Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

Taro, let me be clear. I think you need clarity. My post, was aimed at the "bachelor" life comment. I merely responded to suggest the opposite could be true. Maybe Dahlin's mother wants a little bachelorette life. You, you are the poster who has blown this up. You're acting like some warrior mad at me for suggesting an opposite take. That said, I have no interests to interact with you on this board. You don't like me and consistently demonstrate that. So instead of being mad, I'm just not gonna engage with you. Because after all, I'm just sad.

Maybe she does. But that isn't as likely as her wanting to be with her "baby" now living 1/3 of a world away. And, again, it isn't a given, but the odds are SIGNIFICANTLY higher that IF (another non given) a parent skips the pond to stay w/ him that it'll be mom.

And, if you don't want to speak w/ me, then so be it. Doubt you'll believe this, but I DO like you. You've grown a lot since coming on this board posting 8-20 x per day primarily proposing stuff that would've made the younger Wookie blush. :beer:

Crying and saying mommy has to move with the kid are 2 seperate things. Maybe Dahlin mom has a good job she can't leave. Maybe he's closer to his dad. Why can't a father be sad to his child leave home.

I wasn't suggesting that a dad can't be sad to leave his child.

The foundation of my suggestion was pragmatic. Predictively speaking, ya need a mom to move to a foreign country, get you settled, get you grounded, think of the one thousand little details that will make a proper life for you, and generally keep you on an even keel.

I am sure there are dads out there who could do that. If that were me? Holy moly - lulz. I'd be so well intentioned, and also a mostly unmitigated disaster. My wife (Borat voice), OTOH, could do something like that with such grace and efficiency that she'd leave everyone around her slack-jawed in amazement.

Like I said, that's predictive, not determinative.

Edited by That Aud Smell

You've picked probably my two favorite plays. Talk about getting shots through from the point, and not just Beaulieu-ing them into shin pads 3 feet in front of you.

Very underrated part about him. Karlsson is unrivaled at it as well. You don't need a Pronger slapper to be successful, especially in today's game. Just get the puck through traffic in the right traffic 

You've picked probably my two favorite plays. Talk about getting shots through from the point, and not just Beaulieu-ing them into shin pads 3 feet in front of you.

The obvious reply here is that you're complimenting a non-NHL player for not doing something an NHL player does. It doesn't seem fair.

I appreciated the critique of Jack's attempt at picking corners on that one-timer of his. So frustrating.

Dude.  You can have it.

Do you take PayPal? Same price as the other items I've purchased?

The obvious reply here is that you're complimenting a non-NHL player for not doing something an NHL player does. It doesn't seem fair.

I appreciated the critique of Jack's attempt at picking corners on that one-timer of his. So frustrating.

Do you take PayPal? Same price as the other items I've purchased?

:huh: That's the "obvious" reply? Interesting.

I missed that until Taro pointed it out.

I said a while back that how you're responding to Dahlin as a prospect -- or to those GIFs above, specifically -- is something of a rorschach test. If you see that sort of play and think along the lines of "meh - I'll believe it when I see it in the big show", then that's just how and what you are, as a person. Other reasonable people can watch those highlights and, proverbially, feel it move. And there are probably other levels of reaction, too, distributed on a continuum between the two extremes.

I am plotted on a line close to the HFS, can you fooking believe how good this guy looks?! cohort. I can't wait to see the kid play in a Sabres uniform.

giphy.gif

That second one in particular is why I think you'll see Jack and Dahlin on different PP units, at least not right away.  Both have that shifty, now-you-see-me-now-you-don't ability.  I think when you have someone like that the rest of the PP unit needs to be fairly well structured.  If you had two guys like that out there at the same time, it'd be that much harder to maintain the structure.

Maybe after they've played together for a while and knew each other's moves, they might be united on the PP.

1. Fair enough. Our views on why the original statement was made and the intent it conveyed affects our perception of the original statement. We clearly read it differently.

2. You are incorrect on that point.

To clarify, and this is the only post I'll make on it so as not to continue derailing the thread, the term SJW has changed over the last decade and especially the last few years.  It used to be a fairly neutral term, or even positive term, for someone interested in civil rights, especially feminism.  It has since taken a hard turn towards being essentially a slur these days that a certain segment of the right uses against a certain segment of the left, and using it is effectively a calling card to associate yourself with people who are more than happy to harass, insult, and doxx (revealing someone's real identity/personal info like address or phone number) women and those who defend them online.  Since I have never considered you among that latter group, I felt that you might not grasp the full situation you are engendering with your use of the term.

Anyway, back to Dahlin.

the term SJW has changed over the last decade and especially the last few years. ... It has since taken a hard turn towards being essentially a slur these days that a certain segment of the right uses against a certain segment of the left, and using it is effectively a calling card to associate yourself with people who are more than happy to harass, insult, and doxx (revealing someone's real identity/personal info like address or phone number) women and those who defend them online.

(is true.)

To clarify, and this is the only post I'll make on it so as not to continue derailing the thread, the term SJW has changed over the last decade and especially the last few years.  It used to be a fairly neutral term, or even positive term, for someone interested in civil rights, especially feminism.  It has since taken a hard turn towards being essentially a slur these days that a certain segment of the right uses against a certain segment of the left, and using it is effectively a calling card to associate yourself with people who are more than happy to harass, insult, and doxx (revealing someone's real identity/personal info like address or phone number) women and those who defend them online.  Since I have never considered you among that latter group, I felt that you might not grasp the full situation you are engendering with your use of the term.

Anyway, back to Dahlin.

Interesting. Appreciate the response. It does raise further questions, but really don't see a need to pull this thread further off topic, so they will go unasked. :beer:

(is true.)

:unsure: (But perfectly fine w/ that one going well overhead.)

:huh: That's the "obvious" reply? Interesting.

Do you think it's harder or easier getting shots through from the point in the Swedish League or the National League?

I missed that until Taro pointed it out.

I said a while back that how you're responding to Dahlin as a prospect -- or to those GIFs above, specifically -- is something of a rorschach test. If you see that sort of play and think along the lines of "meh - I'll believe it when I see it in the big show", then that's just how and what you are, as a person. Other reasonable people can watch those highlights and, proverbially, feel it move. And there are probably other levels of reaction, too, distributed on a continuum between the two extremes.

I am plotted on a line close to the HFS, can you fooking believe how good this guy looks?! cohort. I can't wait to see the kid play in a Sabres uniform.

I don't believe "I need to see it in the NHL" is an extreme. I also don't believe any of these opinions indicates what kind of person you are. Jesus. Positive and realistic are not mutually exclusive.

My issue with the post is that it said, essentially, "Look! Dahlin can do something that Nathan Beaulieu can't do." But it's apples and oranges, big time.

Anyone up for some Grigorenko clips? People flooded into then-HSBC Arena to get a glimpse at the wunderkind in the summer of 2012. Him and Girgensons.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.