Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Catching up on the weekend, so sorry if this has already been posted, but apparently the Karlsson trade talks have turned into a real pissing match. Tampa, Dallas, and Vegas are still the front runners.

Tampa had a deal in place until Melnyk got cold feet and tried to throw Ryan in the deal again. This obviously didn't go over too well with Stevie Y, so Tampa is now standing it's ground

Dallas is unwilling to part with Heiskanen, which is Ottawa's sticking point

Not sure what the hold up is with Vegas. They have the cap space, but maybe not the picks/young talent. 

At this point it's pretty much whoever is willing to blink first. Karlsson is still 100% moving, it's just a matter of where at this point. My money is on Tampa. Dallas simply isn't going to part with Heiskanen, and I don't know if Vegas has the options. Stevie Y wins the mind game with Melynk, and puts his team back as favorites in the East

Is this from somewhere or something you're just saying?

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is this from somewhere or something you're just saying?

Just combing through the reddit threads, grabbing a consensus of what can and cannot actually be confirmed

Here's more from the Pagnotta

Wow, the new quote function is pretty freaking awesome. That is insanely cool, well done SDS

Edited by WildCard

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Wonder if Vegas trades Karlsson for Karlsson?  ?

No chance.

Also: if there were an extension in place I’d give up a decent amount for Patches. McCabe, a first and a middle of the pack prospect.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

But would you want to give up all that and give Pacioretty a fat contract?  I’ve heard that he’s looking for term and high dollars.  

Isn’t every player? He’s worth a good contract. I’m not going to give him crazy money (less than Kane).

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

But would you want to give up all that and give Pacioretty a fat contract?  I’ve heard that he’s looking for term and high dollars.  

At 29 no, no I would not. Like Hoss mentioned though, at 29 I doubt he wants to come here anyways. He's probably looking at a Dallas or something similar

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Isn’t every player? He’s worth a good contract. I’m not going to give him crazy money (less than Kane).

He was worth that good contract 5 years ago and instead took his garbage one for 6X$4M

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

No chance.

Also: if there were an extension in place I’d give up a decent amount for Patches. McCabe, a first and a middle of the pack prospect.

I'd pass. This team can keep pissing away first round picks and depth defenders and even middle of the pack prospects (Asplund for example) for either 1 year of a 29 year old winger or even worse, paying him the 6-8 years he will want in a new contract at 7+ million a year. It is just a waste for a team that's cores average age is what? 21. 

• Like (+1) 2

"It's about, does he want to spend the next eight years in Columbus?" Daniel Milstein [Panarin's agent] said in a Q&A published Sunday. "That's the only thing at stake right now. If it was a two-year deal we probably would have done it. But it isn't a two-year deal. It's [going to] have to be an extended, seven- or eight-year deal put in place." https://www.nhl.com/news/artemi-panarin-unsure-of-long-term-deal-with-columbus-blue-jackets/c-299438652

Edited by WildCard

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

So now what happens with the Panarin situation in Columbus? 26 year old stud who does not look like he wants to stay with Jackets.....

I think he’s going to push his way to the Bruins or Rangers.

40 minutes ago, WildCard said:

God please just go to the freaking West

@MikeCairns5
Hearing the rumblings and got a good feeling we may finally be getting close to a conclusion with the Lightning and Erik Karlsson.  Stay Tuned.

Nope.  Sabres arnt winning the cup over the next couple seasons anyway so Tampa would be one of my favourite bets to prevent the leafs from doing it.

It'll also hamstring Tampa enough with the cap that they will have to lose some other key players anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Nope.  Sabres arnt winning the cup over the next couple seasons anyway so Tampa would be one of my favourite bets to prevent the leafs from doing it.

It'll also hamstring Tampa enough with the cap that they will have to lose some other key players anyway.

We aren't even going to make the playoffs for the next 6 years with Boton, Tampa, and Toronto in our division if Tampa gets Karlsson

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

We aren't even going to make the playoffs for the next 6 years with Boton, Tampa, and Toronto in our division if Tampa gets Karlsson

I donno man, with or without karlsson Tampa is a tough beat either way.  I think catching Boston is the first option and then Toronto.  Best case may eventually get the first wildcard and cross over.

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I donno man, with or without karlsson Tampa is a tough beat either way.  I think catching Boston is the first option and then Toronto.  Best case may eventually get the first wildcard and cross over.

Tampa is a power for sure but having two defensive pairings of Karlsson -- XXX and Hedman -- XXX? There's 60m in a game, and that's basically 50m of it you're not doing sh!t for offensively 

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Tampa is a power for sure but having two defensive pairings of Karlsson -- XXX and Hedman -- XXX? There's 60m in a game, and that's basically 50m of it you're not doing sh!t for offensively 

This is all true.  But you don't live in leaf country my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

God please just go to the freaking West

@MikeCairns5
Hearing the rumblings and got a good feeling we may finally be getting close to a conclusion with the Lightning and Erik Karlsson.  Stay Tuned.

The East is improving it's superiority over the West. The balance has shifted for now. 

47 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Bingo.

The playoff system right now as currently constructed is a poor one, but it could work to the Sabres' advantage in the future. We don't have to beat Tampa, Toronto, and Boston every year. We just have to beat the battle-tested one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.