just a sucker team they'll get to take Ryan for Ottawa and Callahan for Tampa.

I don’t think there’s any way Ryan’s contract goes to Tampa or a third team unless the third team gets basically as much as Ottawa gets. Ottawa is stupid enough to diminish one of the league’s best assets, though.

51 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'd bet they'd be more interested in a McCabe

Especially with a few of their expensive dmen coming off the books next offseason. But I don’t see us as a fit for them in this Karlsson deal or the immediate follow up because I don’t think Tampa will need to move anything other than Callahan immediately.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't mind adding a player from TB. As long as it didn't cost a ton. For example we could toss in Larsson or Zemgus and a 2nd round pick or something.

If it winds up as mostly a cap dump, you're probably more likely to be sending one of your absolute lowest guys back in return.  There winds up being no cap hit to Tampa and each time still winds up with the same number of total contracts.  I don't even know which "Sabre" that winds up being at this point, maybe someone like Karabacek or Brycen Martin.  Think of past deals like acquiring Henrik Tallinder for Riley Boychuk.

...And that that's if there's a need for either team to balance out contracts.

58 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Tampa Bay, if they land Karlsson, has a real shot at an Edmonton of the 80's type Dynasty. Holy Stevie Y, unreal this guy gets players and contracts like that.

Think more of the Red Wings dynasty that he captained.  He had a front row seat to how Ken Holland managed contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Think more of the Red Wings dynasty that he captained.  He had a front row seat to how Ken Holland managed contracts.

There was no cap for most of that though.  They were throwing money at any goalie they could find at some point.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Then why bring in the '80s Eulers?

Did they bring in much beyond Coffey?  I don't really remember most of the names that went through.  The ones that stick out most to me are the goalie carousel and then guys like Brett Hull and Shanahan.

On a side note, I would have thought it was us bringing in all the 80s Oilers during Muckler's time, or at least the lower level guys like Muni and Craig Anderson.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Did they bring in much beyond Coffey?  I don't really remember most of the names that went through.  The ones that stick out most to me are the goalie carousel and then guys like Brett Hull and Shanahan.

On a side note, I would have thought it was us bringing in all the 80s Oilers during Muckler's time, or at least the lower level guys like Muni and Craig Anderson.

I'm talking about Scottysabres's post:  He compares Stevie Y's Lightning to the '80s Oilers (see the post I quoted in my post about the Red Wings dynasty).

• Like (+1) 1

Sens trades Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan to Vegas.

Vegas trades 2019 2nd rd,  2020 1st rd picks to Ottawa.

Vegas trades Alex Tuch to Buffalo.

Buffalo trades Zach Bogo and 2019 1st rd pick to Ottawa.

Break down for each team-

Ottawa trades Ryan and Karlsson for 2019 1st rd,  2019 2nd rd,  2020 1st rd, and Zach Bogo.

Vegas trades 2019 2nd rd,  2020 1st rd, and Tuch for Karlsson and Ryan.

Buffalo trades 2019 1st rd and Bogo for Tuch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.