Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

I think Dahlin lives with Risto, but they have to draw a line down the middle of the house. 

Bah hahaha.

Seriously, though. Mom's coming over, right? She can make the family's special phat panny.

And, assuming mom and dad are still together, dad can hang back in Sweden, have some bachelor life, and make occasional long visits to Buffalo. Not for nothing: As a middle-aged dad and husband, that sort of (temporary) arrangement sounds kinda fun.

Bah hahaha.

Seriously, though. Mom's coming over, right? She can make the family's special phat panny.

And, assuming mom and dad are still together, dad can hang back in Sweden, have some bachelor life, and make occasional long visits to Buffalo. Not for nothing: As a middle-aged dad and husband, that sort of (temporary) arrangement sounds kinda fun.

Why can't mom stay in Sweden and have the bachelorette life?

Dahlin is practicing with a visor. He ditched the cage, getting ready for nhl action.

Dahlin is practicing with a visor. He ditched the cage, getting ready for nhl action.

This actually crossed my mind.  Playing with the full cage, I was wondering if he would take the visor for a test run sooner than later.

:huh:

You haven't met/spoken w/ many mothers, have you?

This fall look around when school starts, when a child hops on the school bus for the very 1st time, check out which parent is bawling their eyes out. Come back and re-ask your question then, if necessary. ;)

This fall look around when school starts, when a child hops on the school bus for the very 1st time, check out which parent is bawling their eyes out. Come back and re-ask your question then, if necessary. ;)

Dropped my kid off at his first day of kindergarten this past fall and it was me balling my eyes out :cry:

Fair point. I raise my hand for being backwards on that post.

That said, and as I think my post indicated, my post was based on my personal experience (moms generally run the world) and, yes, a bit of fantasy about what an adventure like that  might be like.

Well, the thing is ...

Dropped my kid off at his first day of kindergarten this past fall and it was me balling my eyes out :cry:

My wife runs the show, but I am generally the sap and softy in the marriage.

Which is fine, awesome actually.

But more often than not, mom has a much harder time when the little ones are ready to leave the nest. And mom, more often than not, is more willing & able to uproot her routine than dad is.

Crying and saying mommy has to move with the kid are 2 seperate things. Maybe Dahlin mom has a good job she can't leave. Maybe he's closer to his dad. Why can't a father be sad to his child leave home.

I'm not coming back in the fall to ask anything. It's a false equivalency.

Which is fine, awesome actually.

But more often than not, mom has a much harder time when the little ones are ready to leave the nest. And mom, more often than not, is more willing & able to uproot her routine than dad is.

Cool. That's an opinion on the matter.

Fair point. I raise my hand for being backwards on that post.

That said, and as I think my post indicated, my post was based on my personal experience (moms generally run the world) and, yes, a bit of fantasy about what an adventure like that might be like.

Well, the thing is ...

My wife runs the show, but I am generally the sap and softy in the marriage.

You're not backwards, I was just suggesting the opposite could happen as well. Edited by Skurk Liger

Crying and saying mommy has to move with the kid are 2 seperate things. Maybe Dahlin mom has a good job she can't leave. Maybe he's closer to his dad. Why can't a father be sad to his child leave home.

I'm not coming back in the fall to ask anything. It's a false equivalency. Cool. That's an opinion on the matter.

No. TAS is one of the best posters on the board and you decided to try to SJW him into feeling bad for saying since Laine's mom came over maybe Dahlin's mom could as well. You don't get to JJ him.

And that you pretend to not understand what was attempted to be conveyed by the post you are responding to is sad. If you truly don't understand, it is even sadder.

No. TAS is one of the best posters on the board and you decided to try to SJW him into feeling bad for saying since Laine's mom came over maybe Dahlin's mom could as well. You don't get to JJ him.

And that you pretend to not understand what was attempted to be conveyed by the post you are responding to is sad. If you truly don't understand, it is even sadder.

1. I don't get that impression at all.

2. I don't think you understand the term SJW.

1. I don't get that impression at all.

2. I don't think you understand the term SJW.

1. Fair enough. Our views on why the original statement was made and the intent it conveyed affects our perception of the original statement. We clearly read it differently.

2. You are incorrect on that point.

Taro, let me be clear. I think you need clarity. My post, was aimed at the "bachelor" life comment. I merely responded to suggest the opposite could be true. Maybe Dahlin's mother wants a little bachelorette life. You, you are the poster who has blown this up. You're acting like some warrior mad at me for suggesting an opposite take. That said, I have no interests to interact with you on this board. You don't like me and consistently demonstrate that. So instead of being mad, I'm just not gonna engage with you. Because after all, I'm just sad.

Edited by Skurk Liger

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.